Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noggin - 2017-08-13

(2017-08-12, 13:06)808? Wrote:
(2017-08-11, 16:56)BaT420 Wrote: No I didn't see that picture or I wouldn't have ordered it. They hid that picture is the second last picture that you have to scroll way over to see I didn't scroll through all the pictures. That adapter is useless to someone in NA you need to get a converter to plug it in over here. The package contents list 1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country) as what you will get and I asked chat support about that before I bought it.

Not hard to fix:

Yep - either a US to EU plug adaptor will solve it, or if you are nervous about using one of those, I'm sure you could source a third party mains adaptor with the right specs relatively cheaply.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2017-08-14

(2017-08-12, 00:45)debrain Wrote: Hey all... I use a different account for YouTube sign in as opposed to my google account used for the mi box . Up until YouTube app was recently updated I could use this other account. Now I can't. Is this no longer possible or going to be fixed in a future update? Fyi tried to add additional account but no luck.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 (typie typie)

If you'd look at the description (What's New) for the app you would have seen that this has already been addressed:

Quote:Bug fixes for:
• App stuttering or freezing on some devices.
• Crash when using Thai or Persian languages.
• Intermittent crash when launching on some devices.
Note: This current app is not compatible with Brand Accounts for the moment, but we are working to add this support in a follow on release in the coming weeks. Thanks for your patience.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2017-08-14

Good afternoon from Europe!

I'm a new owner of a Mi Box International and, after having read all the thread (yes, all the 115 pages xD), I would like to make you a question:

I've installed the 7.0 Nougat beta in order to try some of the new HDMI CEC options, but still I can't make the Mi Box to turn on when I return to the TV and I want to use it.

Is there a way to bring the Mi Box back to life without using the Xiaomi remote? One option could be not turning off the device alongside with the TV, but don't know how to achieve that...

Thanks in advance! Smile

Edit: By the way, I'm finding quite a big perfomance improvement when using SPMC in the Mi Box compared to Kodi 17 Krypton installed in my beloved Raspberry Pi 3 with Libreelec. Good first impressions Smile

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mibox3 - 2017-08-14

anyone has 7.1.2 update?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - 808? - 2017-08-15

(2017-08-14, 12:56)tiku100 Wrote: Is there a way to bring the Mi Box back to life without using the Xiaomi remote?

You could plug in a mouse?

Quote:One option could be not turning off the device alongside with the TV, but don't know how to achieve that...

Just leave the box on always, it draws so little power. I haven't turned mine off in months!

Quote:I'm finding quite a big perfomance improvement when using SPMC in the Mi Box compared to Kodi 17 Krypton installed in my beloved Raspberry Pi 3 with Libreelec. Good first impressions Smile

Yup, SPMC is the only way to fly on the Mi Box.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Senseohasser - 2017-08-15

(2017-08-15, 04:03)808? Wrote: Yup, SPMC is the only way to fly on the Mi Box.

Is a SPMC version based on Kodi 17.x available yet? It sucks that the DBs are not compatible, I do not want to downgrade on my other devices...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Theetjuh - 2017-08-15

(2017-08-15, 11:27)Senseohasser Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 04:03)808? Wrote: Yup, SPMC is the only way to fly on the Mi Box.

Is a SPMC version based on Kodi 17.x available yet? It sucks that the DBs are not compatible, I do not want to downgrade on my other devices...
Not yet, SPMC17 is now at alpha 8 and koying wants to upgrade SPMC16 with version 17 database scheme soon.
So unless you are willing to try the alpha 8 ... you need to wait abit longer.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Senseohasser - 2017-08-15

(2017-08-15, 13:21)Theetjuh Wrote: Not yet, SPMC17 is now at alpha 8 and koying wants to upgrade SPMC16 with version 17 database scheme soon.
So unless you are willing to try the alpha 8 ... you need to wait abit longer.

Thanks for the hint, I will give it a shot Smile

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - fab4272 - 2017-08-15

(2017-08-14, 17:21)mibox3 Wrote: anyone has 7.1.2 update?

Is it out?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2017-08-15

Quote:
Quote:One option could be not turning off the device alongside with the TV, but don't know how to achieve that...

Just leave the box on always, it draws so little power. I haven't turned mine off in months!

The point here is I want to use only the TV remote and when i turn it off, the Mi Box also shuts down. The problem here is that I don't know how to bring it to life again without its own remote Sad

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dixita - 2017-08-16

Ohh.. Thanx for this insightful information. just going to try.

Regards
Dixita Patel

http://imywifiext.net/

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-08-16

If you were in Mi Box Nougat Beta Firmware there is this option....

Android Settings > HDMI-CEC > One key Power OFF.

Otherwise try pressing the small middle "o" button multiple times to wake up the Mi Box.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - joalin - 2017-08-16

What do you think about the new mi box 2 rumors?
http://www.cctnews.com/latest-google-backed-android-tv-player-unveiled-soon/6547/
http://cordcuttersnews.com/new-fire-tv-apple-tv-android-tv-devices-come/

Personally I'd love a beefed version of the MI box, with the abilities of the Nvidia shield TV, but with the hand controls of course. Maybe an air mouse remote on the back side.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2017-08-16

(2017-08-16, 06:02)wrxtasy Wrote: If you were in Mi Box Nougat Beta Firmware there is this option....

Android Settings > HDMI-CEC > One key Power OFF.

Otherwise try pressing the small middle "o" button multiple times to wake up the Mi Box.

Hello wrxtasy! Thanks for your reply! Smile

I have installed the Nougat Firmware and I've played with the new HDMI CEC Options, but I don't see any difference. I even don't know what the "One key Powe Off" option is used for.. Do you have any info about it?

About the small middle button, I assume you are talking about the Mi Box remote, but my problem is that I'd like to use the TV Remote for waking up the device and I don't find a way to Sad

Edit: Sorry for my english, I'm trying my best, but perhaps I'm confusing you more with each post I write :\

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - awp0 - 2017-08-16

(2017-08-16, 18:01)joalin Wrote: What do you think about the new mi box 2 rumors?
http://www.cctnews.com/latest-google-backed-android-tv-player-unveiled-soon/6547/
http://cordcuttersnews.com/new-fire-tv-apple-tv-android-tv-devices-come/

Personally I'd love a beefed version of the MI box, with the abilities of the Nvidia shield TV, but with the hand controls of course. Maybe an air mouse remote on the back side.

Pretty hard to interpret those. Lots of wording like "details are thin, but some sources say it may or may not be a Mi Box 2, or a Google branded box, or something else entirely!"

The Mi Box was a frustrating experiment for me. They seem completely deaf to the Kodi community and slow to update with anything useful (which is a reputation that Xaiomi has). I'll wait for other people to test the next box and maybe I'll jump in, depending on the limitations that are uncovered and with the expectation that they won't be fixed.