Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - shrugg1e - 2018-11-12

Thx! So there is no reason for me to upgrade to the new model ...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dekomote - 2018-11-12

It seems that the Mi Box S is in the same sad state of affairs as it's predecessor. Not worth the buy considering that the Android Fire Stick 4k does almost everything right for the same price. Xiaomi could care less...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - shrugg1e - 2018-11-12

Fire Tv Stick 4k have no USB Port, so the Mi Box is almost the better device for me.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - sayanux - 2018-11-12

(2018-11-08, 19:53)dimirass Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 14:21)sayanux Wrote:  
 Please help: I own this https://www.banggood.com/XiaoMi-Mi-USB-3_0-to-3-Port-USB-3_0-1000Mbps-Gigabit-RJ45-Adapter-USB-Hub-with-Micro-USB-Power-Port-p-1311729.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN, that doesnot work with tv box. Do I make something wrong or XIAOMI made an adapter not working with its own tv box? 
am using ugreen usb3.0 to gbps lan adapter ... and am happy with tht ..

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dekomote - 2018-11-12

It does, albeit a microusb. You can put a powered USB hub on it and have as many USBs as you want.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dimirass - 2018-11-13

[/quote]
Yes I have ordered one, should have done it before ...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-11-13

(2018-11-12, 06:41)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2018-11-12, 00:58)generalmilk Wrote: Bought MrMC and realized it is just SPMC with a new skin...
It's not, it's its own fork of Kodi like SPMC was. SPMC is dead and the dev (@Koying)  that did it does work on MrMC with @davilla and @amet.

I know it’s not on paper, but I have every problem I had on SPMC which eventually moved me to Kodi Leia. Issues such as stutter and out of sync AV. That’s my 4K hdr experience.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - shrugg1e - 2018-11-13

(2018-11-12, 21:39)dekomote Wrote: It does, albeit a microusb. You can put a powered USB hub on it and have as many USBs as you want.
 But than i think the stick have problems with NTFS / exFat storage ... i'll ask that in the Fire TV Stick Thread ...

Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-11-18

The newest internal build 2405 seems fix the wake up issue. We invited a few users who suffered from that issue and sent them build. The feedback is good so far.

The devs still cannot reproduce the dd+ dropout issue. They are testing with a Yamaha AVR. I’m collecting device brands and models that having this issue and hopefully it can help devs to reproduce.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-11-19

It does not matter which brand of DD+ capable AVR or TV that is used. They all have Oreo - DD+ Netflix audio dropouts.
With previous Marshmallow Mi Box Firmware this was never a problem with any DD+ audio receiver.
It is definately not an audio receiver problem but an Oreo Firmware issue.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gado45 - 2018-11-19

Hi guys, new here. Im interested in getting the new MI box S, but reading some pages here it seems it got lots of audio issues. My question is, passthrough audio to receiver, like dts-hd or atmos were never compatible or just broken by xiaomi's oreo firmware? are there any other recommended boxes besides the nvidia shield for having hd audio passthrough ?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - urbanman2004 - 2018-11-23

(2018-11-12, 13:45)shrugg1e Wrote: Fire Tv Stick 4k have no USB Port, so the Mi Box is almost the better device for me.
 By using an OTG cable, you can attach a USB hub to a 4K firestick thus producing multiple USB ports and in turn the firestick is able to recognize each individual device connected to whichever port on the hub (which I tested with a Belkin bus-powered 4-port hub). However, unlike the Mi Box, you can not format/convert a USB flash drive into an internal drive using a 4K firestick. Believe me, I know this b/c I own both devices and I've tried it out myself.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - urbanman2004 - 2018-11-23

(2018-11-12, 14:01)sayanux Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 19:53)dimirass Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 14:21)sayanux Wrote:  
 Please help: I own this https://www.banggood.com/XiaoMi-Mi-USB-3_0-to-3-Port-USB-3_0-1000Mbps-Gigabit-RJ45-Adapter-USB-Hub-with-Micro-USB-Power-Port-p-1311729.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN, that doesnot work with tv box. Do I make something wrong or XIAOMI made an adapter not working with its own tv box?  
I second that... It works well with mine as well

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - audit13 - 2018-11-24

(2018-11-19, 02:33)gado45 Wrote: Hi guys, new here. Im interested in getting the new MI box S, but reading some pages here it seems it got lots of audio issues. My question is, passthrough audio to receiver, like dts-hd or atmos were never compatible or just broken by xiaomi's oreo firmware? are there any other recommended boxes besides the nvidia shield for having hd audio passthrough ?
 Hi,

I am new here too. I got the Mi Box 3 a few days ago and it self-updated to Oreo version 2396. I'll try to answer your questions.

Here's the bad news:
  1. for some reason, when playing back a 1080p or 4k movie from a USB drive, the audio will randomly cut out for a second. This may happen twice during a 1.5 hour movie or four times. I can replay the entire file and the audio drops will not occur in the same place. Sometimes, there will be a soft burst of audio static for no apparent reason. I know it's not a file problem because the file plays perfectly on my HTPC with no audio static or audio drops;
  2. there is no auto frame rate switching which is bad when playing a movie with a 23.976 or 24 FPS rate while the desktop is set to 2160p/60. This will cause dropped frames or stuttering even in Kodi with the frame change option enabled. I notice it while others may not; and
  3. there was a bit of stuttering in Netflix 4k but I didn't notice many instances of frame drops; however, that may have been a function of the show I was watching.

Here's the good news:
  1. 1080 and 4k files from my USB drive look pretty good;
  2. using Kodi Leia 18 RC and my 5.1 system, I see TrueHD and DTS-HD MA on my receiver's display panel. I assume it will pass the meta data for Atmos and DTS-X as well but I don't know for sure since I don't have an Atmos-compatible system;
  3. I get Netflix 4k HDR with no problem; and
  4. no audio drop outs when using Netflix at 4k with DD+ 5.1.

Xiaomi is supposedly working on auto frame rate switching which would eliminate the stuttering and, hopefully, audio drops.

I hope the information I have included is helpful.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-11-24

Post #1 updated after testing pre-release Oreo build 2415
It fixes a few annoying issues... Smile