Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED) (/showthread.php?tid=267343)

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - Baardmans - 2017-02-18

First of, I love this skin. It's the only one that seems to work fast and is customizable.
But, would it be possible to add a slim OSD, like the original Estuary, and maybe transparency (particularly for the searching for subtitles menu and such)?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - boredandlazy - 2017-02-18

Hi again,

Small bug when viewing albums/songs in the music library, the text seems to conflict with the little folder icon. If that could be fixed it would be appreciated. Smile
Thanks again. Smile

Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - iMak - 2017-02-18

(2017-02-18, 04:57)mystic84 Wrote: can you tell how I can have the discart show up on the skin for movies please?
You can't in this skin

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - TrailFoX - 2017-02-18

is there a change with the Next Up Service Notification?
since update from 17/2 i have bluescreens after every episode, it nerver happens bevor
maby the problem comes only by 4k resolution?

where can i find the the old versions from this mod?

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - ss4johnny - 2017-02-19

I am trying to set it up so that if I can share the Estuary mod settings across multiple computers on my network. In particular, the custom menu settings. I already have playlists and other things set up to share across the network, so I figured it would be easy to get it working I would prefer to have the settings shared the way other settings are shared, but I figure that in a pinch I can simply copy the script.skinshortcuts folder to the other computers.

This is what I have done that doesn't seem to work.

1) Copy the following folders to a network location YYY/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/
plugin.library.node.editor, script.skin.helper.service, script.skinshortcuts, skin.estuary.mod

2) Add to the networked advancedsettings.xml, where XXX is each of the folders above.

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/addon_data/XXX</from>
<to>YYY/Kodi/userdata/addon_data/XXX</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I need to do some symbolic linking. I forgot that I had disabled it.

EDIT2: Nevermind, that didn't seem to help.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - boredandlazy - 2017-02-19

Also something I noticed today, is that when I bring up the info panel when viewing a movie/TV episode it defaults to the plot tab, and displays the plot even if I've set for Kodi to hide the plot. I think it would make more sense to display the metadata tab by default as usually the main reason I bring up the info tab is to see the time progress of the current file.

Some comments after further use, specifically with respect to the Settings/Skin Settings, some are clearly bugs, others are just suggestions

1) The ability to right click on Select widgets and rename them or adjust them without going through it all again.

2) The ability to move widgets up and down. It's real annoying to have to constantly re-do everything just to move one up or down.

3) When you start with a default widget, if you make a meaningful change, then it should change to a Customizable widget. The reason is that if you do this and then do things like change an item to None, it doesn't actually result in None, it reverts to the default Widget. I got a lot of funky stuff having two TV widgets on the main screen. In general, it might be useful to have a warning if there are two widgets on the main screen with the same name. Real funky otherwise.

4) If you change from a TV show widget to a Custom widget, it wipes out everything. Really changing any widget wipes out everything. Might make sense to ask if you want it to clear out. I might want to change a poster custom widget to a banner custom widget and not re-do everything.

5) Often on these settings, the bar to move up and down is on the left. Would be better on the right

6) The ability to create a custom template that I can include in some other menu. For instance, if I could create a TV hub that depends on some other custom menu option (that I could might disable).

7) The ability to create Widgets based on whatever playlist is referred to in Change action. Honestly, I don't know if this is possible without modifications to Kodi, but it would be helpful. Sort of like creating a smart playlist that takes another playlist as a variable. So it is a template for creating other smart playlists. This way you can use it to create smart playlists needed for the widgets on the fly off of a template.

8) If the top level widget is missing (for instance, say I make it in progress something and there's nothing in progress), then I can't use the arrow keys to move over to the other widgets.

9) I found the above super confusing and I'm just using this to sort of combine together #3 and #7 as one point that I want to emphasize. I created two custom menu items based on smart lists of TV shows (one based on US Cartoons and one based on Anime). The settings between them are very similar, but the widgets point to different playlists (I have to make a playlist for each of them, instead of having a template that works on both, as I suggest in #6 and #7). They both use a Customizable widget (banner) that I re-named for each. However, one of them doesn't have any in progress shows. For whatever reason, the result is that both of them are missing in progress shows, simply because they are both Customizable widgets (banner). I tried changing it to Customizable widget (poster) and it seemed to work, but I have to re-do all the settings, which is very frustrating (due to #4).

EDIT:
One more nice to have thing:
10) In the TV show customize submenus with like years and genres. I don't see any way to create something like that based on a smart playlist. They just refer to videodb://movies/genres or something. I suppose ideally this fits in with my point in #7 about being able to create playlists or whatever based on other playlists.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - Blurayx - 2017-02-19

@ ss4johnny,

Regarding comment number 8, I'm glad you highlighted the widget bug, I've been having this issue for a few months. look at Post: #3707

Hopefully Guilouz can replicate it on he's setup and fix it Smile

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - Gracus - 2017-02-19

(2017-02-18, 02:04)Guilouz Wrote: 2) I do not plan to add support for animated fanarts because they are of poor quality.

For the same reason, you could remove animated poster support

Each time I used it, it was almost only pixelated junk

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - HeresJohnny - 2017-02-19

Animated posters are great and hires.

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - SirRickie - 2017-02-19

I'm running Estuary Mod on Kodi 17. I can't manage it to get the media flag displayed (the one with the resolution, video codec ...), neither on the home screen, neither on the movie info. The option is enabled in settings on the home screen and on the library options. I'm using the preconfigured movies widget. All necessary addons are installed and updated. Tried about everything, drives me crazy. What do I miss ? Can someone expain why it is not displayed and what should I do to get it work. I find it such an usefull option. Tnx.

watch gallery

watch gallery

RE: Estuary MOD (UPDATED 17/02/17) - Blurayx - 2017-02-19

Hi Guilouz,

I like that I can customise Estuary MOD to give it the minimalist look.

would it be possible to add an option to have just the thin black border, so that all the image inside the box is visible.

Thanks

Would like to de-clutter the skin - RBraverman - 2017-02-19

As a new user, and having tried to go through the 200+ pages of posts on this, I guess I'd better just post the question.

All I want basically, is to slim it down (I'm sure I want more - honey I want more), but for now that would be grand.

For instance, when Movies is highlighted, I see nothing on the top, but when I select it, it goes straight to poster view in alphabetical order. I do not need all the options with in each section/widget - maybe just Music - is there a way to do this?

If there is a post/discussion about this just point me in the right direction.

(2017-02-19, 12:35)Blurayx Wrote: @ ss4johnny,

Regarding comment number 8, I'm glad you highlighted the widget bug, I've been having this issue for a few months. look at Post: #3707

Hopefully Guilouz can replicate it on he's setup and fix it Smile

I only noticed it when I changed the setting so that when you go right from the main menu it goes to the widgets and not the custom sub menus.

(2017-02-19, 16:46)RBraverman Wrote: As a new user, and having tried to go through the 200+ pages of posts on this, I guess I'd better just post the question.

All I want basically, is to slim it down (I'm sure I want more - honey I want more), but for now that would be grand.

For instance, when Movies is highlighted, I see nothing on the top, but when I select it, it goes straight to poster view in alphabetical order. I do not need all the options with in each section/widget - maybe just Music - is there a way to do this?

If there is a post/discussion about this just point me in the right direction.

Go to skin settings/Home menu/Customize main menu, then go to movies. You'll probably want to disable widgets and adjust the custom sub menus. But it's all do-able in there.