Kodi Community Forum
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) (/showthread.php?tid=269815)

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Roby77 - 2016-06-25

Nahhhh...too easy for me

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-06-26

New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0625: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.6.2 #1 SMP Sat Jun 25 22:37:36 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160625223336-#0625-g457702a [Build #0625]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (457702ad, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c25ded78, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. gcc: update to 5.4.0
  2. Drop "3dlut and simple ICC linking support for color correction" (PR9731) due to conflict with ADSP
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • pulseaudio: update to 9.0 (PR:485, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • scripts/image: cleanup leftover directories (PR:486, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • virtualbox: update to 5.0.22 (PR:488, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • build: start using .libreelec-unpack (PR:432, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • libreelec: use build project directory for ccache (PR:433, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • gcc: update to 5.4.0 (PR:489, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • RBP: Update with latest firmware and kernel patches (390f53e, 4.6.2) (PR:472, 4 commits, 7 files changed)
    • settings: bump to v0.8.2 (PR:490, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi-binary-addons: update to latest versions (080c895c)
    • kodi-binary-addons: inputstream.rtmp initial version (d8d47bed)
  2. XBMC:
    • AESinkPULSE: Support 384 khz with PA Server 9.0 (PR:10022, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:9976: VideoPlayer: expose stream player info to GUI

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Brian B - 2016-06-26

Where is the devupdate add-on that people have been talking about? How do I get auto-updating set up?

Thanks,
Brian

LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - lrusak - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-26, 06:17)Brian B Wrote: Where is the devupdate add-on that people have been talking about? How do I get auto-updating set up?

Thanks,
Brian

You can just use the the manual update mechanic built into the LibreELEC settings addon now. It won't auto update but it let's you select a version to install and does the rest automatically.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Brian B - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-26, 07:29)lrusak Wrote:
(2016-06-26, 06:17)Brian B Wrote: Where is the devupdate add-on that people have been talking about? How do I get auto-updating set up?

Thanks,
Brian

You can just use the the manual update mechanic built into the LibreELEC settings addon now. It won't auto update but it let's you select a version to install and does the rest automatically.

Ok, so for anyone else having trouble/questions about this:
1) Navigate to LibreELEC on the Home Screen
2) In the System tab move over to the right and navigate down to Updates
3) Set Automatic Updates to manual (not auto)
4) Select ON the button for Show Custom Channels
5) Select Custom Channel 1 and type in the address that corresponds to your hardware (find this in post #1 of this thread under autoupdate section)
6) Enter the URL and click DONE
7) At this point under Update Channel I selected Milhouse-8.0 (I assume this was necessary)
8) Select available versions and select.

System will download and reboot the selected version.

B.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Kung-Foo-Kamel - 2016-06-26

I'm not sure if this bug has been reported yet, the HDMI ALSA 5.1/7.1 audio channels are all mixed up, audio channels are perfect in the windows version of Kodi v16 and v17, it appears to be isolated to Libreelec.

My System:

Model: Beelink BT3 Mini PC

CPU: Cherry Trail x5 Z8300
Audio: HDMI output to Pioneer Receiver
Issue: Incorrect Channel Mapping in 5.1 and 7.1 audio

I have tried every possible configuration, nothing will fix it, also when enabling DSP, the context menu for enabling and configuring is missing during playback.

Apart from this bug, everything appears to be working great, Im quite happy with Libreelec's performance.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - fritsch - 2016-06-26

Quote:CPU: Cherry Trail x5 Z8300

Be happy, that you have sound at all. This cripled devices use a ~ 1000 lines custom patch we picked so that buyers of this cheap of the cheap windows only boxes have sound at all. You can help upstream by stopping kodi and finding out which channels are wrong, by using speaker-test -c6 and speaker-test -c8 with the relevant device.

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - piotrasd - 2016-06-26

Thats no bug, still passthrough dont work on Cherry Trail, we must wait on progress with developing this by Pierre. So now only you can get stereo over HDMI

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Wingfat - 2016-06-26

Thanks,
Brian

Found this for you by miigtou.. works for me.

Until Leopold can update his addon (if he is planning to?) I made a modified addon for devupdate because I didnt want to hack up my existing addons.

Note: Only one source is enabled/visible, and that is Milhouse LibreELEC dev builds

https://github.com/miigotu/script.libree...structions

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Raitsa - 2016-06-26

Working link:

https://github.com/miigotu/script.libreelec.devupdate

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Kung-Foo-Kamel - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-26, 11:12)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:CPU: Cherry Trail x5 Z8300

Be happy, that you have sound at all. This cripled devices use a ~ 1000 lines custom patch we picked so that buyers of this cheap of the cheap windows only boxes have sound at all. You can help upstream by stopping kodi and finding out which channels are wrong, by using speaker-test -c6 and speaker-test -c8 with the relevant device.

Thanks for the response, fritsch, I understand about having sound at all, I did some serious ready after I fist tried to get linux happening on these boxes, but as far as cheap goes, these are more expensive than the myriad of Arm based boxes floating about, I originally purchased these as I wanted very low power Windows + Kodi + Steam Streaming machines as my expensive HTPC's are huge power hogs and I have 5 different setups in my home, each using 100+ watt, I gave up on Windows as its way to slow and problematic on these crappy little intel rigs, and Steam Big Picture kills any chance of streaming games efficiently, now that I have moved over to Libreelec and ditched windows, I would be better off with quality ARM based device's but unfortunately I have already got 5 of these BT3's now, and I must say, I am really impressed with both Openelec and Libreelec, they are so fast to boot and operate over the Windows Kodi on these boxes.

I will be happy to run the speaker test commands for you, but I have no idea how to invoke a terminal on the box itself, I have also tried to SSH into it, but I get "connection refused" in my mac terminal, I have looked through the settings on the box and I can find anything to enable/disable SSH, any help would be greatly appreciated.

KFK

Edit: Okay, I figured out how to enable SSH, and I have completed the sound test for C6 only as this setup has 5.1 only, I have another setup with 7.1 and I will get results when I have the time as that system is not online at the moment.

Results:

Front Left = Front Left
Centre = Rear Left
Front Right = Front Right
Rear Left = Centre
Rear Right = LFE
LFE = Rear Right

fritsch, if there is anything else you think I should post, let me know and I will do what I can to help, cheers

KFK

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Milhouse - 2016-06-26

New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0626: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.6.2 #1 SMP Sun Jun 26 21:40:24 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160626213853-#0626-g457702a [Build #0626]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (457702ad, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b101751e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. FFmpeg 3.1 with minimal Kodi commits/patches
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [upnp] CUPnP::InvokeUpdateObject: fix case when MediaServer does not support UpdateObject() action (PR:10027, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • configure.ac: Fix typo in help text of non-free option (PR:10034, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. inputstream.mpd:
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg 3.1, minimal Kodi specific commits

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - EricSol - 2016-06-27

Kind of a weird one but when playing music and the visualization kicks in its on top of the background. Or in other words you can see the background thru the visualization. I first installed Pandoki around 515 up to current build with same results.

http://sprunge.us/aJLJ

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - Shaddow825 - 2016-06-27

I'm on the Fritsch 15.2 vaaapi builds and now with the alphas of v17 coming out, I'm thinking of upgrading one of my boxes to v17 to start preparing for Krypton. Is there are any advantage of going with the Milhouse builds vs the libreelec 7.90.00x builds as far as intel graphics and vaaapi go, or is that code fairly stable these days? It was my reason for skipping v16 on my chromeboxes and braswell boxes. Anything else to worry about these days?

RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17.0) - menno - 2016-06-27

When I connect a USB cd/dvd/Blu-ray player I cannot access it anywhere. The GUI doesnt add a DISC icon nor can I find the device through File Manager. Is this normal?