Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Sunshower - 2017-02-07

Does RSS Player work with Mi Box 3?
I tried to install using apk and succeeded, but it stops working whenever I try to open.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gotiuser01 - 2017-02-07

(2017-01-11, 06:48)wrxtasy Wrote: However ! There is hope coming with Kodi 18.0 Leia. 1080i H264 and mpeg2 deinterlacing is working with this test version:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20170107-2cda76f-mediacodec-armeabi-v7a.apk

Hint Select > Sync Playback to Display in Video settings. I believe it works in this version of Kodi Leia. I'm playing 25i OTA TV @ 60Hz and I can hear the Audio Pitch change as audio is resampled to Sync with the 60Hz video output.

Unfortunately the above test Kodi 18 Leia gives only half motion deinterlacing.

Hi wrxtasy,

Do you still keep a copy of that test build? It seems that they removed older files from the directory and I'd really like to see "Sync Playback to Display" working on my Mibox. SPMC offers that option but I suppose it works for other devices like Shield. On my Mibox it doesn't seem to work, or doesn't work the way I want it to (Speeding up 23.976 and 29.97fps content to 24 and 30fps)

EDIT: The reason I need that option is because, when I turn on the Motion Interpolation feature (soap opera effect. Many people don't like it but I like it a lot) on my TV, without syncing playback to my TV's refresh rate, I can see very obvious stuttering every now and then especially when I use strong Interpolation settings. With the sync option on I get ultra smooth playback (tested this on my Windows 7 HTPC)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-07

Did a Dropbox upload of the - test Kodi Leia 18 for Amazon VOD.

kodi-20170107-2cda76f-mediacodec-armeabi-v7a.apk

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gotiuser01 - 2017-02-07

(2017-02-07, 15:33)wrxtasy Wrote: Did a Dropbox upload of the - test Kodi Leia 18 for Amazon VOD.

kodi-20170107-2cda76f-mediacodec-armeabi-v7a.apk

Downloading now. Thanks a lot!!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - BoxFreak - 2017-02-07

Slightly OT, but is it possible to use IR or BT-remote to control playback when using Xiaomi Mi Box as Chromecast? It's quite annoying that I cannot use my Harmony Elite to control Chromecast playback, and I want a good excuse to buy Mi Box. Big Grin

Please help, New MI box, a couple of issues... - Bluegrass Picker - 2017-02-08

I just picked up a MI box and I'm having some issues that I hope someone could help with. (I spent quite a bit of time on the net and here on the forum searching for the answers, but I haven't found them yet).

1. I have a Pioneer stereo that uses Toslink optical input for sound. The MI will send 5.1 to my TV via HDMI and I can pass 5.1 to the Pioneer via Toslink just fine, but no DTS which I expected would be the case. Today I received a Toslink to 3.5mm adapter so I connected that to the MI, then Toslink cable to the Pioneer, set the MI in the Android TV settings for SPDIF (and also tried AUTO which set the box to SPDIF passthrough). Now using any app I get absolutely no sound sent to the Pioneer from the MI through the Toslink. This is before even trying Kodi. Am I doing something wrong, perhaps overlooking a setting? Pioneer is a few years old, no HDMI, has DTS and 5.1 capability.

2. A small (3 or 4 inch) circle appears on the screen at the very far right about half way up and stays there for a long time. It appears to have a part of a picture in it, but I cannot tell. (This is unrelated to the digital optical, as it has been happening since I received the MI, before connecting the Toslink). Is there a reason for that circle and can it be disabled?

I've spent hours trying to solve these problems, but to no avail....

Please help, and thanks in advance.

Bluegrass Picker

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-07, 21:55)BoxFreak Wrote: Slightly OT, but is it possible to use IR or BT-remote to control playback when using Xiaomi Mi Box as Chromecast? It's quite annoying that I cannot use my Harmony Elite to control Chromecast playback, and I want a good excuse to buy Mi Box. Big Grin
Just tested Netflix and yes you can control playback with the Wireless Mi Box Remote when Google Casting.

Google Casting using the Android TV App is not a comprehensive or reliable as using an actual Chromecast device, see the comments here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.mediashell&hl=en

Also Harmony Remotes can be programmed as a Xiaomi Mi Box3 and they will then mirror the buttons on the Wireless remote. There is a undocumented Infra Red receiver in the front of the Mi Box that works.

(2017-02-08, 02:54)Bluegrass Picker Wrote: 2. A small (3 or 4 inch) circle appears on the screen at the very far right about half way up and stays there for a long time. It appears to have a part of a picture in it, but I cannot tell. (This is unrelated to the digital optical, as it has been happening since I received the MI, before connecting the Toslink). Is there a reason for that circle and can it be disabled?
I cannot help with Optical but from this thread over in the Android sub-forum:

***** Kodi Krypton install problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

Q. I am seeing a strange small preview circle on the right centre of the screen ?
Your system is infected !
Its called the free ES File Explorer App. Which has now turned into the most annoying Adware, Bloatware, Spyware App on the Google Play Store. Uninstall it right away and use the X-Plore or Total Commander Apps instead.

Then warn others in the Google Play Store and Vote the ES File Explorer App 1 Star. Sad

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - hdmkv - 2017-02-08

You can get rid of that annoying circle in ES' settings... disable logging floating window.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Bluegrass Picker - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 03:08)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 02:54)Bluegrass Picker Wrote: 2. A small (3 or 4 inch) circle appears on the screen at the very far right about half way up and stays there for a long time. It appears to have a part of a picture in it, but I cannot tell. (This is unrelated to the digital optical, as it has been happening since I received the MI, before connecting the Toslink). Is there a reason for that circle and can it be disabled?

Q. I am seeing a strange small preview circle on the right centre of the screen ?
Its called the free ES File Explorer App. Which has now turned into the most annoying Adware, Bloatware, Spyware App on the Google Play Store. Uninstall it right away and use the X-Plore or Total Commander Apps instead.

Then warn others in the Google Play Store and Vote the ES File Explorer App 1 Star. Sad
Thank you for your quick and helpful reply.

I'll uninstall the ES and report back with the results.

Hopefully someone will help with the optical settings. I was hoping for DTS, but at this point I can't get any sound at all...

Thanks again,
Bluegrass Picker

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Bluegrass Picker - 2017-02-08

(2017-02-08, 03:37)hdmkv Wrote: You can get rid of that annoying circle in ES' settings... disable logging floating window.
Very interesting... Thanks!

(2017-02-08, 03:08)wrxtasy Wrote:

(2017-02-08, 03:37)hdmkv Wrote: You can get rid of that annoying circle in ES' settings... disable logging floating window.
Update on the circle issue: I disabled the logging floating window setting, and voila, no more circle!

Thanks.

Now if only I can find the right setting to get sound out to the Toslink...........

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Koying - 2017-02-08

Please don't spread this.
At this point ES Explorer must be considered malware...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - [email protected] - 2017-02-08

I have just installed Kodi Krypton on the Mi Box. However when I go in the video settings to change the resoluton to 4k the option of greyed out and the default resolution is 1080p. However the settings of my MI Box are 4k 60hz and Netflix works perfectly in 4k.

Any suggestions?

(2017-02-08, 09:43)Koying Wrote:
Please don't spread this.
At this point ES Explorer must be considered malware...
I totally agree with Koying, so do a LOT of devs. - WeTek even removed ES Explorer from their Android OS releases due to serious concerns.

I'm going to put a Warning in the START HERE thread about this nasty App as well.