Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - pbills - 2017-04-07

So much for the update that was supposed to be released today.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2017-04-07

Not everything you read on the internet is true.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - marly402 - 2017-04-08

(2017-02-01, 09:25)Notrial Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a weird and very annoying WIFI issue with my MI box. It works perfectly in all all apps but Kodi Krypton RC4 (in other apps downloads at 50Mb normally, which is my max connection measured in Ookla Speedtest.).
In Kodi it keeps losing connection and ping is awful, which results in a lot of fail plugin downloads, subtitles take forever to download (and multiple tries etc.). In SPMC from what I see, I don't have the same issue.
What's even weirder, streaming from my Synology Nas (in Kodi) works perfectly, so it just seems to be Internet connection issue (local WIFI works fine). Btw I have Netgear R7000, so it's not some crappy router.

Please let me know if anyone experienced same issues, or if there are any hidden network options in Kodi I can tweak (I only see proxy options in the main menu).
your isp could be slowing your speed down. they are closing ports to download sites. a good vpn will take care of it. i use a german ip, usa ip will not work me

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - crestorrep - 2017-04-08

Well I will say if beta testers just started getting it on the 30th, it does seem a little early for final to be rolled out. I'm remaining patient.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Asbelfast - 2017-04-08

Is it worth picking up this to run kodi on? Mostly for streaming the football UFC etc?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - timstephens24 - 2017-04-08

Streaming it how?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - noggin - 2017-04-08

(2017-04-08, 08:53)Asbelfast Wrote: Is it worth picking up this to run kodi on? Mostly for streaming the football UFC etc?

If you are paying for those services and need to watch using Android apps, then it might make sense if those apps are Android TV friendly (or can be sideloaded), or if there are subscription free, authorised apps, then the Mi box may be a good solution. (It has real limitations in Kodi terms though - no refresh rate switching, and I think it has issues with 23.976/59.94 content?)

If you are talking about watching streams of subscription content without payment - no discussion of that will be tolerated here.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons
(Just because an add-on isn't on that list - it doesn't mean discussion is permitted.)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - dixita - 2017-04-08

Hello.. just want to buy..can share the limitation of Android TV set-top box?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gwlbe - 2017-04-09

No FLAC 5.1 playback. Kodi V 17.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kdnoel - 2017-04-09

(2017-04-08, 12:38)dixita Wrote: Hello.. just want to buy..can share the limitation of Android TV set-top box?
Depending on app expectations some have been disappointed that the Playstore for the TV is not inclucive of all the mobile apps and they have to be side-loaded. I'm happy that most all video related apps are in the TV Playstore with the big screen interface.
The only other issue is if you are a power gamer. Buy an Nvidia Shield if you want high-end gaming but you'll pay 3 times the cost of the Mi Box.
You can not beat the Mi Box for the money and direct support from Google.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy your 70.00 Mi Box!

Sent from my XT1585

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - joalin - 2017-04-10

(2017-04-09, 13:35)kdnoel Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 12:38)dixita Wrote: Hello.. just want to buy..can share the limitation of Android TV set-top box?
Depending on app expectations some have been disappointed that the Playstore for the TV is not inclucive of all the mobile apps and they have to be side-loaded. I'm happy that most all video related apps are in the TV Playstore with the big screen interface.
The only other issue is if you are a power gamer. Buy an Nvidia Shield if you want high-end gaming but you'll pay 3 times the cost of the Mi Box.
You can not beat the Mi Box for the money and direct support from Google.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy your 70.00 Mi Box!

Sent from my XT1585 (typie typie)

I second this. I can recommend the Google play app "Set orientation" to force the Mi box to always open non Android TV apps in landscape mode. Very useful.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - toniolol - 2017-04-10

I tried several and the best/easier is Rotation Lock Adapative.
The other and best way for me is to use App Cloner. Your could generate an "Android TV App" so could launch it from desktop like regular Android TV app and you could force the orientation with it !
The only matter is that your app won't update automatically.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Jewrye - 2017-04-11

Does this device actually output at 4k with kodi? The option to change display resolution is grey and shows 1080p, so I'm guessing the device is just upscaling kodis rendering?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-04-11

Are your actual Android Settings selected to a 2160p60Hz Resolution first ?

If they are all video content that is not actual 2160p(4K) will be upscaled by the Mi Box hardware.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Asbelfast - 2017-04-11

So is it worth getting on of these boxes to stream the football on?

Also is there anywhere I can buy this box with kodi pre loaded?