Kodi Community Forum
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26995)

- jazzen - 2008-02-15

Competes2win Wrote:@rand Al Thor: Ya I definitely think you should go with a different color glow around the focused item... that yellow is not characteristic of the rest of the skin at all.

yes..agree, does not look good.. great idea with som glass look instead Smile

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-02-15

@jezz x
Do you mean the aspect looks wrong focused or unfocused? I know the unfocused items are a little narrow because i wanted to evenly fit 7 across and 3 rows. The focused items should be pretty much the same aspect as movieposters. I'll post a new screenshot in a new thread.

- Nick8888 - 2008-02-16

Djh is there any chance of you making a full screen view for the now playing info since visualizations havent been developed in linux?

Love the skin.

Nick

- Rand Al Thor - 2008-02-16

Actually if you extract all of the milkdrop presets to Projectm you get basically milkdrop for linux. Hope that helps.

- Nick8888 - 2008-02-17

ok cool. Thanks for the tip Rand Al Thor. Playing music has been quiet boring lately with no visualizations.

- Livin - 2008-02-17

djh,
Looks like Rand is going to be ready to release some mods soon... it might be a good idea to sync up and release the mod and the next Alpha at the same time?

- salvi - 2008-02-18

hello everyone, i'm having a problem where visualizations won't play on the home screen even though i have checked full screen viz on the aeon -> homepage settings menu..

is there something i can do to fix it?

- salvi - 2008-02-19

[quote=jazzen]I have the newest tech, fresh install and i still have problems with the views in music/library view. Now i also have problems on the front page... when switching between music, movies, weather etc when playing music the viz i showing for about a second and dissapear again..

anyone else still have theese problems or is something really fucked up at my box?[/QUOTE

Sorry, can't seem to be able to edit previous posts.. am i seeing the same exact thing as above when full screen viz is off, with full screen viz ON, the home screen moves the menu mar to the bottom as usual and shows the album info but the viz area on the top remains black. I tried deleting user settings, then everything, then reuploading both xbmc and Aeon from scratch; but no suscess. As i can gather, 9a brings this issue, i have the last T3CH svn build and experience this. For now i have turned off visualizations completely.

Thanks for the great job so far and here's to alpha10 Smile

- Lucidmind - 2008-02-20

Hi!

I'm wondering about how I set different paths for tv shows and movies? Can't seem to figure it out, and don't get any hits when I search for it here either.

I also have that problem with home screen visualizations.

- salvi - 2008-02-20

Lucidmind Wrote:Hi!

I'm wondering about how I set different paths for tv shows and movies? Can't seem to figure it out, and don't get any hits when I search for it here either.

I also have that problem with home screen visualizations.

I think what you're looking for is found under the settings (up arrow) then go into AEON and select HOME SHORTCUTS, in there, you can set "targets" for the various section. If you name a target the same a source you have added on that view they will open by default next time. Say in tv shows you have a folder named series, then change the target to "series", next time you go under tv shows if won't show the source list but go directly into the "series" folder and display it remembering the last view settings used.

Haven't figured out anything yet about the visualizations.. i think it's just a 9a issue and we'll have to wait until the next update.

- djh_ - 2008-02-20

First things first: copy this file into your PAL folder to fix the visualisation issues (right click to save).

Secondly, there are now over a hundred 1080p (1920x1080) backdrops ready to go while Aeon itself renders many of its textures natively at 1080p. That means you'll have correct definition (i.e. no upscaling) at whichever other resolution your TV supports, be it 720p or 1080i. More on all of this tomorrow.

- Lucidmind - 2008-02-20

salvi Wrote:I think what you're looking for is found under the settings (up arrow) then go into AEON and select HOME SHORTCUTS, in there, you can set "targets" for the various section. If you name a target the same a source you have added on that view they will open by default next time. Say in tv shows you have a folder named series, then change the target to "series", next time you go under tv shows if won't show the source list but go directly into the "series" folder and display it remembering the last view settings used.

Haven't figured out anything yet about the visualizations.. i think it's just a 9a issue and we'll have to wait until the next update.

Thank you very much! Will try that tonight Smile

- salvi - 2008-02-20

djh_ Wrote:First things first: copy this file into your PAL folder to fix the visualisation issues (right click to save).

After copying itm followed by a restart, it works! many thanks Smile

playlist - Stingray - 2008-02-21

Is there any chance to put a background (other than the black one) behind the music playlist in the next version. Just another color is enough, so you see the labels of the music which are selected for the playlist Huh

- R111 - 2008-02-21

any development on the music videos side? maybe have some taglines showing.