Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - flo21 - 2018-06-26

(2018-06-26, 19:54)jlmcr87 Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 18:22)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 10:56)R91g Wrote: I'm beginning to believe the same
I can't trust Miboy 
It doesn't look like he actually understands the concept of refresh rate switching.
(2018-06-26, 15:33)wrxtasy Wrote: - Multichannel LPCM in Kodi Krypton 17.6 & Leia
Not tested but I'm told works:
- seems Amazon Video can be Sideloaded and works, Amazon must have relaxed App restrictions recently.
Multichannel LPCM works only occasionally for me. Happens with the latest Vero 4K update also. So, not sure whether it is something in my setup.

Amazon Video didn't work for. I could browse, but when you try to play a video, it errors out.
(2018-06-26, 17:54)jlmcr87 Wrote: You forget to say that now kodi can't open USB drives. Check if you want... 
NTFS, exFAT formatted drives. FAT32 drives work. 

Before the update It has working. I cant use FAT 32 in a 2TB hard Drive. 
Idem for me with an NTFS 4TB hard drive...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - AzzX - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-26, 15:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Summary:
- if you do not care about auto refresh / resolution switching and do not need to used Kodi deinterlacing and PVR Addons, most mainstream users would be pretty satisfied this Oreo update especially for the price paid.
Oreo works surprisingly well with the excellent, responsive Mi Box remote.
 How mainstream users cant notice the judder and frame-skipping is beyond me, for any type of playback the mibox is still unplayable even with the Oreo update.  Netflix appears the be better though its not as good as a PS4 at 60hz.  The opening credits of Sense 8 are a great way to highlight these issues.

Remote is great I agree

Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - lacta13 - 2018-06-27

Did anyone encouraged youtube issue? After the update ,youtube just didn't run...i managed to fix it by forced close->clear data->disable app-> re-enable app

Another noticeable thing,is that after update,more space is available...not only from 5.1GB original went to 5.5GB ,but somehow while i had 1GB free space,now i have 2.5...
Better management?who knows....

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-06-27

Apparently 4K YouTube HDR now works since the Oreo update as well. They would be a first for any Android TV media player.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-27, 04:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Apparently 4K YouTube HDR now works since the Oreo update as well. They would be a first for any Android TV media player.
 Not with the official YouTube app. I tried that yesterday. This is the first time I am hearing about this Smart YouTube TV app. Have to try that out.

Edit:
HDR does work with the Smart YouTube TV app. So, it looks like Google is again behind in updating the YouTube app.

(2018-06-27, 04:31)wesk05 Wrote: HDR does work with the Smart YouTube TV app. So, it looks like Google is again behind in updating the YouTube app.
Or they simply want to force users to buy a Google Chromecast Ultra. Wink

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - jlmcr87 - 2018-06-27

Kodi really needs an update in the Code. It targets android Lollipop API level 22. I think It is Oreo time, API level 27.
I use kodi as a media player, and if i cant read USB drives now for me It has no use.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - looun - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-26, 18:22)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 10:56)R91g Wrote: I'm beginning to believe the same
I can't trust Miboy 
It doesn't look like he actually understands the concept of refresh rate switching.  

quote, him think frame interpolation was auto-switch fps/hz
(2018-06-26, 18:22)wesk05 Wrote: Amazon Video didn't work for. I could browse, but when you try to play a video, it errors out.. 
last version of prime video 4.7.9 https://goo.gl/yj1KBa work very well Ultra HD and audio 5.1

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - nikos_a - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-26, 15:33)wrxtasy Wrote: - 4K high bitrate Bluray Krypton video playback works well when used with a (Ugreen) USB3 > Gigabit LAN adapter

wrxtasy, did you have to change any option in the developers option (USB charging to mtp) to make the adapter work? Mine doesn't work and was working with MM. Cheap USB->Gigabit Ethernet + USB3 hub using Realtek chip. I haven't checked the options yet, it was recommended to check this option.

Make sure USB ADB debugging in disabled in Developer options.
The new Linux Kernel should have better connectivity vs Marshmallow IF Xiaomi config the Kernel correctly at compile time.

The Ugreen Adapter I have has an ASIX chipset.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Geeeronimo - 2018-06-27

Hello

I read that the infrared receiver of the Mi Box doesn't work anymore with the Oreo update (the LED should blink when sending an IR command, independently of what the command does). Can anyone confirm ?

That would be a no-go for me, as I use an IR Harmony to command all my devices. Is there a way to disable completely the Android update ? I'm afraid that if I have to reboot the box, the update will be installed automatically.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2018-06-27

I have no idea where my Mi Box remote went after I moved, but my Harmony still works just fine.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2018-06-27

(2018-06-27, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Or they simply want to force users to buy a Google Chromecast Ultra. Wink 
Could be, but the interface of this Smart YouTube app is similar to that of official YouTube. It looks like it is opening YouTube's UI within the app.

(2018-06-27, 09:37)looun Wrote: last version of prime video 4.7.9 https://goo.gl/yj1KBa work very well Ultra HD and audio 5.1 
Thanks! Will try that version.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ratty87 - 2018-06-28

For some reason my download speeds on the Mi Box are really low, the upload speed is normal. My router sits right next to the Mi Box and all other devices are running at normal speed. Anyone experiencing this issue?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - jg1395 - 2018-06-28

USA updated today. Built in IR receiver is working fine with my harmony.