Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - acefr - 2017-06-22

(2017-06-16, 20:47)utomek Wrote: Dear all,

I hope I don´t make to many people angry but I swear I´ve read and googled a lot.

I have a Mi Box running Kodi 17.3 and a Samsung HW-K950 Atmos Soundbar.

I am able to get DD+ Atmos 7.1 sound (mkv test files) but the other formats like TrueHD (Atmos) are not running.
If I understood correctly, some people are able to passthrough the singnal. If I understood something wrong, please let me know.
In my eyes I have tested all different parameter combinations.

Again, maybe I am wrong and TrueHD passthrough is not working here, then I can stop reading all different posts and live with that.

Thank you for your support!

I installed Kodi 17.3 and in the audio pass thru setting, there were no TrueHD and DTS-MA. I then installed SPMC, and enabled audio pass thru on TrueHD and DTS-MA. Then I returned to Kodi, and found the TrueHD and DTS-MA were now available. I enabled them and I could bitstream ATMOS.

In SPMC, I could not get HDR to work, so I have to use Kodi for HDR playback.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-06-22

In SPMC or Kodi Audio Setting you have to select "Expert" bottom Left of screen for the HD Audio options to appear.

For all audio trouble shooting, Kodi Audio setting should first be Reset to default, then Expert, then only select the pass through options needed. DO NOT play with the Audio Channels number. Leave it at 2.0.

There are Android system setting that need selecting for HDR, namely Deep Color and the HDR option. You have to use SPMC/Kodi Media Codec(S) (video) Hardware acceleration as well.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - sasuke84 - 2017-06-22

wow. I hope it is availble thru onlineshop

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Xedos9er - 2017-06-22

(2017-06-16, 05:01)fab4272 Wrote: Speaking of new firmware, end of Q1 has passed (when it was meant to be released), and end of Q2 has also passed.

To me it seems like, this box is dead!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Kapsville - 2017-06-22

(2017-06-22, 06:35)Xedos9er Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 05:01)fab4272 Wrote: Speaking of new firmware, end of Q1 has passed (when it was meant to be released), and end of Q2 has also passed.

Hey, can u please tell me why? I just wanted to purchase this little box ...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - fab4272 - 2017-06-22

(2017-06-22, 06:35)Xedos9er Wrote:

Agreed. Thinking of turfing it when Kodi becomes available for XBOX one. Another Android box that seemed promising, but at the end of the day, they always seem to forget that there is another world that doesn't run in NTSC formats...

No need for it's half implemented features after that. To be fair, I've had a HTPC in some sort for the last 10 years and not one was perfect, but for Android boxes none seem to even come close to the perfect Live TV of Windows Media Centre.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noggin - 2017-06-22

(2017-06-22, 13:22)fab4272 Wrote: No need for it's half implemented features after that. To be fair, I've had a HTPC in some sort for the last 10 years and not one was perfect, but for Android boxes none seem to even come close to the perfect Live TV of Windows Media Centre.

Yes - you're much better off with LibreElec than Android - though you can install LE on many 'Android' boxes that are S905 or S905X based. The Live TV performance on these is pretty good with decent deinterlacing and refresh rate switching (I run my boxes at 50Hz so 50Hz Live TV doesn't trigger a display resync, only playing non-25/50 content does)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-06-22

Agree with Noggin 100% - if you want to get the best out of Kodi Krypton and use everything easily & reliably use LibreELEC.
Use Android for Android Apps - which Android TV excels at for the most popular ones.

Having said that there are some nice Dual Boot devices from WeTek now that run unofficial Android TV / LibreELEC that pretty much covers most uses.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - RockerC - 2017-06-22

If you want then you can apparently download and install one of the early Xiaomi's Beta releases of Android TV 7.0 (Nougat) yourself in a few easy steps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6fwx0i/help_with_mibox_4k_us/dio9bfv/

http://en.miui.com/thread-323779-1-1.html

Few people taking part in Xiaomi's beta tests are at least reporting that the latest Beta releases seems to be as stable official Android TV 6.0 (Marshmallow)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6hamry/nougat_update_for_mibox/

Not going to bother with Xiaomi's Beta releases myself. Even though the official Android TV 7.0 (Nougat) is not out yet, it can't be long now, can it?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - acefr - 2017-06-22

I am thinking to update to Nougat beta, but want to get some opinion from the users who have Nougat on their Mi Box:

1. Does the Deep Color (10 bit color) work in Nougat?
2. Do you get HDR10 from Kodi 17.3 or SMPC?
3. Does the lossless audio (Dolby TrueHD, ATMOS, DTS:X) pass through work in Kodi 17.3 or SMPC?

All of above is currently working (DTS:X pass through not tested) in the stock firmware), so I don't want to break it updating to Nougat, especially there is no going back to MM.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - sunwk - 2017-06-23

(2017-05-16, 05:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Kodi v18 Alpha & PVR's - deinterlacing

I've been testing a nightly Alpha version of Kodi v18 Leia - this has now fixed Kodi PVR's and deinterlacing:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

TIP: Use the X-Plore File manager to backup (copy - long press OK button) your existing Kodi v17 Krypton folder first, found at:

Internal Shared Storage > Android > org.xbmc.kodi

Kodi's- Sync Playback to Display should be turned off and a matching Android System resolution selected first if you want smooth TV video playback.

I still cannot get deinterlacing working with v18 Leia alpha version.
I've set MI BOX resolution to 1080p 60Hz and Kodi's Sync Playback to Display turned off.
LIVE TV stream is h264 1080i, tvheadend backend.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Effers - 2017-06-24

I am currently looking to change out all my RPI3s and looking to get the best box for my situation. After reading the main sticky, I agree there is no best box for anyone. I have tried the oDroid C2 with add-on fan running LibreELEC, sweet little machine may be a keeper. Decided to get the Xiaomi Mi Box because of price point and see if its any better. I love the stock Android in the Mi, navigation seems to be real smooth. However I have run in to an issue that I can't figure out....

On the Xiaomi Mi Box, I am trying to connect to my video library on my Synology NAS. I stop through the process of add videos using NFS source. I see the IP address of the NAS and drill down to the Movies and Television folders, but no further. On the Movies folders, I click but just get the normal sound, but not reachable. Reset a couple of times no luck. Tried on Kodi and SPMC, same thing. It still works on one of my RPI3s by deleting the source and rebuilding it. No issues there.... Still works with the oDroid C2. It has me scratching my head because I see the NAS but can't drill down far enough for the library. The only difference is my other units are hard wired ethernet and the Mi is wireless but can't imagine that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Side note to my previous post.... Being an Android box running Kodi, do I need to install any additional apps from the Google Play Store to make this work? I know I am reaching....

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - 808? - 2017-06-24

(2017-06-24, 13:40)Effers Wrote: my video library on my Synology NAS.

What format is the disks you are using?

The Xiaomi box only supports FAT32, NTFS and exFAT.

Well I will show my ignorance here. I pulled up the Synology and it shows filesystem ext4. Is that what you are looking for?