Kodi Community Forum
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script? (/showthread.php?tid=27063)

- tomolac - 2009-05-17

ah ok, thx

- BeardedChimp - 2009-05-18

The latest version off of http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/ is now 20374, any idea if the memory leak is still present in it?

On a separate issue, my xbox doesn't seem to update the iplayer feeds correctly, and only shows older episodes. If I use the search facility the rest pop up and I can play them. I tried looking and deleting anywhere I thought it was caching but had no luck. It also results in some streams that are old and I think removed therefore not playing.

- dink - 2009-05-18

BeardedChimp Wrote:The latest version off of http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/ is now 20374, any idea if the memory leak is still present in it?

On a separate issue, my xbox doesn't seem to update the iplayer feeds correctly, and only shows older episodes. If I use the search facility the rest pop up and I can play them. I tried looking and deleting anywhere I thought it was caching but had no luck. It also results in some streams that are old and I think removed therefore not playing.

I don't believe it's in there yet. I will post on this forum when it's working.

On the seperate issue what version of XBMC and what version of the plugin are you using?

Cheers
Dink

This has happened across several versions of the plugin, though the very latest one isn't installed. I have the same plugin running on ubuntu while not encountering the problem. I'll install latest version and report if it is still there.

build 20374 - sunnytofino - 2009-05-18

I gave this ago last night and tried out The Apprentice, and Jonathan Ross,

Wow its amazing just how much better the H264 looks over the Flash codec.

It ran perfectly smoothly without any dropped frames for about 4 minutes in each case before the picture froze Hanging the xbox. (needed an on/off reboot) -- triggers wouldnt work)

the whole time CPU usage seemed around 55%, proving the codec load is not too much for the 'ole box.

I tried the 1500kbit stream, this did play, but with judder. ( i was hoping it might just work considering the apple content streams variably around the 1000 mark ) but no joy.

However this H264 700k rate is a marked improvement which offers a nice viewing experience without you eyes being drawn to 'blocking'.

As always, RESPECT to everyone involved - it must be close now !

- lewis.donofrio - 2009-05-18

anyone in the states got a proxy ip that works with this plugin?

Yep still happens on newest plugin, its really odd. It will show only ashes to ashes episode one, similarly only up to episode 5 of the apprentice, but If I use the search all the ashes to ashes episodes pop right out. This coincides with what was available when I first installed it, hence it's caching it somewhere but I can't find it.

Regarding the 1500Kb/s being too much for the xbox, will this always be the case or is there a possibility of optimisation that would increase the h264 performance just enough?

- dink - 2009-05-18

I would really need to see an xbmc.log to be able to progress much further figuring out what is going on with the odd caching.

On the 1500kb bitrate being too much for the xbox, that will probably not change over time. It would be great to be proved wrong though so if anyone fancies a challenge :-)

BeardedChimp Wrote:Yep still happens on newest plugin, its really odd. It will show only ashes to ashes episode one, similarly only up to episode 5 of the apprentice, but If I use the search all the ashes to ashes episodes pop right out. This coincides with what was available when I first installed it, hence it's caching it somewhere but I can't find it.

Regarding the 1500Kb/s being too much for the xbox, will this always be the case or is there a possibility of optimisation that would increase the h264 performance just enough?

Bit Rates / XBMC efficiency - sunnytofino - 2009-05-18

moving away from the xbox slightly...

I have just installed the latest XBMC 20395 with iplayer script 2009-05-14 on my old Compaq NC6120 with a Pentium M processor (1.86GHZ).(2gig RAM)

watching BBC iplayer through Firefox or IE failed miserably above 1500kbps.

However, i can actually run the 3000kbps HD using XBMC - which is great.

shows just how efficient XBMC codec and streaming script Versus the Firefox flash plugin, and has made my old laptop very useful for HD streams now!

dink Wrote:I would really need to see an xbmc.log to be able to progress much further figuring out what is going on with the odd caching.

On the 1500kb bitrate being too much for the xbox, that will probably not change over time. It would be great to be proved wrong though so if anyone fancies a challenge :-)

About to go play tennis, but the xmbc log I posted about a separate problem a few pages back also had this problem, I'll create another log in a bit.

- dink - 2009-05-18

sunnytofino Wrote:moving away from the xbox slightly...

I have just installed the latest XBMC 20395 with iplayer script 2009-05-14 on my old Compaq NC6120 with a Pentium M processor (1.86GHZ).(2gig RAM)

watching BBC iplayer through Firefox or IE failed miserably above 1500kbps.

However, i can actually run the 3000kbps HD using XBMC - which is great.

shows just how efficient XBMC codec and streaming script Versus the Firefox flash plugin, and has made my old laptop very useful for HD streams now!

I have a similar rig - Sempron 1.8GHZ and in the last few days the inclusion of smoothvideo really seems to help by keeping audio & video in sync when playing the HD streams. Previous audio would usually start out of sync on HD streams for me and stay that way.

- dink - 2009-05-18

pt-1 Wrote:Could an Admin possibly change the Title of this Post and the 1st Post in order to reflect the current Status so it may prevent other Users to post over and over the same Questions?

THX

PT-1

Actually I think a subforum would be a better option http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51290

- BeardedChimp - 2009-05-19

Ahh I've solved the problem, was a botched T3ch upgrade, I've stuck the latest nightly build on now. The 800kbit stream looks ace, in fact switching from 800 to 1500Kb/s has little effect other than to make it stutter, crts are very forgiving. Quite fun to watch the 'free ram' trickle away.

Sorry for reporting a non-existent bug.

- sunnytofino - 2009-05-19

BeardedChimp Wrote:Ahh I've solved the problem, was a botched T3ch upgrade, I've stuck the latest nightly build on now. The 800kbit stream looks ace, in fact switching from 800 to 1500Kb/s has little effect other than to make it stutter, crts are very forgiving. Quite fun to watch the 'free ram' trickle away.

Sorry for reporting a non-existent bug.

I must admit i couldnt see much visually between 800 and 1500k on my 32in CRT but i think tubes a are a little more forgiving with the anologue nature of their blurring/blending.

DINK, what settings are you using on the smoothvideo, im still getting some stutter on my 1.58ghz sempron home desktop pc.

- dink - 2009-05-19

sunnytofino Wrote:I must admit i couldnt see much visually between 800 and 1500k on my 32in CRT but i think tubes a are a little more forgiving with the anologue nature of their blurring/blending.

DINK, what settings are you using on the smoothvideo, im still getting some stutter on my 1.58ghz sempron home desktop pc.

Just default. I installed a r20361 build and it all started to work smoothly. My media PC has an AMD Sempron 1.8GHZ, a Nvidia 9500gt, 1.5G of ram and a wired connection to my broadband router (which connects at around 4500Kb)