Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - The Brain - 2017-08-17

(2017-08-14, 12:56)tiku100 Wrote: One option could be not turning off the device alongside with the TV, but don't know how to achieve that...

I've got it with my Samsung TV.

What I did was to set HDMI-CEC Auto Turn Off option to "No" in the TV menu and, in the Mi Box settings, When to sleep option to "Never".

This way the Mi Box is always on and comes back from the daydream just by pressing a button on the TV remote.

Enviado de meu LG-M250 usando Tapatalk

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2017-08-17

(2017-08-17, 07:56)The Brain Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 12:56)tiku100 Wrote: One option could be not turning off the device alongside with the TV, but don't know how to achieve that...

What I did was to set HDMI-CEC Auto Turn Off option to "No" in the TV menu and, in the Mi Box settings, When to sleep option to "Never".

This way the Mi Box is always on and comes back from the daydream just by pressing a button on the TV remote.

Thanks so much for your reply, mate! :-D

Unfortunately, my Mi Box goes to sleep if my Samsung TV is off more than 30 seconds and I am bot able to awake it with the TV Remote...

Are your config options as mine?

Thanks in advance! :-D
ImageImage

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - flipside101 - 2017-08-17

The mibox side of these articles is currently pure conjecture currently to quote one of the articles - "To be more precise, the report doesn’t in any manner indicate that a Mi Box 2 might soon be unveiled. On the contrary, it stipulates that a new Android TV device might soon be launched. A consensus was recently arrived at by both Xiaomi and Google over the Mi Box."

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - The Brain - 2017-08-18

(2017-08-17, 12:06)tiku100 Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 07:56)The Brain Wrote:

Unfortunately, my Mi Box goes to sleep if my Samsung TV is off more than 30 seconds and I am bot able to awake it with the TV Remote...

ImageImage
The sleep option is right selected (Never).

I don't have CEC options in my Mi Box settings as I am still using the stable 6.0 Android version.

What about the CEC options in your Samsung TV (Anynet+)?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - libratiger - 2017-08-19

Hi, anyone has source read speed issues on MiBox after playing a movie for 2 hours? I am playing a HD dd5.1 file on a microsd card with the USB 2.0 port. The error encountered is "source read speed slow", as a result I get dropped audio (speech only). Or is it an overheating issue maybe? TIA

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - thesuffering - 2017-08-20

whats the status of amazon video on this?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - _matteo - 2017-08-20

Hi guys,

Do you suggest to purchase the box today?

I am coming from a Minix Neo X7 (so regular android)

I mainly need:
- kodi (or any fork needed)
- netflix
- Amazon prime video
- some very basic web browsing
- use a VPN

Are the last three requests someway supported by Android TV?

Thanks a lot!!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-08-20

See the START HERE thread, there is a whole section that talks about Amazon Video support.
You will have two choices basically for Amazon Video support, a NVIDIA Shield and a Amazon FireTV2

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Tinwarble - 2017-08-20

(2017-08-20, 04:49)thesuffering Wrote: whats the status of amazon video on this?

Status - It doesn't have Amazon video.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2017-08-20

(2017-08-18, 18:14)The Brain Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 12:06)tiku100 Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 07:56)The Brain Wrote: I've got it with my Samsung TV.

ImageImage
The sleep option is right selected (Never).

I don't have CEC options in my Mi Box settings as I am still using the stable 6.0 Android version.

What about the CEC options in your Samsung TV (Anynet+)?
My Samsung TV (KS7000) only gives the on/off options for Anynet :/

Reading you, I might consider going back to Android 6.0... but the Mi Box runs really well on 7.0 beta so I'm really doubting...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mitalm - 2017-08-21

(2017-08-20, 04:49)thesuffering Wrote: whats the status of amazon video on this?

I've got it working with version 4.1.115 of the Amazon Video apk. You can tell it's not optimised fully but it definitely works. I'm on ATV 6.0, not sure if it will works on 7 Beta.

I'm in the UK with a Prime subscription and it works in Full 1080p on my TV (I don't have a 4k TV).

Some quirks in that you can only play one episode or movie and then you have to go back to the MiBox home screen and relaunch Amazon Video to view another episode or movie, other than that it works really well.

I will not be sharing the apk, it's quite easy to find if you want it.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mitalm - 2017-08-22

(2017-08-21, 10:53)mitalm Wrote:

I've got it working with version 4.1.115 of the Amazon Video apk. You can tell it's not optimised fully but it definitely works. I'm on ATV 6.0, not sure if it will works on 7 Beta.

I'm in the UK with a Prime subscription and it works in Full 1080p on my TV (I don't have a 4k TV).

Some quirks in that you can only play one episode or movie and then you have to go back to the MiBox home screen and relaunch Amazon Video to view another episode or movie, other than that it works really well.

Can't reply to thesuffering's PM for some reason... A mega link to download the apk can be found through a GeForce forum post which links to a xda forum post. Just google the obvious terms... Don't put download or file in the the search and you should see the forum post.

Sorry if my previous post sounded snarky, I'm not trying to keep this all to myself I just don't want to get into any trouble sharing files that shouldn't in theory be shared. After all Amazon did get all files pulled from apk mirror and the like!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - thesuffering - 2017-08-22

(2017-08-22, 11:04)mitalm Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 10:53)mitalm Wrote:

Can't reply to thesuffering's PM for some reason... A mega link to download the apk can be found through a GeForce forum post which links to a xda forum post. Just google the obvious terms... Don't put download or file in the the search and you should see the forum post.

Sorry if my previous post sounded snarky, I'm not trying to keep this all to myself I just don't want to get into any trouble sharing files that shouldn't in theory be shared. After all Amazon did get all files pulled from apk mirror and the like!

I did finally find it on a reddit post as well. Thanks for that.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - flatcrusher - 2017-08-22

Dudes! Help. I recently bought the USA version of Mibox at Walmart. I did the July 31 update, and now the wifi is crippled. Only 1Mbps down. I can probably go buy a USB Ethernet adapter, but would like to resolve the wifi issue. Chatting with Xiaomi support is pointless. They just do the usual "reset box, reset modem", etc. I've done it all.

I'm wondering if it's the settings in my router? Any one experience this, and can provide a solution of some kind?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ultraschorsch - 2017-08-23

(2017-08-22, 20:09)flatcrusher Wrote: Dudes! Help. I recently bought the USA version of Mibox at Walmart. I did the July 31 update, and now the wifi is crippled. Only 1Mbps down. I can probably go buy a USB Ethernet adapter, but would like to resolve the wifi issue. Chatting with Xiaomi support is pointless. They just do the usual "reset box, reset modem", etc. I've done it all.

I'm wondering if it's the settings in my router? Any one experience this, and can provide a solution of some kind?

Since you seem to be the only one with this problem, I would try and search for the problem on the router. How does the box connect to your router? 2,4 or 5 GHz? What speeds do you get with other devices connecting to that same network? Did you restart your router? Did you buy some new wireless device that could cause the problem like a DECT phone?