Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-17

I think I read somewhere in the Shield thread there might be an Android File System reading limitation in that you can only have one Root folder on a Hard Drive.

ie. Folders may need to be structured as a single root "Video Folder" then within that Folder have the Movies and TV Shows Folders.

I would say its experimentation time...

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - RambunctiousRog - 2017-02-17

No dramas with my 3TB Seagate portable drive connected, NTFS format so i can load massive video files, and my folders are side by side labeled like yours "Movies", "TV Shows" etc and had no trouble adding them as sources within Kodi.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - libratiger - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-13, 08:04)Xedos9er Wrote: @all who own a 4K TV
Please check your display settings after you shut down your TV and MiBox by remote controller. I noticed, that the settings switch back to 1080i 60hz and deep color off after every shut down?! I have to switch to 4k60hz and deep color ON after every shut down? Seems like a bug. That even happens when i switch off TV only.

Another question in terms of kodi. I noticed that the maximum setting of the Menu Resolution in Kodi is 1080, even when i changed my display settings to 4K before I start kodi. Bug? Feature? Not yet implementet??

BTW, 4K movies play fine and even all sound formats work via passthrough, yeeey

I have the same bugs. At first I thought it is a problem with the HDMI cable, so I changed to a premium certified cable and it is still the same.

4K 8 Channel sound does not play correctly.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - PeterMac - 2017-02-18

Have a question about "Audio" output SPDIF on MiBox 4K, does this audio output is optical only or also support digital electrical 3,5mm for jack - RCA cable ? Also analog stereo also support ?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - c.grex - 2017-02-18

I've had a good look through this thread and can see a little info on the audio pass through, but I'm not getting any HD audio to work?

I have
Passthrough ticked
DTS capable ticked
TrueHD ticked
DTS ticked

I have tried various files but I can't get them to pass HD audio. I get normal DTS no problem.

Am I missing something? Or is it not possible?

Files show as Dolby-HD 7.1 and DTS-MA 7.1

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-18

Are you running bang up to date Firmware and Kodi krypton ?

Check:
Android Settings > About > System Update > Check for Update....

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - c.grex - 2017-02-18

Kodi krypton and version 6.01 MHC19J 750

The same files passed through ok on a shield.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - woronczak - 2017-02-19

@cgrex What hardware do you have? What receiver? How is the MiBox connected to the receiver (ie directly or via TV)?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - 808? - 2017-02-19

(2017-02-17, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote: I think I read somewhere in the Shield thread there might be an Android File System reading limitation in that you can only have one Root folder on a Hard Drive.

ie. Folders may need to be structured as a single root "Video Folder" then within that Folder have the Movies and TV Shows Folders.

I would say its experimentation time...

(2017-02-17, 08:56)RambunctiousRog Wrote: No dramas with my 3TB Seagate portable drive connected, NTFS format so i can load massive video files, and my folders are side by side labeled like yours "Movies", "TV Shows" etc and had no trouble adding them as sources within Kodi.

Finally got it work with the folders Movies & TV Shows, setting content on each and all is well in Kodi land now. Smile

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-02-19

(2017-02-18, 18:22)c.grex Wrote: Kodi krypton and version 6.01 MHC19J 750

I would imagine you have checked Android Audio settings and made sure HDMI only Audio is selected ?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kourosh - 2017-02-19

Just got one of these box and was wondering....is there a guide to what should be ticked/selected in the audio section of kodi(18) and spmc.
I have a sound bar that is DTS HD and Dolby True HD capable
Many Thanks

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - c.grex - 2017-02-20

(2017-02-19, 02:04)woronczak Wrote: @cgrex What hardware do you have? What receiver? How is the MiBox connected to the receiver (ie directly or via TV)?

Sony str dh800 receiver - doesn't support 4K, but does support HD-Audio (Dolby True-HD & DTS-Master)
Samsung JU6400 4K TV.

Mi Box (Model MDZ-16-AB) HDMI > Sony AV HDMI > Samsung

Kodi 17 Allow Passthrough and 'Passthrough output device - android, audiotrack' is grayed out
With this I get no sound on my AV at all.

SPMC Allow Passthrough and 'Passthrough output device - android, IEC Passthrough' is now selected.
With these settings I get AV receiver showing that it is 7.1 DTS Master Audio, but the sound is just a series of pops.

(2017-02-19, 06:01)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 18:22)c.grex Wrote: Kodi krypton and version 6.01 MHC19J 750

I would imagine you have checked Android Audio settings and made sure HDMI only Audio is selected ?

Android set to HDMI audio

these are the test files (for anyone else that wants to try):
DTS HD Master
http://www.filedropper.com/71chdts-hdma-speakermappingtestfile

Dolby TrueHD
http://www.filedropper.com/71chdolbytruehd-speakermappingtestfile

I am guessing that the Mi Box will do pass-through for HD Audio but it is limited on the bit rate of the file. I also have a 30GB BluRay rip with MA audio that I can't get any passthrough but that works fine on a shield ( I borrowed the shield before buying mi box). So looking like a shield is the only way I'm going to get the Full HD audio passthrough I want! just at £190 it's a big jump!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - ingbrzy - 2017-02-20

For me pass-through works only few days after KODI 17.0 from play store installation and then somehow goes back to PCM only.. (tested on same files) and have to uninstall it and install again to get pass-through back...

PS: I have installed both, SPMC 16.5.82 and KODI 17.0...

So who still got PCM only, please try reinstall KODI from play store..

My setup: 4k SAMSUNG TV, YAMAHA HTR-4068..

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - woronczak - 2017-02-20

@c.grex

I have a Pioneer VSX S300 (entry level amp - DTS-HD / TrueHD but only 5.1). Kodi 17.0 from play store has never had an issue with DTS-HD or True HD passthrough for me (as you have said, you cannot change the passthrough device, you can only set to on or off). Those samples work fine for me (haven't found anything that doesn't play). Maybe try another HDMI cable? Definitely have the latest update to the MiBox installed (I think it is 750)? Maybe try uninstall / reinstall kodi? Factory reset as last resort

SPMC 16.5.5 doesn't work, but 16.5.80+ works as per Kodi 17 (set to IEC passthrough in SPMC)

@ingbrzy Not sure why it would change to PCM - you mean if you set it to HDMI, it somehow changes to PCM and won't let you change back to HDMI passthrough? Maybe again, try another cable

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - boood - 2017-02-20

Hello Gentlemen, I am The ASUS Xonar u7. After connecting the USB LED, potentiometer adjusts the volume as a pilot but unfortunately the sound is heard only on TV. Nowhere I do not see this card in the system or in kodi. If you have a DACA under the usb please check how it looks on you.