Kodi Community Forum
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) (/showthread.php?tid=269814)

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - smp1 - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-27, 07:05)Milhouse Wrote: Are you using the latest tvheadend42?
What's the difference between the 8.0.103 from the addons repository and those? I used the one from repository...

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-31, 04:54)smp1 Wrote:
(2016-07-27, 07:05)Milhouse Wrote: Are you using the latest tvheadend42?
What's the difference between the 8.0.103 from the addons repository and those? I used the one from repository...

This. The version from the addons repository is still based on ffmpeg-3.0.2.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - popcornmix - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-30, 19:05)cojms1 Wrote: Not sure if this helps. Moved onto #0728 (tried #0729 but saw remote CEC issues as others have described) and the problem persists. I have noticed though that if video is sent to the background (by bringing up the TV Guide over the top) then it is fine whilst there. It does go back to exhibiting the issue when it comes back into the foreground though.

I think when running in the background deinterlace defaults to half rate.
Does manually changing the deinterlace method and report if some of the options work better?

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - MikeKL - 2016-07-31

Using latest nightly on my rpi2 whilst on holiday and noticed that whilst I can specifically calibrate the video playback screen to be absolutely aligned to different connected tv (align screen edges). Similar (main?) Option seems to have completely disappeared in Estuary and confluence skins when checking in system settings (calibration option has no settings) So unable to align GUI correctly and its running over/off edges of screen.

LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - meccs - 2016-07-31

CodecInfo button brings up ProcessDebug now according to the change log but the remote tag is still <codecinfo>. What would be the right tag for the codecinfo now?

Edit: or is this the new codecinfo with the picture and all? If so there is a lot of info missing now like skipped frames etc.

(2016-07-31, 14:48)MikeKL Wrote: Using latest nightly on my rpi2 whilst on holiday and noticed that whilst I can specifically calibrate the video playback screen to be absolutely aligned to different connected tv (align screen edges). Similar (main?) Option seems to have completely disappeared in Estuary and confluence skins when checking in system settings (calibration option has no settings) So unable to align GUI correctly and its running over/off edges of screen.

Not really understanding this.
There is a "Video calibration..." setting in system/display settings (make sure settings level is on expert).
There is also a "Video calibration..." option from video OSD when playing a video.

What exactly is missing for you?

(technically you should never use video calibration, and make the adjustment on the TV's menu - it may be called "just scan", "screen fit", "HD size", "full pixel", "unscaled", "dot by dot", "native" or "1:1" - but the calibration option in kodi should work too)

@popcornmix apologies for not explaining great with once again possibly a slight user error in sense that I had advanced but not expert set which meant could not see main system video calibration settings?!
(How long only visible in expert mode?)

I Don't need expert to be set for video OSD and I was adjusting this setting when could not find standard option hidden away in expert mode.

So with expert I have now adjusted Kodi GUI so that its into corners of display correctly
(does not automatically do this)

So if I understand you correctly, most of latest flatscreen TVs with hdmi should automatically select correct setting and always position Kodi GUI correctly? (This is typically not happening for me, will check the tv settings for the hdmi connection)

Thanks for your help "settings level mode is always catching me out Blush"

(2016-07-31, 15:37)MikeKL Wrote: So if I understand you correctly, most of latest flatscreen TVs with hdmi should automatically select correct setting and always position Kodi GUI correctly? (This is typically not happening for me, will check the tv settings for the hdmi connection)

Most TV's will default to overscanning for historical reasons.
(They tend to for TV/CEA modes, but not for monitor/DMT modes). If you have a HDMI input labelled PC it probably won't overscan.

But you can almost always disable this in the TV menu.

You want to do this, as TV's are often natively 1080p (i.e. that is the number of pixels), and content you play from kodi is often 1080p.
If overscan is disabled you can display this content perfectly. If you overscan on the TV, and then calibrate kodi to compensate your picture
gets resized twice (once by Kodi and once by TV) so looks less sharp.

Ok, for this particular tv I have now modified "picture format" to unscaled, but seems I still needed to use kodi expert setting option to move new (Estuary Skin) large blue arrows to edge of screen.

First I tried to Reset to defaults (which did not seem to adjust anything) before checking and adjusting overscan top-left & bottom-right to ensure that overscan compensation was set at (0,0) and arrows could be clearly seen with their outer edges touching edge of tv screen.

Thanks very much for advise will double check each TVs setting for picture mode more carefully in future when connecting rpi to it for first time! Cool

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-31, 15:01)meccs Wrote: CodecInfo button brings up ProcessDebug now according to the change log but the remote tag is still <codecinfo>. What would be the right tag for the codecinfo now?

Edit: or is this the new codecinfo with the picture and all? If so there is a lot of info missing now like skipped frames etc.

Sorry, there was a mistake in the changelog - "CodecInfo" is renamed to "PlayerDebug" (not "ProcessDebug" - posts have been corrected). I don't know about your "<codecinfo>" tag (ie. button or key) as it's the name of the action that is changing (and <codecinfo> isn't a valid button/key as far as I know).

The new dialog with picture etc. is accessed with the "PlayerProcessInfo" action.

If you had a button/key mapped to CodecInfo, now map this to PlayerDebug and you should get the same functionality.

Map a button to "PlayerProcessInfo" and you should see the new process info dialog (by default it's mapped to <title> for remotes, and <o> for keyboard).

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - meccs - 2016-07-31

(2016-07-31, 19:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-07-31, 15:01)meccs Wrote: CodecInfo button brings up ProcessDebug now according to the change log but the remote tag is still <codecinfo>. What would be the right tag for the codecinfo now?

Sorry, there was a mistake in the changelog - "CodecInfo" is renamed to "PlayerDebug" (not "ProcessDebug" - posts have been corrected). I don't know about your "<codecinfo>" tag (ie. button or key) as it's the name of the action that is changing (and <codecinfo> isn't a valid button/key as far as I know).

The new dialog with picture etc. is accessed with the "PlayerProcessInfo" action.

If you had a button/key mapped to CodecInfo, now map this to PlayerDebug and you should get the same functionality.

Map a button to "PlayerProcessInfo" and you should see the new process info dialog (by default it's mapped to <title> for remotes, and <o> for keyboard).

So what exactly is the point of the PlayerProcessInfo? Isn't it basically a CodecInfo with less information while showing a title picture/thumbnail of what is currently playing? It looks good though but not enough info. Couldn't it be the same info as in the CodecInfo since the font is smaller and all?

<key id="....">PlayerDebug</key> worked for getting the old CodecInfo OSD back.

(2016-07-31, 21:17)meccs Wrote: So what exactly is the point of the PlayerProcessInfo? Isn't it basically a CodecInfo with less information while showing a title picture/thumbnail of what is currently playing? It looks good though but not enough info. Couldn't it be the same info as in the CodecInfo since the font is smaller and all?

Be aware that the current PlayerDebug is mostly unofficial info that I find useful in these test builds - most of the information is not in upstream kodi code.
So there isn't any overlap of info in upstream kodi - but if you want to see codec info and skips/drops then you need to use both PlayerDebug and PlayerProcessInfo.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - smp1 - 2016-08-01

I noticed that Kodi crash frequently when the DVB dongle gets a weak signal from a satellite dish due to bad weather. Tonight there was a big thunderstorm and Kodi crashed again.

Crashlog - http://sprunge.us/fRJj

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-08-01

(2016-08-01, 00:07)smp1 Wrote: I noticed that Kodi crash frequently when the DVB dongle gets a weak signal from a satellite dish due to bad weather. Tonight there was a big thunderstorm and Kodi crashed again.

Crashlog - http://sprunge.us/fRJj

Possibly related: PR10204 ?

I'll include it in tomorrow's build, it's not in tonight's #0731.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-08-01

New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0731: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.0 #1 Sun Jul 31 21:54:49 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2016 12:46:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e12916091ba9d68ef2780e4e142ade56aa301754 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160731215307-#0731-ge36a73e [Build #0731]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002391.696: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (e36a73e7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d0d1790e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Kodi 17 Beta 1
  2. Reorganise Library Settings (now called Media Settings)
  3. Fix removal of cached files in archive_cache (PR10206)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: Update to 4.7 (WIP) (PR:481, 9 commits, 46 files changed)
    • Generic: Add support for SIL680 PCI/ATA controller (PR:583, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: Fix update.sh script for imx6 (PR:586, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • docker: support for imx6 project (PR:587, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • webgrabplus: update to 56.28pre-20160729 (PR:584, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • docker: include docker-proxy (PR:589, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Timers: Fix changing timer type after creation. (PR:10198, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [addons] fix event handling (PR:10156, 4 commits, 28 files changed)
    • [osx] fix media key control for next and previous track (PR:10182, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • remove win32 win10sdk dependency (PR:10197, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake/win32] Mirror system/python/* into the build-tree (PR:10193, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [SETTINGS] Add Source settings to call source selection windows... (PR:10199, 5 commits, 12 files changed)
    • rework to ACTION_PLAYER_PROCESS_INFO (PR:10192, 5 commits, 12 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop deinterlace mode (PR:10149, 1 commit, 39 files changed)
    • bump to 17 beta 1 (PR:10183, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10206: [xbmc/fix/filesystem] Add a recursive version of CDirectory::Remove (kodi)
    • Updated: [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)