Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) (/showthread.php?tid=267343)

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - Guilouz - 2016-11-18

(2016-11-18, 11:24)GEHowe1 Wrote: The standard Estuary Skin shows the number of watched / total population as an overlay on the movies and tv shows menu items.

Can this be done / switched on in the estuary mod?

Thanks

Graham

No, I do not plain to do this.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - 0ldfart - 2016-11-19

(2016-11-14, 15:05)bmonster Wrote: Rotten tomato and IMDb should already be displayed, if not check you've not got them hidden. Skin settings/library options..

The ratings are normally shown at the bottom of the movie information, rt, popcorn time, and I'm not sure what the m is, metacritic I think..

Wow thats freakin awesome. Thanks.

Thanks very much Devs. Love this skin. this feature is fantastic.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - xodiuser - 2016-11-19

The "Next airing episodes" widget only show the airing time, no date, could you add the date information?

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - vmstek - 2016-11-19

Stupid Question Time...

But are the required addons installed as part or the Mod, or do they have to be individually pre-installed?

Reason I ask, is because the installation instructions are out of date....there is no / Settings / Addons/ in Kodi 17 anymore.
You have to go through the Main menu and go to the Addons browser to get to "Install from Zip File"

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - mitcd - 2016-11-19

(2016-11-18, 11:24)GEHowe1 Wrote: The standard Estuary Skin shows the number of watched / total population as an overlay on the movies and tv shows menu items.

Can this be done / switched on in the estuary mod?

Thanks

Graham

+1

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - z1haze - 2016-11-19

Hi i am i new user to kodi and i have a firetv . is there a tutorial on how to setup this skin and mods on this platform? i dont understand how to get the repository into kodi to installl the addons

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - Blurayx - 2016-11-19

(2016-11-19, 19:59)z1haze Wrote: Hi i am i new user to kodi and i have a firetv . is there a tutorial on how to setup this skin and mods on this platform? i dont understand how to get the repository into kodi to installl the addons

Hi z1haze,

I see vmstek has given you instructions on how to install Estuary MOD

it's a great skin, i hope you enjoy using it Smile

(2016-11-19, 19:59)z1haze Wrote: Hi i am i new user to kodi and i have a firetv . is there a tutorial on how to setup this skin and mods on this platform? i dont understand how to get the repository into kodi to installl the addons

- First you need Kodi 17 [Krypton] , then from the Main Menu scroll down and go into Addons,
- Then look for the icon that looks like an open Box with a Down Arrow...that will get you into the Addon Browser
- From there you will see the "Install from Zip File".
- Clicking that will bring up a security warning..click on Settings and allow installation from Unknown Sources.
- Then you can back out and Install the Repository Zip file you downloaded...the usual browser will come up so you will need to have placed the Zip in one of your folders visible in the file browser, or an SMB share.
- After that go back into Addons and Install from Repository, and select the Guilous Repository, ---> Look and Feel ---> Skin--->Estuary Mod

I had to find out the hard way, that the "Required Addons" from post #1 each have to be manually installed...so I am starting over.
This is not like other Skins which install the required addons when installing the Skin.

Good Luck

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - z1haze - 2016-11-19

i actually got it all installed! now i have a slight issue i dont know if its major but one of those necessary addons i cannot get installed. its the script.module.simplecache, does anyome have any thoughts on this? i have installed the latest nightly build of kodi as of the 19th

EDIT:

i solved this by manually installing this addon from its repo

For me, the Skin Helper Service Master came up with a dependency error...but it does not say what dependency is missing before the message disappears.
Going into the logs to see if more info is in there.

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skin.helper.service]: The dependency on script.module.skin.helper.artutils version 1.0.0 could not be satisfied.

Anyone know what is the missing dependency.

SOLVED - by updating from Kodi Repository.

So far so good.
Really happy about the Live TV loading the channel in the foreground..
I do not understand why the default Estuary Skin would load the channel in the background like it does.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - bmonster - 2016-11-19

(2016-11-19, 22:11)vmstek Wrote: For me, the Skin Helper Service Master came up with a dependency error...but it does not say what dependency is missing before the message disappears.
Going into the logs to see if more info is in there.

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skin.helper.service]: The dependency on script.module.skin.helper.artutils version 1.0.0 could not be satisfied.

Anyone know what is the missing dependency.

Install repository version 1.0.116, the repository is emby Beta addons, or marcelvldt beta addons.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt/archive/master.zip

Ran into a problem when testing search (local search for a movie title)
GUI froze on search results screen...have to reboot.

Code:
16:13:46.111 T:139903509714688   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 198
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.globalsearch/resources/lib/gui.py", line 43, in onInit
                                                self._hide_controls()
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.globalsearch/resources/lib/gui.py", line 96, in _hide_controls
                                                self.getControl( 198 ).setVisible( False )
                                            RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 198
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:13:46.115 T:139906686953792   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'globalsearch-itemcount.png'
16:13:55.237 T:139903509714688   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'GUI' object has no attribute 'playingtrailer'
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.globalsearch/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1210, in onAction
                                                if self.playingtrailer == 'false':
                                            AttributeError: 'GUI' object has no attribute 'playingtrailer'
16:14:56.515 T:139906686953792   ERROR: Previous line repeats 6 times.
16:14:56.515 T:139906686953792  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
16:15:07.499 T:139903509714688   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'GUI' object has no attribute 'playingtrailer'
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.globalsearch/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1210, in onAction
                                                if self.playingtrailer == 'false':
                                            AttributeError: 'GUI' object has no attribute 'playingtrailer'

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - vmstek - 2016-11-20

Well I have some debugging ahead of me.
First, all videos played in a window, even tho Kodi is set to Full Screen.
Then after 4-5 minutes the screen goes blank. Yatse shows the video still playing.

Switching back to default Estuary and disabling Estuary Mod, fixed both issues.

I suspect one of the Required Addons, as the log shows several script errors.
The only addon I normally load is the Kodi Viewer.

I'll see what the debug log shows tomorrow, then remove the Mod, the Required addons and reinstall..this time by installing the Required addons first.

I also just noticed Krypton has announced a new default skin to replace Estuary. ...hmmm.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - Sjors125 - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-19, 21:54)vmstek Wrote:

[...]

This is not like other Skins which install the required addons when installing the Skin.

Good Luck

Is there a particular reason Guilouz did not integrate the necessary add-ons and scripts to the skins installation files?

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 08/11/16) - Guilouz - 2016-11-20

(2016-11-20, 11:21)Sjors125 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 21:54)vmstek Wrote:

[...]

Good Luck

Is there a particular reason Guilouz did not integrate the necessary add-ons and scripts to the skins installation files?

Because some addons are on github only and not (yet) on official repository.