Kodi Community Forum
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) (/showthread.php?tid=269815)

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - nanohits - 2016-12-10

(2016-12-10, 13:26)Milhouse Wrote: /storage is the mount point for the Storage partition. All of the folders you listed are in the Storage partition, and can be accessed via the /storage mount point, ie. /storage/backup etc.

Thanks but where would the addon folder be then? As I cant find this. I also cant find the .kodi. In other words cant find the /.kodi/addons folder

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - DarrenHill - 2016-12-10

Make sure you have viewing hidden files and folders enabled. The dot means the . kodi folder is a hidden one.

(2016-12-10, 13:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Make sure you have viewing hidden files and folders enabled. The dot means the . kodi folder is a hidden one.

Yeah as mentioned in my post its been done already.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - DarrenHill - 2016-12-10

Ah yes, sorry missed that (it's on the previous page).

On my Pi I've added the root folder to the SMB.conf file and access the root folder (and then storage and .kodi folders) via that.

(2016-12-10, 13:48)DarrenHill Wrote: Ah yes, sorry missed that (it's on the previous page).

On my Pi I've added the root folder to the SMB.conf file and access the root folder (and then storage and .I folders) via that.

Yeah this is a bit of a strange one. Earlier I had 7.02 version installed and all the dot folder like Kodi was there no issues. But since I installed the 7.9, I just cant seem to locate the .kodi or the addon folder. No idea why.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - M4tt0 - 2016-12-10

Settings -> Appearance -> File lists: Activate "Show hidden files and directories"?

Edit: Sorry, mentioned already and apparently not the issue...

(2016-12-10, 14:08)M4tt0 Wrote: Settings -> Appearance -> File lists: Activate "Show hidden files and directories"?

lol, you didnt read my comments did you? I have show hidden files Wink
And Im using a Mac by the way.

Yeah, sorry for the noise. Edited my post above.

If you are on a Mac, the wiki page might help: http://kodi.wiki/view/Mac_FAQ.
This here is a LibreELEC thread though. Or are you running LibreELEC on a Mac? Sorry, confused...

(2016-12-10, 14:28)M4tt0 Wrote: Yeah, sorry for the noise. Edited my post above.

If you are on a Mac, the wiki page might help: http://kodi.wiki/view/Mac_FAQ.
This here is a LibreELEC thread though. Or are you running LibreELEC on a Mac? Sorry, confused...

No I am running LibreELEC on an HTPC but I use my Mac to mount the folders as my HTPC is in the home theater and I use my mac to copy files, put the update int he update folder etc.
The bizzare thing was when I had 7.02 version I could see the .KODI and the addons directory. But when I did a fresh install with 7.9, I have come up empty on this.

Ah ok. Now I get it. But I think that is pretty "normal". At least I'm not able to access the full .kodi folder via SMB from my Windows laptop per default either. Only some of the .kodi subdirectories appear as network drives on that laptop. I usally ssh into my HTPC to access "system" files, including addon folders. Have you already tried to ssh into your HTPC to see whether the files are where they should be?

And can you elaborate on what those version numbers "7.02" and "7.9" relate to, as I don't think these are version numbers of the Milhouse builds in here. You have installed a build from this thread, right?

(2016-12-10, 14:49)M4tt0 Wrote: Ah ok. Now I get it. But I think that is pretty "normal". At least I'm not able to access the full .kodi folder via SMB from my Windows laptop per default either. Only some of the .kodi subdirectories appear as network drives on that laptop. I usally ssh into my HTPC to access "system" files, including addon folders. Have you already tried to ssh into your HTPC to see whether the files are where they should be?

And can you elaborate on what those version numbers "7.02" and "7.9" relate to, as I don't think these are version numbers of the Milhouse builds in here. You have installed a build from this thread, right?

7.02 and 7.9 refers to the LibreELEC version.

OK, you should be able to create a samba.conf from the sample file in the Configfiles directory, adding a block to export the .kodi folder via SMB as well, which I believe is what you are looking for. The "Show hidden files and directories" option within Kodi/LE discloses those files within the Kodi file manager and are NOT related to which files you see on your Mac (those are the SMB exports). Don't know about your old installation but think your new one behaves normally.

I hope the above will give you the hints to solve your issue / customize your system the way you want it. If not, I would propose you create a new discussion on the LE forum. Happy to continue helping you over there, but we are running off-topic here.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - NetworkDepp - 2016-12-10

I have the testbuild installed on an Intel NUC. So far everything has worked well without and problems.

But suddenly I am not able to play videos anymore. I haven't video I only hear the sound. If I try to switch to full screen, the sound stopps at exactly 9 seconds but still no Video. After 9 seconds I only see: "buffering 100%". I have to reboot.

It doesn't matter which Kind of vieeo: mp4, mkv, mts or youtube addon, all are stopping at 9 sec only Sound.

Music is working without and problems, pictures also working.

The debug log could be found at: http://sprunge.us/GYcG

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - Hetfiled - 2016-12-11

Hi

I did not have any problem in the past to update librelec, I put the tar file in the update folder,

but with last relaeses a message tell that there isn't enough free space (512mb at least is required),
but I have an ssd with 64gb with only kodi installed, with many gigabyte free

how can I solve it ?

thank you
and sorry for my bad english Smile

EDIT: i use openelec on beebox

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - Boulder - 2016-12-11

(2016-12-11, 10:38)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi

I did not have any problem in the past to update librelec, I put the tar file in the update folder,

but with last relaeses a message tell that there isn't enough free space (512mb at least is required),
but I have an ssd with 64gb with only kodi installed, with many gigabyte free

how can I solve it ?

thank you
and sorry for my bad english Smile

EDIT: i use openelec on beebox

The problem is that the FAT partition is too small and needs to be larger. The instructions to fix it are in the first post of this thread in the additional testing notes.