Kodi Community Forum
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script? (/showthread.php?tid=27063)

- leejordan - 2008-03-18

Hi,

Thanks for this great script Smile

A quick question...how do I delete shows that I have downloaded? I have tried highlighting a show and pressing the white button, and every other button.

Thanks,

Lee

- johnsto - 2008-03-18

leejordan Wrote:A quick question...how do I delete shows that I have downloaded? I have tried highlighting a show and pressing the white button, and every other button.

Depends on which version you have. In the current version (200803161839 I think) whenever you click on a downloaded programme it prompts you with options like 'Watch' and 'Delete'.

Previous versions have a 'Delete All' button at the bottom of the Downloaded Programmes listing.

It's insightful you tried pressing the white button to delete... I'll see if I can remember to add that in the next version Smile

how about proxy server support? - sakalli - 2008-03-18

would that be difficult?

(and i volunteer to pay the license fee if they allow me)

- johnsto - 2008-03-19

sakalli Wrote:would that be difficult?

Proxy support isn't tricky, but I'm afraid I have no plans to implement it as it allows for greater abuse of the BBC iPlayer service and that's not something anyone wants.

- sakalli - 2008-03-19

which way would you mean abuse? by accessing from abroad? by generating too much traffic?
(in my case this would be for my kids grandparents who are english and live in the nl and who i have installed an xbmc for [i dont have one myself], not that that makes such a difference i suppose)

- sakalli - 2008-03-19

otoh, if you allow me to answer it myself, i suppose you mean loosing the moral high ground of sorts. the current script is breaking no principles as it is only helping users who already can view the material, to view it through xbmc. and therefore not really an licensing issue for the beeb...

- plex - 2008-03-19

I am trying to access the video streams from hulu.com and they also use RTMP protocol. What's the status of incoporating RTMP into xbmc?

- leejordan - 2008-03-19

johnsto Wrote:Depends on which version you have. In the current version (200803161839 I think) whenever you click on a downloaded programme it prompts you with options like 'Watch' and 'Delete'.

Hi again,

Actually, now that I've tried it, I find that I don't have any of the options you mention. I can't watch or delete the one programme that I have downloaded.

I think I have the 200803161839 version as I only installed it a couple of days ago. XBMC is a few months old as I don't upgrade it very often.

Please let me know if you need any debug info (and how I can get it for you).

Thanks,

Lee

- johnsto - 2008-03-19

sakalli Wrote:which way would you mean abuse? by accessing from abroad? by generating too much traffic?
(in my case this would be for my kids grandparents who are english and live in the nl and who i have installed an xbmc for [i dont have one myself], not that that makes such a difference i suppose)

I'm not going to get into an argument about this. It's just a feature I personally will not be adding as I personally consider it a step too far.

If you need proxy support for your own purposes, the code is there for you to add features such as these yourself.

- johnsto - 2008-03-19

leejordan Wrote:I find that I don't have any of the options you mention. I can't watch or delete the one programme that I have downloaded.

I think I have the 200803161839 version as I only installed it a couple of days ago. XBMC is a few months old as I don't upgrade it very often.

Try selecting 'Channels'. If you get the channel list appear in its own dialog, you have the latest version. If the channel list appears in the right hand pane (where programmes are usually listed) you have an old version and you should update.

If you've definitely got the new version, a debug XBMC.log after running the script would be useful. You can get XBMC into debug mode by holding down X and Y when it starts (a mem/framerate counter will appear in the top left corner of the screen once XBMC has started to confirm it's in debug mode.)

If you could then put the log onto pastebin.com I'll see if I can work out what's going on!

- sakalli - 2008-03-20

johnsto Wrote:I'm not going to get into an argument about this. It's just a feature I personally will not be adding as I personally consider it a step too far.

didnt mean to sound like a potential troll, was just curious, and kind of realized myself what the problem might be. been looking at proxy code, perhaps i can manage. thanks for the script!

- leejordan - 2008-03-20

johnsto Wrote:If you've definitely got the new version, a debug XBMC.log after running the script would be useful. You can get XBMC into debug mode by holding down X and Y when it starts (a mem/framerate counter will appear in the top left corner of the screen once XBMC has started to confirm it's in debug mode.)

If you could then put the log onto pastebin.com I'll see if I can work out what's going on!

Hi,

OK I've done that.

You can find the trace here.

Thanks,

Lee

- TheBoxMan - 2008-03-21

I'm in the UK so I obviously can't test this - nor do I want to promote abuse of BBC license rules...however there are obviously BBC license payers on holiday who have a right to vue this stuff so.........:

XBMC already has a proxy function. As I say I can't test out whether it works but I can't see why it shouldn't. Find a UK based proxy server (google is your friend) you'll need one functioning at a good speed (top tip the more anonymous the more popular and hence generally - the slower).

You can find proxy settings in Settings > System Settings > Network > Enable HTTP Proxy

TheBoxMan.

- johnsto - 2008-03-22

leejordan Wrote:You can find the trace here.

Ok, not entirely sure what's causing that... looks like the metadata for the requested programme is incomplete but that's rather bizarre!

I'll pop a new version up later today that should deal with this issue. Thanks for reporting it!

- johnsto - 2008-03-22

Lee, could you please try the latest version:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/source/browse/trunk/xbmc-iplayer.zip