Kodi Community Forum
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control (/showthread.php?tid=278842)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - malkair - 2017-01-23

Hi all. I just got a T3 to control Kodi (Jarvis) on Windows 10. Bought in Amazon, around 16€:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01K78QKCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine has the microphone button and the Explorer button (just above). Doesn't have the "Apps" button.
As expected, Zoom In, Zoom out, Recent and Browser buttons are not detected by Showkey nor Kodi.
Microphone Button (not mappeable) makes the led green continously, but I can't do anything.
Other buttons except Power can be remapped.

First, I created an AutoHotKey script to "deactivate" the MAIL button (as it launches Chrome in my system which is weird), and set HOME button to launch Kodi:

Code:
vkb4::vkff ; "deactivate" MAIL button
vkac::
IfWinExist Kodi
    WinActivate
else
{
    Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
    Winwait Kodi
    WinActivate Kodi
}
return

Script works pretty well.

I mapped the "Magnify" button to STOP on Kodi and some other buttons (ie BACK mapped to true back, not "ESCAPE", RED button to "NextAudioTrack", GREEN button to"NextSubtitle", VIDEO button to "INFO", etc), just for my convenience.

My last trouble is that Power button actually TURNS OFF computer. I would rather prefer to SUSPEND, but not sure how to proceed. Can't find a way to get it using Autohotkey. Can you provide me some clues?

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-23

(2017-01-23, 19:19)malkair Wrote: Hi all. I just got a T3 to control Kodi (Jarvis) on Windows 10. Bought in Amazon, around 16€:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01K78QKCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine has the microphone button and the Explorer button (just above). Doesn't have the "Apps" button.
As expected, Zoom In, Zoom out, Recent and Browser buttons are not detected by Showkey nor Kodi.
Microphone Button (not mappeable) makes the led green continously, but I can't do anything.
Other buttons except Power can be remapped.

First, I created an AutoHotKey script to "deactivate" the MAIL button (as it launches Chrome in my system which is weird), and set HOME button to launch Kodi:

Code:
vkb4::vkff ; "deactivate" MAIL button
vkac::
IfWinExist Kodi
    WinActivate
else
{
    Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
    Winwait Kodi
    WinActivate Kodi
}
return

Script works pretty well.

I mapped the "Magnify" button to STOP on Kodi and some other buttons (ie BACK mapped to true back, not "ESCAPE", RED button to "NextAudioTrack", GREEN button to"NextSubtitle", VIDEO button to "INFO", etc), just for my convenience.

My last trouble is that Power button actually TURNS OFF computer. I would rather prefer to SUSPEND, but not sure how to proceed. Can't find a way to get it using Autohotkey. Can you provide me some clues?

Hi Malkair,

Thanks for your input and information on the microphone version.
The power button is changed in the "Power Options setting" of Windows. Select sleep from the drop down menu for "When i press the power button:" option.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - malkair - 2017-01-24

(2017-01-23, 21:22)dasco Wrote: Hi Malkair,

The power button is changed in the "Power Options setting" of Windows. Select sleep from the drop down menu for "When i press the power button:" option.
Thank you, I can't believe I didn't think on it before.
It works, but a new issue (not sure if specifically T3 related) is coming:

Now when I press POWER button on the remote, the system goes to sleep, but only for a couple seconds: It automatically wakes up with no action from me (even if the remote stands on the table, so the cause is not the air-mouse -which actually is disabled-).
Same when the system is on sleep mode: When I press POWER on the remote, the system wakes up, but after 3 or 4 seconds it comes to sleep again.

Seems like the remote sends the power command twice or somewhat.

This was NOT happening before with an original Microsoft MCE RC6 remote, which worked perfectly on sleep/resume. The T3 receiver is connected to the same USB port (it's a 4-port hub) than the MCE.

I disabled "Use this device to wake up the system" on the Device Manager's T3 mouse entry, and enabled same option on the T3 keyboard entry.
Also, checked the commandline powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to be sure only the keyboards (and not mice) are set to wake up the system.

In addition, the power button of my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard is now acting the same. Never happened before.Confused

I think I read about this problem in another Kodi thread, but can't find it now.

Should I tweak anything to fix this issue? Thanks again.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-24

(2017-01-24, 11:59)malkair Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 21:22)dasco Wrote: Hi Malkair,

Thank you, I can't believe I didn't think on it before.
It works, but a new issue (not sure if specifically T3 related) is coming:

Now when I press POWER button on the remote, the system goes to sleep, but only for a couple seconds: It automatically wakes up with no action from me (even if the remote stands on the table, so the cause is not the air-mouse -which actually is disabled-).
Same when the system is on sleep mode: When I press POWER on the remote, the system wakes up, but after 3 or 4 seconds it comes to sleep again.

Seems like the remote sends the power command twice or somewhat.

This was NOT happening before with an original Microsoft MCE RC6 remote, which worked perfectly on sleep/resume. The T3 receiver is connected to the same USB port (it's a 4-port hub) than the MCE.

I disabled "Use this device to wake up the system" on the Device Manager's T3 mouse entry, and enabled same option on the T3 keyboard entry.
Also, checked the commandline powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to be sure only the keyboards (and not mice) are set to wake up the system.

In addition, the power button of my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard is now acting the same. Never happened before.Confused

I think I read about this problem in another Kodi thread, but can't find it now.

Should I tweak anything to fix this issue? Thanks again.

Yes that little Chestnut!. Short answer i do not know how to fix it.
I have three Windows machines two i built myself and one Nuc. The Nuc will go to sleep by pressing the off button and will not wake up until button is pressed. However the other two machine will do as you described.
I have a work around that i use, hence why i forgot the issue and have not dug any deeper into it. In Windows power management settings i set the "Put the computer to sleep:" and "Turn off the display:" to 5 minutes.
Computer will automatically go to sleep after 5 minutes of no use and will wake when a button is pressed.
Would love to know the answer if you find it.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - gsmtech - 2017-01-27

I puirchased a T3 from ebay and the airmouse seems to work very well so far, keyboard and main remote works out of the box in LibreElec too. However I'm having issues with the IR learning function, has anyone had problems trying to get the T3 to learn the "power on/off" button from the remote on a generic China box a Mini M8SII in this case.

Try as I might the T3 doesn't seem to learn the IR button from my android box remote. The process appears to have been completed succesfully but the button doesnt work once it's suppsoed to be mapped. I have managed to make the T3 learn the "power on/off" button from my Samsung TV remote which works fine. So the IR learning does work...just not for the android box remote...very strange..

It's a bit rubbish having to keep the original android box remote around just to power on the box. The idea of purchasing a T3 was to be able to programme IR keys to be able to cntrol basic features on my TV and android box as well as use the airmouse/keyboard without having to use multiple remotes. I.e: use the T3 instead of 3 sepeate remotes.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-27

On various boxes running android I can turn the box off by long pressing the power button on the T3.
Some boxes power off directly, some have asked me to confirm power off by pressing the OK key.

I normally leave my box on.

(2017-01-27, 13:05)Jeffers24 Wrote: On various boxes running android I can turn the box off by long pressing the power button on the T3.
Some boxes power off directly, some have asked me to confirm power off by pressing the OK key.

I normally leave my box on.

I can switch the box off without an issue, using the T3 ower button in RF mode. But I cant switch it back on, this is becasue when it's switcvhed off the USB dongle is probbaly not powered so you cant send RF codes to the box to switch it on. It needs an IR code programmed /coopied/learned from the original remote control to one of the keys on the T3.

For some reason, my T3 refuses to learn ther IR code from the android remote for the power butoon, even thiugh it looks like the process completed succesfully...

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - bobrooney - 2017-01-27

(2017-01-27, 15:23)gsmtech Wrote: For some reason, my T3 refuses to learn ther IR code from the android remote for the power butoon, even thiugh it looks like the process completed succesfully...
Try to assign power button to some other button. I had the same problem when I tried to learn power button to power button, but then I tried to assign it to the red button (one of those four colored buttons - not power button) and it worked.

(2017-01-27, 15:39)bobrooney Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 15:23)gsmtech Wrote: For some reason, my T3 refuses to learn ther IR code from the android remote for the power butoon, even thiugh it looks like the process completed succesfully...
Try to assign power button to some other button. I had the same problem when I tried to learn power button to power button, but then I tried to assign it to the red button (one of those four colored buttons - not power button) and it worked.

That is what im doing, the first button I tries to program it to was the red coloured one, didn't work, so i tried the green,same issue. I will have proper play with it over the weekend... My samsung tv remote power button rogrammed up to the green button with no issue.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - ShinyAndy - 2017-02-01

(2017-01-19, 15:16)julianmclean Wrote: For those interested in how this works on Linux, I can confirm that behaviour is generally good and in line with what other have said on this forum. I've done a few keymap changes to get quick access to the EPG, force FullScreen (tab key), etc. and have achieved a fairly good setup. One tip for those not used to the lack of a "Stop" button (me included), the approach I took is to use the "longpress" modifier to allow holding down the Play/Pause button to stop what is playing, e.g. (from memory, excuse typos):

<play_pause mod="longpress">Stop</play_pause>

In fact, I've made quite a bit of use of this longpress modifier to "double" up some buttons - for example holding down the "Home" or "Escape" keys forces FullScreen instead of Home/Back, and holding down Pg+ goes up to Parent level in folders. All works quite well, from my perspective at least ;o)

These mappings sound perfect, any chance you could share the contents of your keymap.xml?

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - ShinyAndy - 2017-02-01

Has anyone managed to get IR working with a Panasonic TV? It goes through all the stages but doesn't seem to learn anything. I'm starting to wonder if I've got a duff one as so far under Raybunto's Krypton (LE fork) build on an ODROID C2 the only thing I can get it to do is move a mouse pointer around the screen Sad

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - ShinyAndy - 2017-02-02

Can confirm, doesn't work at all with my Panasonic TV but does work with a Samsung.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - gsmtech - 2017-02-02

IR Learning is flakey on this device it doesn't seem to be able to learn codes from some devices. I have not been able to get the T3 to learn the "power" button from my android tv box, but it does successfully learn various buttons from my Samsung TV remote.

So IR learning does work but not for all devices.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - julianmclean - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-01, 17:36)ShinyAndy Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 15:16)julianmclean Wrote: For those interested in how this works on Linux, I can confirm that behaviour is generally good and in line with what other have said on this forum. I've done a few keymap changes to get quick access to the EPG, force FullScreen (tab key), etc. and have achieved a fairly good setup. One tip for those not used to the lack of a "Stop" button (me included), the approach I took is to use the "longpress" modifier to allow holding down the Play/Pause button to stop what is playing, e.g. (from memory, excuse typos):

In fact, I've made quite a bit of use of this longpress modifier to "double" up some buttons - for example holding down the "Home" or "Escape" keys forces FullScreen instead of Home/Back, and holding down Pg+ goes up to Parent level in folders. All works quite well, from my perspective at least ;o)

These mappings sound perfect, any chance you could share the contents of your keymap.xml?

Not actually sure how to attach files, so had to paste it here - have added comments on what a few things do - note I haven't actually tested on system with comments, in case any typos!

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <!-- Kill the mouse -->
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>Select</leftclick>
            <rightclick>Info</rightclick>
            <middleclick>noop</middleclick>
            <doubleclick id="0">noop</doubleclick>
            <longclick id="0">noop</longclick>
            <doubleclick id="1">noop</doubleclick>
            <longclick id="1">ContextMenu</longclick>
            <wheeldown>noop</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
            <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
            <mousedragstart>Select</mousedragstart>
            <mousedragend>noop</mousedragend>
            <mouserdrag>noop</mouserdrag>
            <mouserdragstart>Back</mouserdragstart>
            <mouserdragend>noop</mouserdragend>
        </mouse>  
      <keyboard>
      <homepage mod="longpress">FullScreen</homepage>        <!-- Tab functionality -->
        <f3>RunScript(script.globalsearch)</f3>        <!-- Global search plugin -->
            <f4>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-1/1_all.xml/&quot;,return)</f4>        <!-- PlexKodiConnect video nodes -->
            <f5>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-5/5_all.xml/&quot;,return)</f5>
            <f6>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-2/2_all.xml/&quot;,return)</f6>
            <f7>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-3/3_all.xml/&quot;,return)</f7>
            <config>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-1/1_ondeck.xml/&quot;,return)</config>
        <leftwindows>XBMC.ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</leftwindows>        <!-- Guide -->
      <return mod="longpress">Info</return>        <!-- Info by holding OK -->
      <play_pause mod="longpress">Stop</play_pause>        <!-- Stop by holding play/pause -->
      <pageup mod="longpress">ParentDir</pageup>        <!-- Up a level by holding PgUp  -->
      </keyboard>
  </global>
  <Home>
      <keyboard>
      <homepage>FullScreen</homepage>
            <config>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;library://video/Plex-1/1_ondeck.xml/&quot;,return)</config>
            <one>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1685743013.pvr&quot;)</one>        <!-- Jump to TV channels (TVHeadend) -->
            <two>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_365376698.pvr&quot;)</two>
            <three>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_760654440.pvr&quot;)</three>
            <four>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1770198859.pvr&quot;)</four>
            <five>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1360760506.pvr&quot;)</five>
            <six>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_762393490.pvr&quot;)</six>
            <seven>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1049102713.pvr&quot;)</seven>
            <eight>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1078946888.pvr&quot;)</eight>
            <nine>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1844024523.pvr&quot;)</nine>
            <zero>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_930842629.pvr&quot;)</zero>
      <escape mod="longpress">ParentDir</escape>
      </keyboard>
  </Home>
  <TV>
      <keyboard>
      </keyboard>
  </TV>  
  <FullscreenVideo>
      <keyboard>
        <leftwindows>XBMC.ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</leftwindows>
      <return mod="longpress">Info</return>
      <escape mod="longpress">FullScreen</escape>
      <next_track>StepForward</next_track>
      <prev_track>StepBack</prev_track>
      <next_track mod="longpress">BigStepForward</next_track>
      <prev_track mod="longpress">BigStepBack</prev_track>
      </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <FullScreenLiveTV>
      <keyboard>
            <one>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1685743013.pvr&quot;)</one>
            <two>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_365376698.pvr&quot;)</two>
            <three>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_760654440.pvr&quot;)</three>
            <four>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1770198859.pvr&quot;)</four>
            <five>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1360760506.pvr&quot;)</five>
            <six>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_762393490.pvr&quot;)</six>
            <seven>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1049102713.pvr&quot;)</seven>
            <eight>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1078946888.pvr&quot;)</eight>
            <nine>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1844024523.pvr&quot;)</nine>
            <zero>PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_930842629.pvr&quot;)</zero>
        <leftwindows>XBMC.ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</leftwindows>
      </keyboard>
  </FullScreenLiveTV>
  <MyVideoLibrary>
      <keyboard>
      </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
  <MyVideoPlaylist>
      <keyboard>
      </keyboard>
  </MyVideoPlaylist>
  <PVRGuideInfo>
      <keyboard>
        <leftwindows>FullScreen</leftwindows>
      </keyboard>
  </PVRGuideInfo>
  <tvguide>
      <keyboard>
        <leftwindows>FullScreen</leftwindows>
|            <one mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1685743013.pvr&quot;)</one>
            <two mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_365376698.pvr&quot;)</two>
            <three mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_760654440.pvr&quot;)</three>
            <four mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1770198859.pvr&quot;)</four>
            <five mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1360760506.pvr&quot;)</five>
            <six mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_762393490.pvr&quot;)</six>
            <seven mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1049102713.pvr&quot;)</seven>
            <eight mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1078946888.pvr&quot;)</eight>
            <nine mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_1844024523.pvr&quot;)</nine>
            <zero mod="longpress">PlayMedia(&quot;pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.hts_930842629.pvr&quot;)</zero>
      </keyboard>
  </tvguide>
</keymap>

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - bbsc - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-01, 22:50)ShinyAndy Wrote: Has anyone managed to get IR working with a Panasonic TV?

Yes, I have.
Works perfectly with Panasonic plasma TV, all possible buttons.
Original RC was N2QAYB000672 (you can google to see the photo).