Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2019-03-28

I think I saw somewhere that with the auto frame rate, the Mibox use the automaticaly the higher resolution available on the TV, may be this is why I have this result ?
But the problem is, there is no return to the original setting of the Mibox !

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2019-03-28

Hello
Another question, why when I activate the debug mode, All # cpu are 0%,and only kodi cpu is working ?

Someone know why there is poor choice between color space and deep color settings ?
For 4k 60hz, only 8 bit.
I have a shield tv too, and the choice is amazing on the nvidia box.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - alkak - 2019-03-29

since the last update, the Mibox home screen shows a line "suggested apps" by google play. Even when it is deactivated in "Promotional Channels", it comes back after a few hours.
Any one knows how to get rid of this permanently ?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2019-03-29

I think it's not possible permanently  No

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - alkak - 2019-03-29

you think the setting to deactivate is only decorum... hummmm

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Geeeronimo - 2019-03-29

(2019-03-29, 09:17)alkak Wrote: since the last update, the Mibox home screen shows a line "suggested apps" by google play. Even when it is deactivated in "Promotional Channels", it comes back after a few hours.
Any one knows how to get rid of this permanently ?

Same problem here, since a few days. Didn't find any workaround. Shame on you, Google.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ogreen - 2019-03-29

(2019-03-29, 10:59)alkak Wrote: you think the setting to deactivate is only decorum... hummmm

No, it's just for a time, it comes back after.
I think this is Google rule on android TV 8 Sad

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - alkak - 2019-03-30

A setting valid only for a few hours, without any note nor documented... sorry, I can' believe it. It sounds like a bug to me. Android TV 8.0 bug or Xiaomi bug, that is the question.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - User 431995 - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-27, 10:58)cipargalva Wrote: I deeply apologize, if this has been previously discussed, but I haven't been able to find any relevant answer so far.

I don't have 4k resolution available in the whitelist, only 1920x1080 with different refresh rates. Why is that?

Same situation here... But I don´t know why.
Any ideas?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - audit13 - 2019-03-30

(2019-03-30, 16:32)User 431995 Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 10:58)cipargalva Wrote: I deeply apologize, if this has been previously discussed, but I haven't been able to find any relevant answer so far.

I don't have 4k resolution available in the whitelist, only 1920x1080 with different refresh rates. Why is that?

Same situation here... But I don´t know why.
Any ideas?

I have the same issue and it's something I can live with because I set the mi box 3 output resolution to 1080p60 in the Android settings. When I play a 4k 2160p file, the resolution changes to 2160p at 23.98 and goes back to 1080 when I close Kodi. I only use the mi box for playback of content from a usb drive because Netflix, Vudu, and Google Play movies look far better from my Apple tv 4k or the LG TV app.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - robboman93 - 2019-03-30

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Xiaomi. They have been updating this little media player for 2+ years now. Most China boxes are pretty much dead on arrival.

I Bought my Mi Box around 2,5 years ago and never encountered any big problems or bugs. The update from Android Nougat to Oreo was painless for me too.
Only thing I was missing was automatic framerate switching so it's great that they implemented it. Seems to work fine.

The Mi Box is pretty much perfect for me in this state so I will probably keep using it for plenty of years to come Smile

The Nvidia Shield is really solid of course, but if you are looking for a great budget Android TV experience the Mi box S is a really good buy IMO.

Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - banesi - 2019-03-31

Auto refresh fix for Mibox in latest update works fine for local and network files but it doesn't work when you are playing streams or videos from YouTube add-on.

Is there something I can try to remediate this? How does Netflix add-on work for you in regards to this?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - chrisrey - 2019-03-31

(2019-03-31, 09:29)banesi Wrote: How does Netflix add-on work for you in regards to this?
Netflix add-on for me works great, but the problem with it, it doesn't keep my language preferences. Each time I read a movie, I have to select it again. And always have some sounds Cut off in DD+, but less than with Netflix app, very strange...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - chrisrey - 2019-03-31

I love Xiaomi support:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for Contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I understand that you are facing issue with the Netflix. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and would request you to follow the below mentioned steps.

For Application:-

1. Go to “Settings”

2. Select ”Device”

3. Select ”Apps”

4. Tap on the target app

5. Choose “Clear Data”

Or,

1. Un-install the targeted application

2. Then reinstall the same

If the issue persists, kindly follow the below mentioned steps.

For Factory Data Reset:-

1. Go to Settings

2. Select Devices

3. Select Storage and Reset

4. Select Factory Data Reset in order to resolve this issue

For Update:-

1. Go to Settings

2. Select About

3. Select System Update and update your Mi Box

For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Aman

Xiaomi Customer Support

After second try:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Xiaomi Customer Support. I am Saloni and sorry to know that you are facing issue with your Mi box.

I would like to inform you that we have already guided you with all the possible troubleshooting and would request you to please get in touch with your respective point of purchase for further assistance.

Hope the above information helps you. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Saloni

Xiaomi Customer Support

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - shrugg1e - 2019-04-01

I miss auto framerate switching for the Netflix App?!