Kodi Community Forum
Studio Logo Problems - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Studio Logo Problems (/showthread.php?tid=272977)

Pages: 1 2

Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-08

I am having some issues with TV studio logos not showing up properly. I am using the latest stable titan version and the white studio logos pack.

The following TV studio logos don't show up even though the files are in the pack:
ABC1, Crackle, Yahoo! Screen (possibly due to the exclamation mark), YouTube. SundanceTV also doesn't show up as there is a space in the name of the logo file.

The following TV studios show up with the wrong logo:
ABC (AU), TV3 (NZ), Showcase (AU).

I also have several studio logos that are missing from the pack and several that need updating to new logos and I am happy to make them, I just need to know how to submit them.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-09

The white studio logos pack is maintained by the Kodi team. You can do a PR on GitHub to append any missing logos:

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource.images.studios.white

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-09

(2016-05-09, 14:30)marcelveldt Wrote: The white studio logos pack is maintained by the Kodi team. You can do a PR on GitHub to append any missing logos:

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource.images.studios.white

thanks.

any idea why some logos aren't showing up or are wrong? might have to do with the skin as some of them show up in other skins.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-09

Which one of them doesn't show up in Titan and does show up in another skin (which also uses the studio icon pack) ?
I can than do a quick compare why it isn't working

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-10

In Titan ABC (AU) shows up as the ABC (US) logo, also ABC1, Crackle and YouTube logos don't show at all. MTV (UK) shows up fine as does NTV (JP), National Geographic (US). MTV (UK), SBS (AU), FX (US) and Comedy Central (US).

In Aeon Nox the ABC1 logo shows correctly as does Crackle and YouTube. However, ABC (AU), NTV (JP), National Geographic (US). MTV (UK), SBS (AU), FX (US) and Comedy Central (US) don't show.

TVDB has changed some of the network names which might explain why some logos are wrong or that others don't show up at all. For example they have added "(US)" to the end of numerous channels like National Geographic and Comedy Central as well as "(AU)" to the end of ABC and SBS There is also TV3 (NZ), MTV (UK) and NTV (JP). Perhaps the logos need to be renamed in the pack or skins need to be modified to use it??

RE: Studio Logo Problems - tface - 2016-05-11

Hello' I have had a similar problem as well, all of the logo,s appear for a second or two and then disappear when the control buttons appear in the same space at the very bottom of the screen in the current beta.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-14

(2016-05-11, 23:24)tface Wrote: Hello' I have had a similar problem as well, all of the logo,s appear for a second or two and then disappear when the control buttons appear in the same space at the very bottom of the screen in the current beta.

Sounds like you're having the touchmode enabled. Try to set a different location for the logo in the skin settings

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-15

(2016-05-10, 04:32)aussie_huddo Wrote: In Titan ABC (AU) shows up as the ABC (US) logo, also ABC1, Crackle and YouTube logos don't show at all. MTV (UK) shows up fine as does NTV (JP), National Geographic (US). MTV (UK), SBS (AU), FX (US) and Comedy Central (US).

In Aeon Nox the ABC1 logo shows correctly as does Crackle and YouTube. However, ABC (AU), NTV (JP), National Geographic (US). MTV (UK), SBS (AU), FX (US) and Comedy Central (US) don't show.

TVDB has changed some of the network names which might explain why some logos are wrong or that others don't show up at all. For example they have added "(US)" to the end of numerous channels like National Geographic and Comedy Central as well as "(AU)" to the end of ABC and SBS There is also TV3 (NZ), MTV (UK) and NTV (JP). Perhaps the logos need to be renamed in the pack or skins need to be modified to use it??

The most recent beta of the skin contains a fix for the missing studio logos which do show up in other skins utilizes the resource pack.

As for the logos missing in the resource addon your best shot would be to do a PR to the addon to contribute the missing logos. If you don't know how to do that but you can provide the logos, I can do the PR for you.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-18

I have updated to the most recent beta but they are still not showing up properly.

To do the PR should I create my own fork first and upload the files there? Its my first time using github so I just wanna learn so I can contribute going forward

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-18

(2016-05-18, 10:38)aussie_huddo Wrote: I have updated to the most recent beta but they are still not showing up properly.

To do the PR should I create my own fork first and upload the files there? Its my first time using github so I just wanna learn so I can contribute going forward

Hmm, in that case they probably do not exist in the logo resource pack.

Yes, fork the project on Git, make your changes and do a Pull Request to the Original location which will be reviewed by the Kodi devs.

Thanks!

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-19

(2016-05-18, 20:15)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 10:38)aussie_huddo Wrote: I have updated to the most recent beta but they are still not showing up properly.

Hmm, in that case they probably do not exist in the logo resource pack.

Yes, fork the project on Git, make your changes and do a Pull Request to the Original location which will be reviewed by the Kodi devs.

Thanks!

I think it might have something to do with the way the logo files are named. On TVDB where most info gets scraped they have added suffixes to a lot of channels such as (US) and (AU) which may be causing problems?? For others it may be that there is a space in the logo file name and not in the channel name.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-23

(2016-05-19, 10:36)aussie_huddo Wrote: I think it might have something to do with the way the logo files are named. On TVDB where most info gets scraped they have added suffixes to a lot of channels such as (US) and (AU) which may be causing problems?? For others it may be that there is a space in the logo file name and not in the channel name.

I have some logic in the skinhelper script to filter out the country suffixes etc. Logos that don't show up are probably missing from the resource pack or another naming issue.

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-05-24

(2016-05-23, 15:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I have some logic in the skinhelper script to filter out the country suffixes etc. Logos that don't show up are probably missing from the resource pack or another naming issue.

I just checked with the latest beta and it has fixed some of the issues. "Yahoo! Screen" throws up an issue as it has an exclamation point so maybe there needs to be some way to recognise this.

I have added my logos and done a pull request on github now so hopefully these issues will be resolved

RE: Studio Logo Problems - User 224999 - 2016-05-24

Is Yahoo Screen in the resource image addon that you know of ?
I can offcourse add some extra filtering to the script to also check for the image without any special characters

RE: Studio Logo Problems - aussie_huddo - 2016-09-13

I added the logos on github and created a pull request on May 24 but the studio icon pack has not been updated.

Can you take a look and tell me if I have done it correctly. https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource.images.studios.white/pulls

Cheers.