Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Koying - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 09:43)alextav Wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to change the DNS settings in the mibox?

I don't, but you can do it for any device at your router level, based on the device MAC address

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gerardo - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 05:32)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 01:51)joalin Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 01:28)gerardo Wrote: Here is the logfile
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23969499/

I've never seen a log file that messed up with tons of pirate repos and pirate addons before. You'll have troubles getting help in here as long as they're in the log. It might be as easy as they're updating and causing the Mi box to freeze.
Yes that is exactly what is going to happen. And that will be the exact cause of all problems. Dodgy video sources.
No help will be provided, due to the number of banned Addons used and gerardo is on his own.

Delete Kodi completely. (long press over the Icon and move to Trash) And come to us with a Clean Kodi.

BTW Incomplete Log files, like the one above will not be looked at either.

I am not aware of having done something illegal. I have this box from Wallmart since end of December and installed everything like I read on the internet.In the beginning it was only possible to install Jarvis and so I did. Later there was an update and I got Krypton. Since then these troubles began.
What illegal stuff do you mean?
I now removed Kodi and did fresh install of Krypton from playstore. Now I still have the same problem(freeze after few minutes everytime at the same point of the episode of some series, while no problem on the pc).
I will try to send a new logfile.
btw how can I know what is illegal(is Exodus illegal?)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gerardo - 2017-02-11

Here is the logfile after clean install Krypton
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23972942/

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - mmpp - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 12:28)gerardo Wrote: btw how can I know what is illegal(is Exodus illegal?)

It is easy: If you can access copyrighted material without the proper licence, it is illegal. Please note that most of these "addons" actually turn you media box into a media server, that serves data in a peer-to-peer network, resulting in high cpu load and use of upstream bandwidth.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 12:28)gerardo Wrote: btw how can I know what is illegal(is Exodus illegal?)
Remember when you joined up something about Forum rules.... (top of the Hardware sub forum itself)

Forum rules

Everyone who uses the forum must read and follow the http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum_rules

Specifically Banned Addons...

(2017-02-11, 13:32)mmpp Wrote: It is easy: If you can access copyrighted material without the proper licence, it is illegal. Please note that most of these "addons" actually turn you media box into a media server, that serves data in a peer-to-peer network, resulting in high cpu load and use of upstream bandwidth.

Yes

Also - Hands up everyone who thinks Hola Is Great ! because it is free right ?

Wrong ! You are joining one of the Biggest Botnets on the Planet !

Hola Better Internet Sells Your Bandwidth, Turning Its VPN into a Botnet

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - alextav - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 11:45)Koying Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 09:43)alextav Wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to change the DNS settings in the mibox?

I don't, but you can do it for any device at your router level, based on the device MAC address

Yeah I know that's what I have now, but I thought maybe I'll try to find a more isolated solution just for the mibox. Sadly I don't see an option to access the advanced options in the wifi settings so I guess it's not possible. I'll just stick to what I have now.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Franktoni - 2017-02-11

(2016-10-09, 20:09)timstephens24 Wrote: While I was testing this I also tested out the speeds from an ethernet adapter vs 802.11AC and here are the results of three tests (using the Netflix app - I couldn't find a speed test TV app)
USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter: 41.33Mbps / 43.95Mbps / 42.43Mbps
802.11AC: 69.30Mbps / 63.84Mbps / 63.25Mbps

Do the speed results between usb 3 ethernet and ac wifi change post all the firmware updates?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - thesuffering - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 01:58)thesuffering Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 07:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [*]5.1 AC3/DD & DTS Audio passthrough works in Kodi Krypton RC with the IEC Audio passthrough option.

Where do I find IEC audio passthrough option in Krypton?

audio output device is greyed out
number of channels 2.0
allow passthrough-yes
passthrough output device greyed out (android, audiotrack)
dolby digital receiver-yes
enable dd transcoding-no
dd+ receiver-no
dts receiver-yes
dts-hd receiver-no
SPMC just garbles everything green on 4K videos. 16.1 Jarvis auto updated to 17. Id like to keep 17, but I cannot figure out DTS passthrough. I read through the thread but I guess Im not figuring it out still. The only thing I can get to work so far is to transcode to DD. Passthrough via IEC does work in SPMC, but again 4K doesnt work. I appreciate all the help you guys provide.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Xedos9er - 2017-02-11

My mi box Wifi AC Connection is maxing out my internet connection at 200mbits.
It connects @1300mbits theoretical speed. You should see about 450mbits real transfer speed on 80mhz channel width if you have good signal strenght.

Is there a way to change the key functions on the remote. I saw on aliexpress a original Xiaomi remote, wich had the context menu button instead of the speech button and the home button had 2 functions (home and speech via long press). In my opinion thats much better:

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-11

(2017-02-11, 20:09)Xedos9er Wrote: My mi box Wifi AC Connection is maxing out my internet connection at 200mbits.
It connects @1300mbits theoretical speed. You should see about 450mbits real transfer speed on 80mhz channel width if you have good signal strength.
I think you mean 200Mbps , AC WiFi @1300Mbps and 450Mbps ?

@thesuffering, Android Settings > About > System Update > Check for Update....

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - feathers - 2017-02-11

Yes you can, go to IP settings or Advanced settings inside your interface of choice. Choose Static rather than DHCP and follow the prompts. After you have finished it might still say DHCP there but if you back out of the menu you will see your IP has updated and your new DNS settings will be in play. You may have to reboot after this.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Xedos9er - 2017-02-12

@wrxtasy
Yes, 200Mbps, that's my internet provider speed and it gets maxed out by the mi box when i test on speedtest.net.
And yes, my wifi information shows 1300Mbps connection speed to my router, but that's just theoretical speed, real speed will be about 450Mbps. Any ideas how to measure real internal network speed?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - libratiger - 2017-02-12

Hi, would like to check with you guys on the following:

1. My LG OLED B6 plays youtube 4K with dolby surround (ARC to AVR) but the youtube app in MiBox (connected to AVR, video passthrough) plays the same file in youtube with only stereo.
2. The HDMI cable that came with MiBox seems to have problems sustaining 4K, deep color (option in screen resolution). Anyone else have this issue?
3. I tried playing some 4K, 10 bit with DTS-HD via SPMC and I get video (AVR passthrough) with sound jutter.
4. Are there better video players than SPMC in google playstore?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - thesuffering - 2017-02-12

(2017-02-11, 22:02)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 20:09)Xedos9er Wrote: My mi box Wifi AC Connection is maxing out my internet connection at 200mbits.
It connects @1300mbits theoretical speed. You should see about 450mbits real transfer speed on 80mhz channel width if you have good signal strength.
I think you mean 200Mbps , AC WiFi @1300Mbps and 450Mbps ?

@thesuffering, Android Settings > About > System Update > Check for Update....
hot damn, that did it. thanks!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - feathers - 2017-02-12

(2017-02-12, 01:48)Xedos9er Wrote: @wrxtasy
Yes, 200Mbps, that's my internet provider speed and it gets maxed out by the mi box when i test on speedtest.net.
And yes, my wifi information shows 1300Mbps connection speed to my router, but that's just theoretical speed, real speed will be about 450Mbps. Any ideas how to measure real internal network speed?

Never used it myself but http://www.tecmint.com/speedtest-mini-server-to-test-bandwidth-speed/