Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ratty87 - 2018-11-24

(2018-11-24, 06:21)wrxtasy Wrote: Post #1 updated after testing pre-release Oreo build 2415
It fixes a few annoying issues... Smile
 Thats good news. At least there is some progress Smile

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tvniklas - 2018-11-27

Good morning!
If i want to try another version of Kodi than Spmc that I'm using right now. What version do you recommend?
I have problem with Spmc like electronic high sound distortion and sound that stops, and don't come back, before I restart the file.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - world2160 - 2018-11-27

Hi i just purchased this MiBox and upgraded to latest build 2396.

I am using USB3 to watch 4k movies. I connect the MIbox to a 5.1 Yamaha AV using HDMI.

- What i noticed is that i need to set the "Audio Output" to "Auto" (rather than PCM) to get 5.1 surround sound working. Why dont they just have a "Dolby" option?
- Also noticed that if i change the audio track during the movie (e.g. from 7.1 to 5.1), I won't be able to hear anything UNTIL I restart the box. I think this is related to the fact that i chose "Auto" audio output. I can hear 5.1, but it is quite annoying to have to restart the box everytime i change the track.
- Finally I noticed that the playback stutters if I use the 4K subtitles that come with the 4k movies. I go and download my own subtitle and then there is no stutter. I am using 2160P 50hz

Anyone else have these observations?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kdnoel - 2018-11-27

(2018-11-27, 08:58)tvniklas Wrote: Good morning!
If i want to try another version of Kodi than Spmc that I'm using right now. What version do you recommend?
I have problem with Spmc like electronic high sound distortion and sound that stops, and don't come back, before I restart the file.
Use KODI itself.
I had to give up on spmc myself.
KODI is about to release the final version of 18.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noggin - 2018-11-27

(2018-11-27, 13:44)world2160 Wrote: - What i noticed is that i need to set the "Audio Output" to "Auto" (rather than PCM) to get 5.1 surround sound working. Why dont they just have a "Dolby" option?not

Presumably to avoid confusion?

In AUTO mode PCM, WAV, FLAC, MP3, AAC, MP2 etc. audio will still be output in PCM, only Dolby Digital (and possibly DD+) audio will be output as a Dolby bitstream? (Ignoring DTS)

If you called this output DOLBY rather than AUTO - then either the box would need a Dolby encoding licence to output permanent Dolby Digital when playing non-Dolby Digital content, or it would do what AUTO does. Having an option called DOLBY that outputs PCM, not Dolby Digital, when playing non-Dolby content could be seen as very confusing for an end user... "I've set it to Dolby but it's not outputting Dolby"...

AUTO is a really common way of describing this functionality on HDMI outputs on consumer devices - it's not unique to the Mi Box.

(If the box also does a bitstream passthrough of DTS audio when in AUTO mode - then Dolby really would be a misleading description for it)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2018-11-27

(2018-11-27, 14:10)kdnoel Wrote:
Use KODI itself.
 Just asking: is Kodi 18 as optimized/customized for our Boxes and ARM cpu as SPMC is? SPMC was a better choice than Kodi 17, that's why I'm asking. I'd love to know if Kodi 18 finally an improvement over SPMC.

Thanks!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kdnoel - 2018-11-27

(2018-11-27, 14:14)tiku100 Wrote:
(2018-11-27, 14:10)kdnoel Wrote:
Use KODI itself.
 Just asking: is Kodi 18 as optimized/customized for our Boxes and ARM cpu as SPMC is? SPMC was a better choice than Kodi 17, that's why I'm asking. I'd love to know if Kodi 18 finally an improvement over SPMC.

Thanks!
They have put an emphasis on the Android version!
They had lost the guy who did spmc but have beefed up Android development.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tiku100 - 2018-11-27

(2018-11-27, 14:16)kdnoel Wrote:
(2018-11-27, 14:14)tiku100 Wrote:
(2018-11-27, 14:10)kdnoel Wrote: Use KODI itself.

Thanks! 
They have put an emphasis on the Android version!
They had lost the guy who did spmc but have beefed up Android development. 
Yes, koying is currently working, if I'm not wrong, in MrMc, so SPMC is going to be more and more outdated...

Didn't know, however, Kodi 18 was now so optimized for Android. I tested beta versions more than half a year ago and I did not feel it worked better than SPMC, but it makes me happy to read you that Kodi 18 has improved form what I tested Smile

Thanks!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tvniklas - 2018-11-27

Update!
Just finished making all the settings in Leia rc1 and it's working great so far, I was a bit confused when my rar movies didn't show up, only NFO and sample, but it's a new way in Leia, you have to enable it in addons, good to know.
All my sound issues from Spcm is now gone.
Now the only problem with Oreo is Netflix DD.
Take care

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - generalmilk - 2018-11-29

Can confirm SPMC is outdated on MiBox long time ago. Now under latest Leia RC1 and latest mi box firmware, the play back of both 4k hdr and 1080p is almost perfect (you have to manually change refresh rate and restart Kodi though), at least works much better than my Sony TV.

The latest Mi Box update fixed refresh rate can't be changed properly issue, and since then the play back is mostly stutterless. I'm happy that I helped reporting that bug and got it fixed by the devs in a timely manner.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2018-11-29

(2018-11-29, 02:43)generalmilk Wrote: The latest Mi Box update fixed refresh rate can't be changed properly issue, and since then the play back is mostly stutterless. I'm happy that I helped reporting that bug and got it fixed by the devs in a timely manner.

Yes also - In Android Kodi Leia, the Kodi dev. @peak3d improved the 3:2 pulldown timing in the last month or so with THIS commit.

End result, noticeably smoother 23.976fps video playback when output on displays at 60Hz, especially displays that can nearly eliminated 3:2 video playback judder via TV motion processing.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Maxrunner - 2018-11-29

Any news when this build 2415 goes to all users?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - qazerr - 2018-11-30

Hi.
Did anyone have luck with write to external HDD (not formatted as internal storage) with Android 8?
With Android 6 Kodi was able to write to "Android/data/" but it don't.
I was able to write only to fat32 partition but this is not a working option because of limitations of fat32.

Updated: Also for a test I formated HDD as internal storage but I can not see how to save files to it :-(

Thank you.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - vladkor - 2018-11-30

Hi.
Guys,  I got an update and box died (
The screen flickers and then goes dead. Rebooting, getting batteries does not help absolutely.
Graphics crashes.

Attach photos and videos.
Please, heelp)

Video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXbZQEjeOQ6Zl9ffTGpYypIpqqJzT0eH/view?usp=sharing
​​​​​​​

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Klojum - 2018-12-01

(2018-11-30, 23:52)vladkor Wrote: Guys,  I got an update and box died (
The screen flickers and then goes dead. Rebooting, getting batteries does not help absolutely.
Graphics crashes.
Looks like a hardware problem of some kind to me. Try a different HDMI cable.

If that does not help, contact the store that sold you that box. This is not the official support site for Xiaomi hardware.