Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noonzascript - 2017-01-05

I really hope Xiaomi release an update for DTS and HD audio passthrough if possible. It would be a great all rounder Android box if they ever do.

Edit: Anyone use Kodi + Harmony 650 Remote on this device? If so, care to share your setup? Would love to make use of the numbers, guide, info, play, stop buttons if possible.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Trunks78 - 2017-01-05

(2017-01-05, 06:38)noonzascript Wrote: Edit: Anyone use Kodi + Harmony 650 Remote on this device? If so, care to share your setup? Would love to make use of the numbers, guide, info, play, stop buttons if possible.

I'm using it with an Harmony One but you can only get the same buttons of the original remote. (as far as I know)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - alextav - 2017-01-05

I just tried to cast a video from a chrome tab in full screen and the video looks bad and I also have a vertical green line on the left side, if I don't use full screen everything works. Anyone else experiencing this?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mitalm - 2017-01-05

Looks like the Mi Box will be getting Google Assistant at some point!

http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14172000/google-assistant-android-tv-announced-ces-2017

I also take that to mean that Xiaomi will be issuing software updates going forwards! Smile

By the sounds of it we'll be able to just call out "Hey Google" but I'm not sure. Exciting stuff either way!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dukester - 2017-01-05

(2017-01-05, 16:34)mitalm Wrote: Looks like the Mi Box will be getting Google Assistant at some point!

http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/4/14172000/google-assistant-android-tv-announced-ces-2017

I also take that to mean that Xiaomi will be issuing software updates going forwards! Smile

By the sounds of it we'll be able to just call out "Hey Google" but I'm not sure. Exciting stuff either way!

You would think nexus phone users would have Google assistant over these TV boxes.. It's messed up. Lol

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - DaveNinja - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-05, 13:43)Trunks78 Wrote:
(2017-01-05, 06:38)noonzascript Wrote: Edit: Anyone use Kodi + Harmony 650 Remote on this device? If so, care to share your setup? Would love to make use of the numbers, guide, info, play, stop buttons if possible.

I'm using it with an Harmony One but you can only get the same buttons of the original remote. (as far as I know)

I found the same problem using a Harmony 650 (only can IR map the buttons found on the Mi Box remote) but I had a Flirc and was able to plug it in to assign the rest of the 650 buttons to xbox keyboard commands

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noonzascript - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-06, 02:00)DaveNinja Wrote: I found the same problem using a Harmony 650 (only can IR map the buttons found on the Mi Box remote) but I had a Flirc and was able to plug it in to assign the rest of the 650 buttons to xbox keyboard commands

Just ordered a Flirc, what Flirc profile did you use both of the Flirc software and Harmony software?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-01-06

Simplest way to do it is to program the FLIRC as a Full Keyboard, then cross reference the Kodi Wiki Keyboard control map.
Make sure when any Harmony remote is programmed, every button on the remote is assigned to a unique IR command with the Harmony Software.

Why ?

Well every one of those unique IR Harmony commands gets remapped to the Kodi Keyboard controls with the FLIRC software anyway.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ByteShare - 2017-01-06

(2017-01-06, 02:00)DaveNinja Wrote:
(2017-01-05, 13:43)Trunks78 Wrote:

I found the same problem using a Harmony 650 (only can IR map the buttons found on the Mi Box remote) but I had a Flirc and was able to plug it in to assign the rest of the 650 buttons to xbox keyboard commands

I'm using the Minix NEO A2 Lite and the extra buttons work for me, but it comes with a USB dongle. I don't know if you have that option with the Harmony 650. The only thing that doesn't work is the IR power button.

New Nvidia Shield TV was announced, I'm getting that and then I can wait and see if they fix the Mi Box and then it can be a bedroom player or if they don't maybe I can turn it into something useful? Suggestions?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gerardo - 2017-01-09

I just received my box and installed Jarvis, but now I'm trying to install Krypton.
So far, I didn't succeed.
I have tried with apk on usb and than instaal, no succes.
I have tried with downloading with ES file explorer no succes.
Can someone advise me how to install Krypton on my device please?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - woronczak - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-09, 15:23)gerardo Wrote: I just received my box and installed Jarvis, but now I'm trying to install Krypton.

Which apk are u trying to install? Link to file?
Make sure is arm 32 bit version (64 bit doesn't install)
Use this
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/kodi-17.0-Krypton_rc2-armeabi-v7a.apk

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gerardo - 2017-01-09

I thought I had to use 64 bit?
I will try 32 bit.
Thanks for your quick reply

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ByteShare - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-09, 15:23)gerardo Wrote: I just received my box and installed Jarvis, but now I'm trying to install Krypton.
Also make sure to enable unknown sources in the Android settings. I didn't have any issues after I enabled that setting and installed from USB with ES File Explorer.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - rodalpho - 2017-01-09

One major blocker people should be aware of for the US androidTV mibox (MDZ-16-AB) is there's no stable root. I use root to install an adblockers for youtube ads, and wouldn't buy an androidTV box without it.

XDA guys are working on a root, but it's been several months and still nothing really solid.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Trunks78 - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-09, 17:53)rodalpho Wrote: One major blocker people should be aware of for the US androidTV mibox (MDZ-16-AB) is there's no stable root. I use root to install an adblockers for youtube ads, and wouldn't buy an androidTV box without it.

I'm buiding a Pi-Hole for that...
Youtube and chrome are unusable without adblock.