Kodi Community Forum
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=275083)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - Ultraschorsch - 2017-04-20

I just got this box and updated to the most recent version. I read that this last update seems to have broken HDMI CEC for some users. Is this the case for all users or is there a setting somewhere to activate that functionality?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - papadadfather - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 08:21)kyrliot Wrote: Nba app has audio-picture sync issues. Confused Kodi nba League pass add on works well but sometimes doesn't find correct URL and doesn't work.

Help me with Kodi.

I installed Kodi through the Play Store, then the NBA add-on. I'm able to login and browse the games normally but when I try to start watching a VOD it first tries to load the stream for a full minute or so and then gives an error message about not being able to open the stream. Always ends the same. Haven't tried it with live broadcasts yet, I mostly watch on-demand.

When I install the add-on it also always at first complains about cache something, but then eventually proceeds to install the add-on and there are no more error messages. I've done this step a few times.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-04-20

These things just keep getting cheaper....

USD$56.49 with coupon MIBOX

No idea how reliable these guys are.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - woronczak - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 07:32)papadadfather Wrote: The NBA League Pass app has weird audio issues for me, audio is several seconds off on some broadcasts. Never ran into this issue watching through a browser on my pc or even other Android devices. The Mi Box has its own version of the NBA app that is different from any other I've seen. There's posts about this on the Xiaomi message boards but solution on sight: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-box-4k-international-nba-league-pass-audio-sync-issue.37161/

Also the Mi Box version is the NBA LP app is stripped down and missing some broadcast options that all the others have. I have would love to just be able to install the usual NBA Android app.

Anyone wrestled with these same issues?

Yeah - have had the same problem. Although you can install it fresh from the Play Store, that didn't seem to make any difference to the sound lag. I have found that setting the Display to 1080/60 fixes the lag, at least on NBA TV (1080/24 is definitely way out of sync). HDMI self adaptation on or off doesn't seem to make a difference - just the resolution setting. Unfortunately, most of time this doesn't fix live games though

The Add-on in Kodi I think has superior picture even still (and no sync issues even with 1080/24 selected), but is prone to dropping out every now and then (on live games only) which is a bit annoying

Hope that helps.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - gwlbe - 2017-04-20

Before I return it, is it possible for this box to play multichannel FLAC? I rolled back Kodi to 16, and it still didn't play them 5.1. I had a similar issue with the Fire TV 2, Kodi 17 doesn't do multichannel FLAC but 16 does. Thanks in advance for any help.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - toniolol - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 11:25)wrxtasy Wrote: These things just keep getting cheaper....

USD$56.49 with coupon MIBOX

No idea how reliable these guys are.

Be carreful because the picture of the remote is not an Android Tv remote bute a full Android.

(2017-04-20, 08:21)kyrliot Wrote: Nba app has audio-picture sync issues. Confused Kodi nba League pass add on works well but sometimes doesn't find correct URL and doesn't work. I wanted to use mi box for streaming nba, Netflix and maybe Amazon prime video instead of my ps4 but nothing work 100%, for me. Netflix because of no 5.1 sound, I don't have dd+ audio receiver, nba playback issues and prive video doesn't work. Fortunately ps4 plays these 3 services streaming super fine but I had to make an American account to download Amazon prime app and a Canadian for nba app that logs in to an international league pass account :p

P.S Is there a way to downgrade to marshmallow from beta nougat? Flashing the former as update.zip doesn't work.

I have tried flashing all the old available ROMs (204, 454, 750) via recovery or direct install (you need to have the zip file and another xiaomi-update file on a USB disk and then hold centre and back buttons as you plug in the power - it tries to automatically upgrade from the usb stick) and even ADB (enable developer options in Android and then connect via ADB and "adb sideload update.zip" - doesn't let you transfer the file across). I think it is because the images available are not complete - just updates. As the nougat one is a different version (7) it won't let you update to anything except the same one again (Android 7), whereas with the marshmallow versions, you could downgrade using the previously mentioned methods.
Having said that, Nougat seems snappier and otherwise works fine, so no great loss. I would assume (hopefully) that we can use the OTA update when the proper nougat one comes out (or via the same method as the leaked nougat beta, update the soon-too-be released nougat via usb).

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - papadadfather - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 11:34)woronczak Wrote: Yeah - have had the same problem. Although you can install it fresh from the Play Store, that didn't seem to make any difference to the sound lag. I have found that setting the Display to 1080/60 fixes the lag (1080/24 is definitely way out of sync). HDMI self adaptation on or off doesn't seem to make a difference - just the resolution setting.

The Add-on in Kodi I think has superior picture even still (and no sync issues even with 1080/24 selected), but is prone to dropping out every now and then (on live games only) which is a bit annoying

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll look into the Display options.

I'd like to try it through Kodi but I have issues with that as well that. I wrote about them here:

(2017-04-20, 10:40)papadadfather Wrote: I installed Kodi through the Play Store, then the NBA add-on. I'm able to login and browse the games normally but when I try to start watching a VOD it first tries to load the stream for a full minute or so and then gives an error message about not being able to open the stream. Always ends the same. Haven't tried it with live broadcasts yet, I mostly watch on-demand.

When I install the add-on it also always at first complains about cache something, but then eventually proceeds to install the add-on and there are no more error messages. I've done this step a few times.

Any ideas?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kyrliot - 2017-04-20

Last time I used kodi nba addon was 2-3 days ago to see on demand the second Spurs game, nowI have error messages even in that game. Maybe something changed in the site and the addon needs update. It has happened before. I agree picture from kodi is better than any Android NBA app, I have another also android box but ps4 nba app has, in my eyes, a slightly better picture.

P.S Someone said that with the latest marshmallow update, usb LAN hub that wasn't working, now works. I can confirm that with beta nougat the some happened with a second lan hub I have. Probably they have installed more drivers.

(2017-04-20, 13:25)kyrliot Wrote: Last time I used kodi nba addon was 2-3 days ago to see on demand the second Spurs game, nowI have error messages even in that game. Maybe something changed in the site and the addon needs update. It has happened before. I agree picture from kodi is better than any Android NBA app, I have another also android box but ps4 nba app has, in my eyes, a slightly better picture.

P.S Someone said that with the latest marshmallow update, usb LAN hub that wasn't working, now works. I can confirm that with beta nougat the some happened with a second lan hub I have. Probably they have installed more drivers.

It seems the Kodi addon is broken - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124716&page=49
While I applaud the devs for trying to get it going, I have been trying it off and on for years but unfortunately it has always been a bit buggy, especially with Live Games - drops out all the time.

For the Mi Box, like I said, 1080/60p works fine for me (edit but only on NBA TV, not games). Also, if you cast it from a mobile device to the MiBox, it works fine regardless of the original resolution on the MiBox, so that might be another (slightly more annoying) option for you.

Cheers

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - SWADED - 2017-04-20

Does any one else has issues with their external HDD? Even if the mi box is off (standby) my HDD was still on.
Now its bricked and gives a Cyclic Redundancy error.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - wrxtasy - 2017-04-22

Thanks to @Tinwarble for the heads up, I've been testing an alternate @fritsch's Kodi 17.2RC1 build.

kodi-20170411-91c472b-notsoshitty-armeabi-v7a.apk

This can be installed straight over any existing Kodi Krypton already present. No Settings are lost.

This release works around the broken H264 and mpeg2 Deinterlacing issues whenever a OTA TV channel is changed.
However 4:3 Aspect Ration detection is buggy for mpeg2 720x576i here.
That can be worked around with a tweak to Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > Display 4:3 Videos as Stretch 16:9

Deinterlacing still appears to be Half motion only, so 25fps fast action sports with moving footballs will display multiple footy trails onscreen on the Mi Box. Full motion deinterlacing (50fps in this case) would give you a sharp, high quality picture output with solid images if it was working properly.

Marshmallow Firmware on the WeTek Hub, produces correct Full Motion Deinterlacing with this Kodi Krypton. Even then its not reliable.
(hint turn on Kodi Logging and watch the fps readout)

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - kyrliot - 2017-04-22

Kodi nba league pass addon works fine with SPMC. I am watching bucks vs raptors now, streaming live.

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - johnnylaiyee - 2017-04-24

(2017-04-16, 18:28)cineaste Wrote: After applying the update it displayed that my TV is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, so I had to connect the box directly to my TV instead of my Denon receiver. Is there something I can do to fix this, or should I revert to previous firmware? I am worried that I might not be getting proper surround sound through my Mi box now!

EDIT: Is the Plex AC3 bug fixed? PlexKodiConnect on SPMC works like a charm, but it would be good to see Plex working properly.

I have problem with my Denon receiver too similar to yours.

I can only see HD logo in Netflix when connecting my Mi Box to my Denon AVR-X510BT and then my LG 4K TV (DD+ works though).
Also, HDR is not working in Kodi.

But when I connect the Mi Box directly to my TV, it shows ULTRA HD 4K in netflix and the HDR pops up when I play according video in Kodi.

Anyone has similar problem?

RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - astroboydivx1 - 2017-04-24

(2017-04-16, 14:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Nougat 7.0.0 Beta Update done here as well, went smoothly....

Download Nougat Update.zip

- Save to a Fat32 formatted USB Stick
- Either Hold Down Mi Box Power Button and reboot or unplug Power Cord
- While rebooting or Reinserting Power Cord - hold down remote Back & large OK buttons to enter Recovery
- Update from EXT and select your USB - update.zip file
- Reboot

TIPS:
Double Pressing the Small Center Button enters Minimised Apps Screen
Picture in Picture works - I can watch OTA TV via Live Channels / TvHeadend whilst playing about with Android
Android Settings - HDMI CEC configuration is back

Observations:
HD Netflix with 5.1 Audio works (I have a DD+ capable TV)
5.1 AC3 Passthrough in Kodi Krypton works
No Kodi dynamic refresh switching disappointingly - lets see what the final release brings.
Nougat is at least 2X faster than Marshmallow - the remote is now ultra responsive Smile

I've have had the Leanback Launcher crash on me once. There are a few bugs still to squash it seems.

Hi WRXTasy,

Do you know if the 'write to usb' issue is resolved with Nougat?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308040