Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dcervi - 2018-02-01

The international version also uses an Amlogic S905H processor ( internally it has four Cortex A53 cores, as every S905 Amlogic processor).

Enviat des del meu SM-G950F usant Tapatalk

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-02-01

The Mi Box model discussed in this thread is the USA Spec Android TV model MDZ-16-AB

No one here in this thread is using the Chinese, domestic use only Mi Box - that one does NOT even run Android TV.
See post #1 of this thread for the correct International USA spec Mi Boxes.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - prajnay - 2018-02-01

Can anyone help me  ? when i go into recovery  no file is detected and it shows unable to mount read only  same with the hard disk any solution?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noonzascript - 2018-02-03

Has anyone tried "Channels" for Live TV (for HDHomeRun)? They devs have said the Mi Box can do hardware deinterlacing for OTA channels. Unfortunately I am unable to try since I don't have a HDHR.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - 9thWonderful - 2018-02-04

Any good soundbars under 100 to use with the Mi Box?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Piero87 - 2018-02-05

Hi, I have just bought the international versione of the Xiaomi Mi Box, I have installed Kodi to use it with my nas shared with smb, but all the videos are shuttered and not fluid. Anyone knows if there is a way to fix it? If not I think I will sell it because it's useless

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-02-05

A workaround....may still get the occasional judder.

Try in Android Settings selecting 1080p50Hz if possible.
Then in Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > select "Sync playback to display"

The Mi Box does not do Kodi - auto dynamic refresh rate switching (frame rate matching) to change your TV into it's 24p movie or cinema mode for smooth video playback.

Android Kodi boxes with Kodi auto refresh rate switching:

- MINIX U9
- WeTek Play2
- NVIDIA Shield

If you want Apps, like Netflix, Amazon Video etc. to also auto refresh rate switch you have to buy an Apple TV 4K. You then use video playback Apps like MrMC (Kodi Jarvis) or Infuse for local NAS content video playback.

Kodi use only then...
Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or OSMC Kodi Krypton.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Piero87 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-05, 14:37)wrxtasy Wrote: A workaround....may still get the occasional judder.

Try in Android Settings selecting 1080p50Hz if possible.
Then in Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > select "Sync playback to display"

The Mi Box does not do Kodi - auto dynamic refresh rate switching (frame rate matching) to change your TV into it's 24p movie or cinema mode for smooth video playback.

Android Kodi boxes with Kodi auto refresh rate switching:

- MINIX U9
- WeTek Play2
- NVIDIA Shield

If you want Apps, like Netflix, Amazon Video etc. to also auto refresh rate switch you have to buy an Apple TV 4K. You then use video playback Apps like MrMC (Kodi Jarvis) or Infuse for local NAS content video playback.

Kodi use only then...
Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or OSMC Kodi Krypton.
Thanks for your answer, it's a little better with that workaround, but only a little, I'm afraid so there isn't any other way, I think I have to find a way to get a refund or sell it on ebay

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mamachan - 2018-02-06

I see in the firmware archive on first post the new firmware v.6.0.1-1901 (2018-02-03)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9k82rbe2nc0vw/mdz-16-ab

What are the changes or improvements?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - zak325 - 2018-02-07

Hi all,

I needed some help. I've just purchased a Mi box with the hope of playing 1080p and 4k content from my NAS. I was wondering was it possible to get smooth playback of 4k content to the mi box?

Also everyone on here keeps talking about some auto refresh switching. Will that be an issue when I'm playing these files?

And does the latest software on the mi box allow 4k YouTube and Netflix?

I was wondering if someone could help with these questions. Thanks a lot!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mamachan - 2018-02-08

No way to play 4K-HDR files with MI BOX and SPMC 16.7.3.

- try to play 4K files from WIFI 5GHz (USB box storage connected to a Synology nas)
- try to play 4K files from USB box storage directly connected to the MI through USB2

The video don't start, I only hear a stuttering sound. And if the video start is only for a few seconds and not in full screen mode.

No problem if i play same files directly from the TV (WiFi).

I will try to move one 4K-HDR file directly to the nas (internal storage) later.

Do you have any advice to give me?

(2018-02-08, 09:45)mamachan Wrote: No way to play 4K-HDR files with MI BOX and SPMC 16.7.3.

- try to play 4K files from WIFI 5GHz (USB box storage connected to a Synology nas)
- try to play 4K files from USB box storage directly connected to the MI through USB2

The video don't start, I only hear a stuttering sound. And if the video start is only for a few seconds and not in full screen mode.

I will try to move one 4K-HDR file directly to the nas (internal storage) later.

No problem with regular Kodi 17.6 !!!!!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2018-02-08

(2018-02-08, 17:12)mamachan Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 09:45)mamachan Wrote: No way to play 4K-HDR files with MI BOX and SPMC 16.7.3.

This is very weird.

Currently I'm playing my 4k HDR files directly from my Qnap NAS using SPMC 16.7.3 without a single problem. In fact, Plex is the one giving me problems swith a lot of "buffering" screens. On the other hand, SPMC works perfectly...

(2018-02-08, 17:33)tiku100 Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 17:12)mamachan Wrote:

This is very weird.

Currently I'm playing my 4k HDR files directly from my Qnap NAS using SPMC 16.7.3 without a single problem. In fact, Plex is the one giving me problems swith a lot of "buffering" screens. On the other hand, SPMC works perfectly... 
Can you post your audio/video settings please?
SPMC and MI BOX.
Many thanks

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Crille4 - 2018-02-09

You can have different functions depending on what window is open, you can even use global
<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="61448">subtitledelay</key><key id="61571">fastforward</key><key id="61569">playpause</key><key id="61568">activatewindow(subtitlesearch)</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>