Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - paradigmGT - 2017-01-18

Are you guys buying this box from Amazon? Or directly from the manufacturer? How long is it taking from the time of order to the time of delivery within the US? I also see that walmart has it listed for sale online...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - hdmkv - 2017-01-18

Only official places to buy in U.S. are from Xiaomi online or Wal-Mart (online or in-store).

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - crestorrep - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-15, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Long press the Power button I'm told now does a full shutdown. Short press puts the device into Standby.

When I do long press of power key, it asks to Reboot.

Before they removed the power key option, I had fiddled with the setting, I'm wondering if different users will have different outcomes of what power key does if they screwed with settings before they removed the option or if they defaulted everyone to the same. If they defaulted everyone to the same, then a long press should be option to reboot like it is for me.

If that's not the default for everyone, I want the option back as I'd much prefer to shut unit off than put in standby mode.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-18, 08:27)deebee Wrote: I'm running Kodi on a MIBox with a plug in, and it works just fine.
BUT after about 15 minutes into a film, the wi-fi stops working, and I have to reset the router. No device will connect to the wireless then until a router reboot.

The same router/wireless works perfectly day to day for Netflix app on the TV.

Any clue what might be happening with Kodi/Mibox?
I've experience this on another AMLogic test box and it was due to overheating, OR the router is overheating.

Sounds like you may have Faulty Hardware as I've not seen widespread reports of other users with the same problem.

What WiFi router do you happen to be using out of interest ?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - j0bb13 - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-17, 21:23)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 19:25)zenguy Wrote: Nothing seems simple with this little baby. Loving it anyway.

I want to use an usb ethernet adapter. I've been reading around in the thread I can't seem to figure whether a tp-link ue300 would be a good choice some say it's great but if I understand correctly others are saying the chipset is not a good choice.

What do you guys think?
The answer has already been given.

(2017-01-17, 08:19)wesk05 Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 07:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Ahh sorry missed that.

I did find this Web Page with some usefull info:

http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Ethernet_adapters

Looks like the TP-Link EU300, uses a RTL8153 Chipset.

http://www.gigandabit.com.au/html/product.php?id=E-TL-UE300
Just so that you know:
(2016-11-15, 05:25)wesk05 Wrote: I have not tested any USB Hub/Ethernet, but I have tested this Anker USB Gigabit adapter and it works fine. It should probably work fine with other adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset. I have also tested another USB Gigabit adapter with Realtek RTL8153 chipset and that doesn't work.

Then read this post about the known working ASIX Chipset USB to Ethernet dongles...which will be a much safer choice.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=275083&pid=2446197#pid2446197

The TL-UE300 works perfectly fine in my Xiaomi Mi Box (international version). It is supposed to have the RTL8153 chipset, but it seems to be a good USB to ethernet adapter for the Mi Box in my experience Smile I have some ASIX AX88772 dongles lying about (for Wii/Wii U reasons), which are cheaper and apparently a safer bet, but I'll just use the TL-UE300 for now.

Quick note: I do take the entire power off my tv and all electronics there if I'm not using it. There have been reports having to restart before the network adapter would work if you're using the standby mode. I can't confirm/deny this, since I don't use the standby mode, but maybe the TL-UE300 isn't the best choice if you do Wink

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - steslatt - 2017-01-18

My box came today, just trying to set it up for 4k using kodi. I have set the display settings in android to 4k2k 60hz. How can I verify that this is the resolution when playing a movie in kodi?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-01-18

You should not even need to verify because the Mi Box will be hard locked to that 4k2k 60hz Resolution & Refresh Rate due to no working Kodi dynamic refresh rate switching.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - steslatt - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-18, 14:06)wrxtasy Wrote: You should not even need to verify because the Mi Box will be hard locked to that 4k2k 60hz Resolution & Refresh Rate due to no working Kodi dynamic refresh rate switching.
Ok thanks, I was just a bit suspicious because it shows the resolution in system info as 1080p but I'm guessing thats the GUI only?

Next question. I'm using a harmony hub remote. I've set the device as MDZ-16-AA (AB not found) the controls work but its quite intermittent, sometimes key presses don't register. Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if the harmony remote uses IR or bluetooth?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Adfinni - 2017-01-18

Hi guys,

Looking to order this, but I'm based in the UK. I've seen a variety of links to these ordered from China, some seem good, some seem to be crossed out and not the right version.

Is this the correct version of the box I need to order?
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html?wid=4

Thanks.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - paradigmGT - 2017-01-18

Am I able to play music from my phone to this box via bluetooth?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ByteShare - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-18, 00:49)crestorrep Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Long press the Power button I'm told now does a full shutdown. Short press puts the device into Standby.

When I do long press of power key, it asks to Reboot.

Before they removed the power key option, I had fiddled with the setting, I'm wondering if different users will have different outcomes of what power key does if they screwed with settings before they removed the option or if they defaulted everyone to the same. If they defaulted everyone to the same, then a long press should be option to reboot like it is for me.

If that's not the default for everyone, I want the option back as I'd much prefer to shut unit off than put in standby mode.

You can define the preference in the settings: weather you'd prefer the long press to prompt a reboot or a shutdown. Personally I have it set to restart and I just put my device to sleep when I'm not using it.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dejavus - 2017-01-18

(2017-01-18, 14:06)wrxtasy Wrote: You should not even need to verify because the Mi Box will be hard locked to that 4k2k 60hz Resolution & Refresh Rate due to no working Kodi dynamic refresh rate switching.

Are your media playing back without issues?

I am having this flickering/ cracking sound every few minutes of playback when set to any 4K2K resolution and this happens in Youtube and Netflix and 4K mkv media playback.

Anyone seen this kind of issue before?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - steslatt - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-18, 21:15)dejavus Wrote:

Are your media playing back without issues?

I am having this flickering/ cracking sound every few minutes of playback when set to any 4K2K resolution and this happens in Youtube and Netflix and 4K mkv media playback.

Anyone seen this kind of issue before?

I had some issues similar to this at first but after messing with the wires it's been ok since. Maybe check your cables. A few of my 4k video have had audio out of sync but I'm not sure of that is the file of the media player. Either way it can be fixed in kodi.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - deebee - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-18, 08:47)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 08:27)deebee Wrote: I'm running Kodi on a MIBox with a plug in, and it works just fine.
BUT after about 15 minutes into a film, the wi-fi stops working, and I have to reset the router. No device will connect to the wireless then until a router reboot.

The same router/wireless works perfectly day to day for Netflix app on the TV.

Any clue what might be happening with Kodi/Mibox?
I've experience this on another AMLogic test box and it was due to overheating, OR the router is overheating.

Sounds like you may have Faulty Hardware as I've not seen widespread reports of other users with the same problem.

What WiFi router do you happen to be using out of interest ?

I'll have to look at router brand when I'm there next week.
When the router stops working, no other devices can connect, so must be the router, not the Mibox, that has freaked out.

But why...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-18, 16:07)Adfinni Wrote: Hi guys,

Looking to order this, but I'm based in the UK. I've seen a variety of links to these ordered from China, some seem good, some seem to be crossed out and not the right version.

Is this the correct version of the box I need to order?
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_426056.html?wid=4

Thanks.
Yes that is the correct version of the USA Spec Mi Box.
Other UK options are this one:
https://www.thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/mi-box/