Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - jakejm79 - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-13, 21:42)jaripetteri Wrote: How I can prevent Mi Box going to sleep? I have Kodi from Google Play installed. I like to use only TV's remote over HDMI-CEC and it's working nicely except I have to every time power on Box with its own remote. I see two possible solution here. Either prevent sleep or find a HDMI-CEC to power on Box but that may be difficult.

Is the device just going to sleep due to a timer or is the HDMI-CEC control sending a power off signal when you shut off the TV?
If its the former have you looked for the stay/keep awake option in developer settings? If its the later there should be an option in your TV settings to define which connected devices to send a power off command to when shutting off the TV.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - cdmonk - 2017-01-19

Long time XBMP/XBMC/KODI user. I just bought one of these through GearBest and received it a few days ago. Its a great little box which will replace my Asrock ION 330 which has been my main media PC for the last 8 years (with an original Xbox before that). The ION is still wonderful, however now that I have moved from a HD TV to a UHD TV i need to upgrade (like I did when I went from SD to HD).

The Mi Box is running 16.1 from the Play store (This is my first Android device apart from a cheap android media player from Aldi that is in the kids room, so i haven't looked in to side loading yet. Once I updated the firmware everything is running pretty well in Kodi playing h265 10bit UHD files, however bandwidth is my killer. I have a TP-Link UE300 USB to Ethernet adapter which was plug and play, but no good.

I found the post with bandwidth comparisons between USB to Ethernet adapter VS 801.11AC however i don't have an AC access point atm).

What UHD content are people playing as the content that I have has a data rate of about 65Mbit according to MediaInfo and even with a 400MB buffer (which I suspect is pushing it as its held in memory not disk) It just came keep up.

I don't think I am having any other issues, but I have not really put it through its paces. Bandwidth seems to be my main issue at the moment I think (and that 10bit h265 UHD files don't play in SPMC, but that is for a different forum Smile

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - stannoplan - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-18, 17:22)ByteShare Wrote:
(2017-01-18, 00:49)crestorrep Wrote:
(2017-01-15, 03:40)wrxtasy Wrote: Long press the Power button I'm told now does a full shutdown. Short press puts the device into Standby.

When I do long press of power key, it asks to Reboot.

Before they removed the power key option, I had fiddled with the setting, I'm wondering if different users will have different outcomes of what power key does if they screwed with settings before they removed the option or if they defaulted everyone to the same. If they defaulted everyone to the same, then a long press should be option to reboot like it is for me.

If that's not the default for everyone, I want the option back as I'd much prefer to shut unit off than put in standby mode.

You can define the preference in the settings: weather you'd prefer the long press to prompt a reboot or a shutdown. Personally I have it set to restart and I just put my device to sleep when I'm not using it.

Despite setting the preference it never worked. has anyone got it to shut down? Tonight, did new firmware (6.0.1 MHC19J699), the Power Key option has disappeared and now sleep or reboot only. Had a few occurrances of it getting pretty hot after the little f*cker keeps waking up at night.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Adfinni - 2017-01-19

(2017-01-19, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes that is the correct version of the USA Spec Mi Box.
Other UK options are this one:
https://www.thesolutionshop.co.uk/product/mi-box/

Brilliant, thanks for the link!

Well worth the extra £10 to grab one direct from the Uk over waiting a month for a boat from China.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - zarahi - 2017-01-20

If you live in Europe, geekbuying just posted a $8 coupon: WBRTRQJZ. It's shipped from Spain.

Link: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Mi-Box-4K-H-265-Android-Box-374192.html

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - KoopaTroopa - 2017-01-20

So....just got a new Hisense 4K TV, series 3 non HDR

The Mi Box worked for a few hours and then suddenly stopped responding to the remote. Unplug device, plug it back in, TV recognises it and displays the boot screen and it boots to the main menu, but remote STILL working.

I did some googling and found the press and hold left+centre button. This seemed to fix the problem.

Anyway, 10-15 mins later it stopped working again.

And here's where it gets weird, the HISENSE remote stopped responding to. I was not able to switch input from HDMI back to TV!

I had to physically unplug the Mi Box HDMI cable from the back of the TV, and the Mi Box is also unplugged from power.

By removing Mi Box from the equation, the TV now functions like normal.

Anyone had any issues like this with their Mi Box and their 4K TVHuh

I have set the TV to HDMI-CEC so that turning on the Mi Box will auto-switch input to HDMI for Mi Box use.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-01-20

Firmware update the Mi Box and the TV if you have not done so already would be my suggestion.
Mi Box Firmware update pops up in Android settings > About

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dyera - 2017-01-20

(2017-01-19, 08:58)cdmonk Wrote: Long time XBMP/XBMC/KODI user. I just bought one of these through GearBest and received it a few days ago. Its a great little box which will replace my Asrock ION 330 which has been my main media PC for the last 8 years (with an original Xbox before that). The ION is still wonderful, however now that I have moved from a HD TV to a UHD TV i need to upgrade (like I did when I went from SD to HD).

The Mi Box is running 16.1 from the Play store (This is my first Android device apart from a cheap android media player from Aldi that is in the kids room, so i haven't looked in to side loading yet. Once I updated the firmware everything is running pretty well in Kodi playing h265 10bit UHD files, however bandwidth is my killer. I have a TP-Link UE300 USB to Ethernet adapter which was plug and play, but no good.

I found the post with bandwidth comparisons between USB to Ethernet adapter VS 801.11AC however i don't have an AC access point atm).

What UHD content are people playing as the content that I have has a data rate of about 65Mbit according to MediaInfo and even with a 400MB buffer (which I suspect is pushing it as its held in memory not disk) It just came keep up.

I don't think I am having any other issues, but I have not really put it through its paces. Bandwidth seems to be my main issue at the moment I think (and that 10bit h265 UHD files don't play in SPMC, but that is for a different forum Smile

Im having the same as you... it plays for a few seconds but then complains about source rate being too low or something... and that is with AC wifi too, beggining to think maybe it just cant handle that high data rate...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - newlynx - 2017-01-20

Hello there,
I have a problem connecting to my TP-LINK (TL-WR841N) router which is the main one I am using. All my other devices (laptops,mobiles,tablets) connect without problem except Mi Box. But it can connect successfully to my secondary WiFi network. I have experimented with most TL-WR841N settings but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - crestorrep - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-20, 23:57)newlynx Wrote: Hello there,
I have a problem connecting to my TP-LINK (TL-WR841N) router which is the main one I am using. All my other devices (laptops,mobiles,tablets) connect without problem except Mi Box. But it can connect successfully to my secondary WiFi network. I have experimented with most TL-WR841N settings but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?

Not trying to insult your intelligence with these 2 suggestions, I don't know your level of expertise with routers.

Do you have latest firmware installed on your router? Have you done a hard reset of your router since the latest firmware install.

Also, in router settings, how many users is your router set to? IP Range.

My gut instinct would be this a router setting issue unless you have a defective Mi Box with maybe a bad wireless chip or something but then again, you said it connects to other network.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - woronczak - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-20, 23:57)newlynx Wrote: Hello there,
Any suggestions?

I did/do not have this particular router, but have had experience with cheap TP Link (and WD) equipment which had the same issues. When one device would connect, it would wipe out wifi for everything else. I am a bit of a cheapskate, so tried some other cheap ones but they were all frustrating. In the end I paid more to get a decent router and have had no such issues. The 300N that this one transmits is not really high enough for good quality videos anyways. Can you connect via ethernet (with a USB to ethernet adapter for the MiBox)? (this is infinitely more stable I have found that wifi). Maybe try to install dd-wrt on your router..

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - charliebrown - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-20, 17:31)dyera Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 08:58)cdmonk Wrote: Long time XBMP/XBMC/KODI user. I just bought one of these through GearBest and received it a few days ago. Its a great little box which will replace my Asrock ION 330 which has been my main media PC for the last 8 years (with an original Xbox before that). The ION is still wonderful, however now that I have moved from a HD TV to a UHD TV i need to upgrade (like I did when I went from SD to HD).

Im having the same as you... it plays for a few seconds but then complains about source rate being too low or something... and that is with AC wifi too, beggining to think maybe it just cant handle that high data rate...

Try turning off bluetooth, I had massive problems with the wifi when bluetooth where turned on, as soon as i turned it off it worked great.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - newlynx - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-21, 01:59)crestorrep Wrote: Do you have latest firmware installed on your router? Have you done a hard reset of your router since the latest firmware install.

I thought I had the latest version but I din't. I updated to the latest firmware and problem solved!
Thank youWink

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mariusvlad2 - 2017-01-21

Hy guys. After reboot my mibox is in restricted profile but do not know the pin to get him out of there. Any body help?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - crestorrep - 2017-01-21

(2017-01-21, 10:45)newlynx Wrote:
(2017-01-21, 01:59)crestorrep Wrote: Do you have latest firmware installed on your router? Have you done a hard reset of your router since the latest firmware install.

I thought I had the latest version but I din't. I updated to the latest firmware and problem solved!
Thank youWink

Excellent!