Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Phat Phreddy - 2018-07-20

(2018-07-20, 07:18)kgonepostl Wrote: Man kodi is slow now.  I can barely play back 720p h.264. I had to completely disable hardware acceleration as well.  Knowing Xiaomi, they won't fix it.  Well.........................I'm returning it to Walmart. Forget this. Anybody else experiencing a bunch of slowdowns in Kodi as well?? running latest krypton with the titanium build.
 Yes.. I am also afraid the slowdowns, high temp, and issues which will be harder to define and bug track are not getting much attention on the xiaomi forums.. 

The easy to define bugs will be easier to squash.. But general 'it runs poorly' often just gets pushed into hardware upgrade cycles. 

I picked up 2 4k firetvs on prime day.. I prefer androidTV but will see where it goes.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - robby naish - 2018-07-20

Guys, which keyboard or air mouse suggest without spend too much?
Thanks

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kgonepostl - 2018-07-20

Sucks too. Use to be the perfect media box before they updated to oreo. Will a factory reset, reset me to what was before the Oreo update? Or will it just wipe to the Oreo update? Please let me know asap.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ppaladin - 2018-07-20

(2018-07-20, 15:34)Phat Phreddy Wrote:
(2018-07-20, 07:18)kgonepostl Wrote: Man kodi is slow now.  I can barely play back 720p h.264. I had to completely disable hardware acceleration as well.  Knowing Xiaomi, they won't fix it.  Well.........................I'm returning it to Walmart. Forget this. Anybody else experiencing a bunch of slowdowns in Kodi as well?? running latest krypton with the titanium build.
 Yes.. I am also afraid the slowdowns, high temp, and issues which will be harder to define and bug track are not getting much attention on the xiaomi forums.. 

The easy to define bugs will be easier to squash.. But general 'it runs poorly' often just gets pushed into hardware upgrade cycles. 

I picked up 2 4k firetvs on prime day.. I prefer androidTV but will see where it goes.      
"RIGHT...
Listen up...
The OTA required users to ACCEPT the download, ACCEPT the update and reboot! I am not going to stand for the lies about the OTA, people saw OREO, decided in excitement to update, forgoing all warnings and confirmations, installed, update had issues....
SO... MUCH Easier for people to say the update was FORCED upon them rather than admit they downloaded, confirmed and installed and have issues now!
Had enough of the bs off people. We have confirmed how the OTA works, I've asked other trustworthy sources if they had a confirmation for download and install so please enough the BS.
If you hate the product and can't wait for me or others to liaise to fix your issues then dont keep complaining."

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/new-ota-update-to-oreo-today.45049/post-429430

Man, I still can't believe Mark's response on that thread. It's unbelievable.

I had a solid product, running fine to me. The update rolled out, I looked at this forum, reddit and Xiaomi.eu before updating and saw several reports of bugs. What a sh*t show. Chose to not update.

Then, one week later, Xiaomi forced/pushed the update while I was sleeping (no accept button/popup/confirmation/system notification). Since then, been facing several issues even with the last fix. Now, they call us liars?! WTF? It's my first and last product from this company.

The best solution would be unlock the bootloader and allow the downgrade back to 6.0.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kgonepostl - 2018-07-21

Can't we just use a factory reset to get back?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - er2es - 2018-07-21

There will be an OTA next week for the Internal BETA users firstly to fix the WiFi stability and Google Assistant issues! if the Internal OTA is successfully verified to fix the issues a public OTA will follow!

Possible unofficial downgrade also planned!

Auto Resolution may also be fixed in next Internal OTA

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-box-3-wifi-connectivity-issue-google-assistant-issue-update-info.45129/

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Jemus - 2018-07-21

Sounds good, I'm just happy for now, that the MiBox is not my main device Wink

Totally different question, are you able to install the arm64-v8a Versions of Kodi on you MiBoxes?
I'm only able to install the armeabi-v7a Versions.
It is not that bad but I just thought the s905x was a 64bit cpu as the tegra cpu of the ShieldTV.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Phat Phreddy - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-21, 05:58)kgonepostl Wrote: Can't we just use a factory reset to get back?

No it resets to Oreo, with all the bugs still..

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Phat Phreddy - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-20, 20:39)ppaladin Wrote: Man, I still can't believe Mark's response on that thread. It's unbelievable.

He has said he doesnt even own a box.. But his contacts at Xiaomi assured him it wasnt like that..

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-07-23

(2018-07-21, 14:13)Jemus Wrote: Totally different question, are you able to install the arm64-v8a Versions of Kodi on you MiBoxes?
The Oreo OS on the Mi Box is 64bit.

You would have to delete armeabi-v7a 32bit Kodi I would think to be able to install the arm64-v8a 64bit version. The binary Addons are definitely incompatible.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Jemus - 2018-07-23

@wrxtasy 
Well that's what I tried a moment ago, uninstalled the 32bit version of Kodi, the following installation of the 64bit version fails.

But the debug.log I did yesterday shows me Oreo is running with a 32bit Linux Kernel.

14:35:24.231 T:18446744072851315056  NOTICE: Running on Xiaomi MIBOX3 with Android 8.0.0 API level 26, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.54

Antutu Benchmark also shows, OS is only 32bit --> Screenshot Antutu Benchmark
Do you guys have Oreo in 64bit? I'm a little bit confused..

Edit:
Asked in the xiaomi.eu community, seems to be just like that, sure the s905x is a 64bit capable SoC but nevertheless Android runs 32bit.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - CiNcH - 2018-07-24

64-Bit on a Cortex A53 with 2 Gigs of RAM doesn't make a ton of sense, does it?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Jemus - 2018-07-24

Well actually it doesn't matter to me if the OS is 32bit or 64bit, I was just wondering and wrxtasy said it was 64bit I was even more confused because the OS on my MiBox isn't.

I just wanted to know what's right Wink

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - atv2jber - 2018-07-24

(2018-07-24, 15:26)CiNcH Wrote: 64-Bit on a Cortex A53 with 2 Gigs of RAM doesn't make a ton of sense, does it?
 Why not?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - CiNcH - 2018-07-24

Because it won't make most apps a hell of a lot faster, but each app will require more RAM. And RAM is a limited resource already. There is a similar SoC in my Sony ATV and even on 32-Bit, it has to constantly close background apps to free up some RAM...