Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - garvani - 2017-04-05

we should launch a gofundme to purchase the beta update from ebay, probably end up costing us $5 each for a copy Smile. Im very surprised it hasn't leaked already though!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - AlexM-tvb - 2017-04-06

Hello. I also buyed an used Android TV MiBox (International) from ebay and i have a problem with Audio Out (Port):
- like i want to turn off SPDIF output, so i go in Audio-Settings and chosed only 'HDMI Mode' Output.. but the Sound is still coming,
trough my connected (3,5mm analog) Speakers -and- trough HDMI to TV at same time... so i have to plug out the Speakers.

-- also there is 'always' a Red Light coming out of the 3.5mm (Optical) Spdif-Port indicating that SPDIF is active.. even when,
i choose only to use HDMI Output in Settings (NOT PCM, Spdif, or Auto)

So my question is:
Could somebody who also has the Mi Box go in to Audio Settings and try the same.. switch to 'HDMI Mode'
and look if the Red light is still active at the Audio Port (but don't look to close OR to direct at the Red light.. is bad for the eyes then)
or just Plug In some Headphone/Speakers to see if SPDIF is still Active when you set only HDMI on your Box too, and is not just my Box
somehow faulty,
then i guess is a Android TV software problem not turning SPDIF off when not used.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-04-06

Quote:I just received this message because I have an a outstanding refund request.
Greetings! I understand your concern and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. I would like to inform you that we are rolling out a new update on 7th April. You can install that and update and check, whenever you receive it. Please get in touch with us if you need any further assistance. Regards, Anant Xiaomi Customer Support

http://en.miui.com/thread-428000-17-1.html

Agreed, use your eyeballs, and see what gives you a sharper, clearer picture.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Soli - 2017-04-06

My guess is 1080p. 720p panels never use native resolution anyways. It's better to rescale once from a higher resolution than do 2 pass, from 1080p , and then from 720p. But ymmv.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Geggins - 2017-04-06

Recently tried to play an anime bluray rip on this box, however the extreme stuttering rendered it unwatchable. It played a little more smoothly in MXplayer than in KODI, but the stuttering was still rather severe. Any idea what is going on? Have spent a very long time reading through this thread (so apologies if I've missed some relevant information), but I'm still unsure as to what is going on in this situation. Result was the same whether I was streaming over AC wifi or using a USB drive plugged into the box itself.

Media Info - pastebin.com

Thanks for any help with this.

Its Hi10P aka. 1080p H264 Anime (ie 10bit) - forget about it. 99% of media players cannot hardware decode that unsupported compression format. There may be one Rockchip device that can Hardware decode it. Not even sure that is reliable.

Quote:Title : 10bit H.264 - 1080p
You would need something like a Shield or decent Intel Box to CPU Software decode 1080p Hi10P H264 Anime. Get your fat Wallet out.... Wink

Use the PC / Mac program - Mediainfo - to inspect the problem files going forward.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Geggins - 2017-04-07

(2017-04-06, 17:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Its Hi10P aka. 1080p H264 Anime (ie 10bit) - forget about it.

Thanks for the reply. I had a sneaking suspicion that Hi10P encoding was the culprit, but having this confirmed is very helpful indeed. You've saved me a lot of time messing around fruitlessly trying to fix things - much appreciated!

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - tvniklas - 2017-04-07

Thanks for reply
Ive tried both and it seems from my spec of the tele that it supports 1080p but native is 720p.
It is a little bit more sharper in 720p from Mibox.
The funny thing is thar Spmc is locked to 1080P (greyed out) even when Mibox is set to 720 60hz, but it looks good

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dermo33 - 2017-04-07

One of the most annoying things for me on my mi box is the inability to shut down the device with the power key. I'm sure I read that other people had this same annoyance.

Today Im watching a youtube video with this reviewer who has a power key definition option in settings which can allow the user to choose if the power key shuts down the device or put it into suspend mode.

youtube video Link: at around 5 mins 3secs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rzSxdVoQDo

Why dont I have this option, Is it only available on the american model ?

Have just done some further reading and it seems that the option was taken out in one of the updates around January, thats pretty poor development

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kdnoel - 2017-04-07

(2017-04-07, 12:05)dermo33 Wrote: One of the most annoying things for me on my mi box is the inability to shit down the device with the power key. Im sure I read this other people had this same annoyance.

Today Im watching a youtube video with this reviewer who has a power key definition option in settings which can allow the user to choose if the power key shuts down the device or put it into suspend mode.

I'm experiencing the same thing on my American model.
I just go to settings and reboot every now and then.
I'm hoping that the new update fixes this.
I'm reading that today is the release of the update.

Sent from my XT1585

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - drugrep - 2017-04-07

(2017-04-07, 12:05)dermo33 Wrote: One of the most annoying things for me on my mi box is the inability to shut down the device with the power key. I'm sure I read that other people had this same annoyance.

Have just done some further reading and it seems that the option was taken out in one of the updates around January, thats pretty poor development

I assume the video you watched was before 1 of the 2 updates they've had so far. Ability was lost after 1st or 2nd update, I can't remember which.

On another note......I'll be checking for update multiple times over the next few days. I really hope it comes today, I'm excited.

(2017-04-07, 12:12)kdnoel Wrote: I'm experiencing the same thing on my American model.

Sent from my XT1585 (typie typie)

Apparently if you hit the power button and the reboot pop up comes up, you just hit the power button again and then it shuts down,
Dont think this works though because when I turn it on again , same apps are open.

Yea, Im just about ready for the next update, should fix a lot

(2017-04-07, 12:33)drugrep Wrote: On another note......I'll be checking for update multiple times over the next few days. I really hope it comes today, I'm excited.

Is the update scheduled for release soon ?

Wonder should I do a hard reset after updating,
Don't like the idea of wiping all those kodi add ons and tv guide setup I have, but suppose will be worth it for best
performance

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kdnoel - 2017-04-07

(2017-04-07, 12:56)dermo33 Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 12:12)kdnoel Wrote: I'm experiencing the same thing on my American model.

Sent from my XT1585 (typie typie)

Apparently if you hit the power button and the reboot pop up comes up, you just hit the power button again and then it shuts down,
Dont think this works though because when I turn it on again , same apps are open.

Yea, Im just about ready for the next update, should fix a lot
I think that just puts it to sleep.
That's why you see the same stuff open.
(2017-04-07, 13:04)dermo33 Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 12:33)drugrep Wrote: On another note......I'll be checking for update multiple times over the next few days. I really hope it comes today, I'm excited.

Is the update scheduled for release soon ?

Wonder should I do a hard reset after updating,
Don't like the idea of wiping all those kodi add ons and tv guide setup I have, but suppose will be worth it for best
performance

Sent from my XT1585