Kodi Community Forum
v16 Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Tvheadend (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=168)
+---- Thread: v16 Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working (/showthread.php?tid=278293)

Pages: 1 2

Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - mdawid - 2016-06-03

Hi All,

I have an issue streaming German DVB-T2 HD live tv (HEVC, H.265) via kodi and the tvheadend HTSP plugin. When I start streaming a channel kodi starts buffering, but afterwards nothing happens. I can see from my tvheadend backend status pane, that the stream is running, and the subscription is starting.

If I record a show on the HD channel, I can watch the show with no issues. So it seems not to be a kodi issue - I did not expect kodi having problems with HEVC due to this http://kodi.wiki/view/HEVC.

Can it be a problem with the tvheadend htsp plugin?

I tried it on my Lenovo laptop with an core i5 processor on Windows 10 and on Linux Mint 17.3. Both were running kodi 16.1, none of them could start streaming.

My tvheadend version is 4.0.8 and runs on raspbian jessie.

I already experimented with my video-accelleration settings due to this thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261370), but no setting seemed to work.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Michael

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - Saprophator - 2016-06-09

Hey,

I got the exect same issue.

I got tvheadend in 4.0.9 I tried to get this working on Kodi for Windows/Linux/Android nothing worked.
Stream starts to buffer but nothing happens.

I get lots of errors like this in the log:
Code:
OpenELEC:~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend # tail -f service.log
2016-06-09 17:45:01.670 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: TELETEXT @ #1382 Continuity counter error (total 12)
2016-06-09 17:45:01.670 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: EAC3 @ #1378 Continuity counter error (total 17)
2016-06-09 17:47:23.451 [   INFO] subscription: 0008: "HTTP" unsubscribing, hostname="192.168.1.154", client="VLC/2.2.1 LibVLC/2.2.1"
2016-06-09 17:55:53.627 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: HEVC @ #1377 Continuity counter error (total 51)
2016-06-09 17:55:53.651 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: EAC3 @ #1378 Continuity counter error (total 19)
2016-06-09 17:55:53.651 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: TELETEXT @ #1382 Continuity counter error (total 15)
2016-06-09 18:05:23.404 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD Transport error indicator (total 137)
2016-06-09 18:05:23.404 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: HEVC @ #1377 Continuity counter error (total 52)
2016-06-09 18:05:23.404 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: EAC3 @ #1378 Continuity counter error (total 20)
2016-06-09 18:05:23.462 [WARNING] TS: dvb-t2/722MHz/ZDF HD: TELETEXT @ #1382 Continuity counter error (total 16)

It has to be the HTSP Plugin. I can stream to VLC flawlessly.
see the picture:http://i.imgur.com/kAdyE1I.png
As you can see there is no data under output for Kodi but for VLC there is data under output and input.

I only got the stuff yesterday, but im already running out of options here
Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - nickr - 2016-06-10

No debug log (wiki) no issue.

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - mdawid - 2016-06-10

Hi,

meanwhile i made some researches on Tvheadend.org. I found several Tickets indicating, that it seems to be an tvheadend issue.

https://tvheadend.org/issues/3695

https://tvheadend.org/issues/2940

The discussion in the last ticket is interesting. Rafal Kupiec in #32 claimes, that he is able to run a HEVC coded UHD/4K channel with a tvheadend version build from sources (4.1-467~ge2ee2a7). The interesting part ist, that he is using the Kodi-htsp-plugin v2.1.17. I checked it in my Kodi Installation, and i have already version 2.1.18. Therefore i suppose, that the plugin shouldn't have any issues at all with HEVC/H.265 coded streams (holy cow 4K/UHD stream, and i just want to watch HD channels Undecided).

In the Roadmap it is stated, that HEVC will be supported with the upcomming tvheadend version 4.2. Furthermore they say that 4.1 will be omitted.

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/roadmap

I guess we have to options
- Wait for the 4.2 Release of tvheadend
- Try a tvheadend version compiled from source (maybe i take a look into it)

Michael

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - nickr - 2016-06-10

4.2 is available on libreelec.

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - sarbes - 2016-06-10

I have a LibreELEC installation here and it is working fine with the new DVB-T2 signal. No special setting needed, everything worked out of the box (local and remote playback).

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - Saprophator - 2016-06-10

(2016-06-10, 13:17)membrane Wrote: I have a LibreELEC installation here and it is working fine with the new DVB-T2 signal. No special setting needed, everything worked out of the box (local and remote playback).

Hey, thanks for the info.
Are you on the alpha release or the regular?
I couldn't find any information which version contains what.

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - sarbes - 2016-06-10

Just the generic 7.0.1.

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - anthonytex - 2016-06-11

Hello guys, so I've encountered your problem yesterday for the first time while I was going to see Euro 2016 's first match. The issue is the same that you are describing so if I start a channel no audio and no video BUT tvheadend shows the subscription. I'm using the last git and the problem is still present NOTE: the problem was fixed (some time ago) for 4K hevc main10 videos but as it seems not for 4K hevc videos so it works(last git version) for 10 bit videos and not for 8bit standard video. I never encountered this problem because most TV providers are offering 4K channels with hevc main 10 but strangely my local provider (and maybe other) was offering the match with hevc main. As I said the last version of tvheadend works well with hevc main 10 channels but not with hevc main. I've opened a bug report and hope it will be fixedSmile

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - mdawid - 2016-06-15

(2016-06-10, 13:17)membrane Wrote: I have a LibreELEC installation here and it is working fine with the new DVB-T2 signal. No special setting needed, everything worked out of the box (local and remote playback).

I set up a raspberry 3 with LibreELEC and was able to install TVHeadend 4.2 plugin. Configuration of TVHeadend was fine (via web). I was also able to view a stream via Laptop (Linux Mint stanard video player, not VLC). But i was not able to connect via Kodi and HTSP plugin to the tvheadend instance on the raspberry. Neither locally from LibreELEC nor from my Laptop (both running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis).

I have configured the HTSP plugin (no user or password), and activated TV in the settings. As soon as i had done this, i saw the popup showing up for a few seconds, that it syncs the backends channels. But afterwards i had no TV menu item as i would expect it.

This is what i get from the log, when i try to connect via HTSP plugin:

Code:
09:37:10 T:7508   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command getDiskSpace failed: Unable to stat path
09:37:10 T:11196  NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started

Any Ideas?

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - anthonytex - 2016-06-17

(2016-06-15, 09:39)mdawid Wrote:

I set up a raspberry 3 with LibreELEC and was able to install TVHeadend 4.2 plugin. Configuration of TVHeadend was fine (via web). I was also able to view a stream via Laptop (Linux Mint stanard video player, not VLC). But i was not able to connect via Kodi and HTSP plugin to the tvheadend instance on the raspberry. Neither locally from LibreELEC nor from my Laptop (both running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis).

I have configured the HTSP plugin (no user or password), and activated TV in the settings. As soon as i had done this, i saw the popup showing up for a few seconds, that it syncs the backends channels. But afterwards i had no TV menu item as i would expect it.

This is what i get from the log, when i try to connect via HTSP plugin:

Code:
09:37:10 T:7508   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command getDiskSpace failed: Unable to stat path
09:37:10 T:11196  NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started

Any Ideas?

At the end have you been able to make it working? Smile just for information the channels that were not working (with htsp) have, in the services list, got a "service name"? Second if you click edit on a service that doesn't work in the services ' list and at the bottom of the pop up window you click to "read only information", has that channel a service id? why am asking this? because i've the same problem that you have described about "htsp" that doesn't buffer and these that i've asked are the only two strage things that my not working channel has: No service name and no service id thanks Wink

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - ralatick - 2016-06-17

(2016-06-17, 19:22)anthonytex Wrote: At the end have you been able to make it working? Smile just for information the channels that were not working (with htsp) have, in the services list, got a "service name"? Second if you click edit on a service that doesn't work in the services ' list and at the bottom of the pop up window you click to "read only information", has that channel a service id? why am asking this? because i've the same problem that you have described about "htsp" that doesn't buffer and these that i've asked are the only two strage things that my not working channel has: No service name and no service id thanks Wink

Hi

can´t answer for mdawid but my not working channels have a service name and id

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - anthonytex - 2016-06-18

(2016-06-17, 21:52)ralatick Wrote:
(2016-06-17, 19:22)anthonytex Wrote: At the end have you been able to make it working? Smile just for information the channels that were not working (with htsp) have, in the services list, got a "service name"? Second if you click edit on a service that doesn't work in the services ' list and at the bottom of the pop up window you click to "read only information", has that channel a service id? why am asking this? because i've the same problem that you have described about "htsp" that doesn't buffer and these that i've asked are the only two strage things that my not working channel has: No service name and no service id thanks Wink

Hi

can´t answer for mdawid but my not working channels have a service name and id

So, if a service has or not has a service name is not related by the way i mean this with service id, sorry for the "translation" typo, i mean "service type id", for example every working channel that i've that is working has it != 0:

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - ralatick - 2016-06-18

Hi

channel has a service type
LINK

br

ralatick

RE: Streaming of HEVC DVB-T2 channels is not working - anthonytex - 2016-06-18

(2016-06-18, 22:03)ralatick Wrote: Hi

channel has a service type
LINK

br

ralatick
Hi, thanks again for your answer, so let's exclude these things related to services ... the only thing that both of us have, at the end, should be hevc. Am I wrong? Because the channel that doesn't work for me it's a 4k hevc channel... I've the last git version and it is still not working. Someone , as I read solved this problem by delete completely the "hts" folder and recreate a new refresh config. Honesty I've not tried this yet, and I think it would be the last thing to try because if it's a "random bug" it could appear anytime. I opened a bug report but nobody has answered, sadly.