Kodi Community Forum
TItan freezing - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: TItan freezing (/showthread.php?tid=268808)

Pages: 1 2

TItan freezing - Cokeaholik - 2016-04-11

I had this problem with the last version of kodi i thought the new jarvis version would fix it but it has not. Whenever i watch a movie or a show if i move the mouse kodi will freeze. The movie continues to play sound but the video freezes. How can i fix this?

RE: TItan freezing - Cokeaholik - 2016-04-11

i un-installed all addons that were newly added and still same problem.

RE: TItan freezing - loggio - 2016-04-11

I experience random freezing using Titan also, i have to ssh to my pi and restart kodi... Not too sure what the issue is
A crash log might help if you can get one.

Log File

Old Log File

Here these are my log files.

Crash log wont upload.

RE: TItan freezing - User 224999 - 2016-04-11

Some systems do not like the auto show/hide features for the OSD.
Try to disable it:

Skin Settings --> Playback & OSD --> Auto close OSD --> Set to 0

RE: TItan freezing - Crular - 2016-04-12

Wanted to chime in, as I experience regular freezes and quite often crashes (only when starting up Kodi, usually when the Emby Addon tries to log in the user).

Here is a freeze log:
Freeze Log

Freeze happened while moving the cursor over to the movie entry of the titan menu.

I noticed, that many freezes happen, when I select the live-tv menu entry and while I am in the EPG. Additionally I noticed, that sometimes Kodi resumes responding when I log in via a vnc session. Strange, right?

Funny enough, after the crash above I started Kodi again and got the mentioned crash:
Crash Log

And the same crash while starting Kodi with Debug setting on:
Crash Log with debug

RE: TItan freezing - User 224999 - 2016-04-12

@Crular: would it be possible for you to temporary switch to the beta version of the skin to check if that solves the crashing issue. A lot of improvements have been made but there is not yet launched a new version to stable since.

The beta version can be installed from the beta emby repo.

(2016-04-12, 14:21)marcelveldt Wrote: @Crular: would it be possible for you to temporary switch to the beta version of the skin to check if that solves the crashing issue. A lot of improvements have been made but there is not yet launched a new version to stable since.

The beta version can be installed from the beta emby repo.

Sorry for not mentioning it before, I am using the beta version 3.6.50 of the skin. Had the same problems with the last versions before that.

Just wanted to add, that I am not sure, the skin is the problem. But as others experience the same problems, I thought I post the logs here.

Caught another crash, while idling in the EPG view.
Crash while in EPG

RE: TItan freezing - User 224999 - 2016-04-12

Thanks for the log, that actually contains some usefull info. Looks like we're hitting a Kodi bug here. I will try to workaround it and report the issue to the Kodi devs.

To be continued...

RE: TItan freezing - Cokeaholik - 2016-04-13

(2016-04-11, 08:38)marcelveldt Wrote: Some systems do not like the auto show/hide features for the OSD.
Try to disable it:

Skin Settings --> Playback & OSD --> Auto close OSD --> Set to 0

Finally!!! Thank you this worked it stopped crashing hope this stays. Was this a new feature in Kodi? it never happened before ive been using Kodi since XBMC in my original XBOX system then in PC. Thank You i really appreciate it.

RE: TItan freezing - i0zjh02 - 2016-04-16

I have same issue, normally if I pause playback it freezes most of time when i try and restart the playback (OK in default skin) sound carries on but frozen picture and cant do anything except crash Kodi and restart. I'll try the "autoclose = 0" fix mentioned and see if that also sorts it for me.
Had this in the general and beta versions of Titan skin (currently running latest Beta) but put up with it so far as this is my favourite skin :-)

RE: TItan freezing - User 224999 - 2016-04-17

I can't reproduce this freeze issue when the OSD is opened.
Can someone tell me what system you're using ?

And is someone willing to give me temporary remote access (by teamviewer, vnc or whatsoever) to look at the issue to find a fix ?

RE: TItan freezing - i0zjh02 - 2016-04-19

(2016-04-16, 16:18)i0zjh02 Wrote: I have same issue, normally if I pause playback it freezes most of time when i try and restart the playback (OK in default skin) sound carries on but frozen picture and cant do anything except crash Kodi and restart. I'll try the "autoclose = 0" fix mentioned and see if that also sorts it for me.
Had this in the general and beta versions of Titan skin (currently running latest Beta) but put up with it so far as this is my favourite skin :-)

Have been running now since I changed Autoclose to 0 and haven't had a crash since so work around seems to do the job :-)