Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - fleeball - 2018-08-28

Thanks for the clarification. Looking at the advancedsettings.xml option to try and resolve current issues. Everything I have tried does not seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions for the advancedsettings.xml that work?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - phate89 - 2018-08-28

Is someone having random crashes with current leia nightlies? I chose to switch from krypton to leia but I got random crashes and nothing in the log

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - fleeball - 2018-08-29

No random crashes, just issues with streaming 4K content. Considering the Apple TV 4K, it doesn't look like the issues with this box e'll be resolved anytime soon.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-09-01

Despite fixing the WiFi, I think 2179 completely destroy my box. Kodi won’t be able to play anything. I will roll back

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kgonepostl - 2018-09-05

God I can't wait for a final release. This is taking way too long, and it wouldn't be the first time Xiaomi ditched a product before the final release. Fingers crossed. Everything runs terribly slow right now.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - nikos_a - 2018-09-05

Agree. Have to restart every day or two to get it work at descent speed. But frankly, I don't bet they will fix everything. Wonder how many developers they have for Mi Box. Also, big company but they should know what agile development means. They should have released small updates with 3-4 fixes. Now they expect to release all in one? This is insane. Don't have to go in detail what will happen if they release 20 fixes and you have one 1 of the fixes causing a major issue.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - fleeball - 2018-09-07

Thankfully my second MiBox has not upgraded to Oreo. Close to zero issues running 4K on the non oreo box. Not holding my breath that Xiaomi will resolve the issues with Oreo anytime soon.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - sattekop - 2018-09-10

I have now had an OTA update for version 2303.
I am not sure that I now have IPTV 1080p working. Audio OK, but video still not playing with any fluency. Irritating. What to do?!?
If only the box could go back to Android v6.....

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2018-09-10

My wifi speeds went from 70-80 mbps to 130-140 with the 2303 update...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2018-09-11

Another improvement: with the previous official firmware, my Mi Box suffered from "random awakenings", this is: every time I used my TV/Switch or PS4, for example, my Mi Box had the habit of suddenly come back from its sleep mode and, without any warning, changed my HDMI input (because of the HDMI CEC feautre, of course).

Since I installed the 2303 firmware two days ago my device has not come back to life randomly ;P

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kgonepostl - 2018-09-12

Keep the updates coming guys. I don't wanna update to a beta. Good to hear the feedback.

Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-09-12

When setting the box refresh rate to 24hz, all 1080p stutter in Kodi. 4K are smooth. Anyone else has the same problem?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mbronze - 2018-09-12

This solved me the 1080p stuttering problem:
Check Player Settings -> Video -> Processing section -> Set the 'Enable HQ scalers for scaling above' to 0% and turn off 'Allow hardware acceleration (Surface)'
(Don't forget to switch Settings to Expert mode first to find these options!)

Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-09-12

(2018-09-12, 11:28)mbronze Wrote: This solved me the 1080p stuttering problem:
Check Player Settings -> Video -> Processing section -> Set the 'Enable HQ scalers for scaling above' to 0% and turn off 'Allow hardware acceleration (Surface)'

This setting will give me poor scaling quality on my 4K tv and disable HDR. When I’m using 4k@60 resolution 1080p videos are mostly smooth with a slightly stutter, I guess thanks to the HQ scaler. But 4K stutters a lot. Are you only having this stutter only under @24hz resolution of box setting?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mbronze - 2018-09-13

(2018-09-12, 17:58)generalmilk Wrote:
(2018-09-12, 11:28)mbronze Wrote: This solved me the 1080p stuttering problem:

This setting will give me poor scaling quality on my 4K tv and disable HDR. When I’m using 4k@60 resolution 1080p videos are mostly smooth with a slightly stutter, I guess thanks to the HQ scaler. But 4K stutters a lot. Are you only having this stutter only under @24hz resolution of box setting?  
 I was not quite observant, sorry for misleading!
My TV is not 4K, it's just FHD. (box resolution is 1080p 24 Hz, and no more stuttering with the above-mentioned settings)