Kodi Community Forum
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control (/showthread.php?tid=278842)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - gibxxi - 2017-01-07

(2017-01-07, 11:49)Jeffers24 Wrote: NPs, just wanted to stop you or anyone else being hoodwinked like I was the first time I ordered one. There are a lot of these about, being sold by different companies with different names.

Amazon are good and will quickly take a return if the product is not as advertised or faulty, which is why I prefer to use them.

Having said that the one I ordered off ebay was good and the supplier reliable, I would try them if you have any problems.

The challenge for us now is to find a better function/value remote than the T3 :-)

I'm glad you posted. As you say, given the fact these things seem to be from a generic design, with at least 3 different models (that I can tell thus far) it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for one of these pseudo-companies to deliberately advertise one model as being something other than what it really is in order to get a sale.

As it is, I still have the existing NYXboards. While not the best thing Motorola have ever made in terms of ease-of-use and/or build quality, both of them do still work, albeit with a few quirks. So this was more of an "impulse-buy" than anything. Regardless, cheers for the heads-up.

Off to check Ebay just in case...

Wink

EDIT: Some quick-thinking on my part, lead me to cancel the Amazon order even though it was despatched and in transit (Prime Member). Used the link posted by Jeffers24 in post #115 and ordered two of those instead. Saved an extra £10 into the bargain so I'm happy with that. Note to self: Don't take online listings at face value unconditionally. Have edited my original post as promised.

Wink

Anyhow, thankyou Jeffers24, again, for the timely warning. Have a rep point on me.

Gib.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - thepixel - 2017-01-10

I just purchased this remote, i'm currently using the default Kodi keys etc.

However I'm wondering if someone would share their own key file for this if possible?

The defaults are OK, but I think theirs room for improvement. One of the keys needs to be assigned to do what TAB does, but I can't figure this out for optimal use etc

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-10, 22:25)thepixel Wrote: I just purchased this remote, i'm currently using the default Kodi keys etc.

However I'm wondering if someone would share their own key file for this if possible?

The defaults are OK, but I think theirs room for improvement. One of the keys needs to be assigned to do what TAB does, but I can't figure this out for optimal use etc

Hi thepixel

FWIW this is the Keymap file i use. This may give you some idea on how to set up your remote to your preference.
Also you can reference post No 4 for the keycodes for the different buttons on the remote.
I also use Auto Hot key to add extra functionality to the remote but this is only available for Windows based systems.
If you get stuck on some functionality myself or others should be able to point you in the right direction
A full list of Kodi actions and functions can be found here http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymaps

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61586">stop</key> "Magnify Glass Button"
<key id="61467">back</key> "ESC and Return arrow Button"
<key id="61587">runaddon(script.globalsearch)</key> "Red Key"
<key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button"
<key id="53255">ActivateWindow(Home)</key> "Home Button"
<key id="53264">UpdateLibrary(video)</key> "Media/Clapper Board Button"
<key id="61589">FullScreen</key> "Yellow Button This is the TAB function"
<key id="61588">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</key> "Green Button"
<key id="61590">audiodelay</key> "Blue Key"

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61656">ShowVideoMenu</key> "Four Lines Button"
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 06:57)dasco Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 22:25)thepixel Wrote: I just purchased this remote, i'm currently using the default Kodi keys etc.

Hi thepixel

FWIW this is the Keymap file i use. This may give you some idea on how to set up your remote to your preference.
Also you can reference post No 4 for the keycodes for the different buttons on the remote.
I also use Auto Hot key to add extra functionality to the remote but this is only available for Windows based systems.
If you get stuck on some functionality myself or others should be able to point you in the right direction
A full list of Kodi actions and functions can be found here http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymaps

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button"

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for sharing your keymap, not wanting to add them to my keymap without understanding what they do, I have some queries. Some are obvious such as:-

Stop
Back
Launch chrome
Update video library
Activate Favourites window

Some not so obvious to me and would appreciate a bit more info:-

I am sure you know this I only recently found out, some of the keys on the keyboard can be used as shortcuts in Kodi, the ones I use are:-

x - stop whatever is playing
s - display option to go into settings, I use this as I share my build with my sister and remove the System option from the top level Kodi menu as a safety feature
o - display codec info, lets you see some useful information when streaming, CPU usage, how fast or slow the cache buffer is filling
I - display program information on what you are watching

QUICK EDIT - with reference to above I am using Kodi 16.1, Kodi 17 may act differently

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 08:56)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 06:57)dasco Wrote:

Hi thepixel

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for sharing your keymap, not wanting to add them to my keymap without understanding what they do, I have some queries. Some are obvious such as:-

Stop
Back
Launch chrome
Update video library
Activate Favourites window

Some not so obvious to me and would appreciate a bit more info:-

I am sure you know this I only recently found out, some of the keys on the keyboard can be used as shortcuts in Kodi, the ones I use are:-

x - stop whatever is playing
s - display option to go into settings, I use this as I share my build with my sister and remove the System option from the top level Kodi menu as a safety feature
o - display codec info, lets you see some useful information when streaming, CPU usage, how fast or slow the cache buffer is filling
I - display program information on what you are watching

QUICK EDIT - with reference to above I am using Kodi 16.1, Kodi 17 may act differently

Hi Jeffers24,

Thanks for sharing aswell, it is great to get different peoples perspectives on how they use Kodi and whether they fit into your way of doing things. I know for myself i have modified my keymaps numerous times based on other peoples input.

Regarding the the items you want clarification

Global Search is an Add On available within the Kodi Repository. This is by far the most used Add On i have and could not live without. Basically it brings up a search box to search your Library of Movies / TV shows based on key words you type in. ie if you type in "Star" it will bring up all the movies and TV Shows with Star in the title.

This takes me straight back to the Home Screen of Kodi no matter what Kodi menu i am in.

This takes me straight back to the movie i was watching or have open in the background while searching Kodi Menus. (Same as using TAB key on keyboard)

If Audio is out of sync with the Video this allows me to quickly adjust it without going through the Kodi menus.

Definitely get Global Search if you have a large library.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-11

(2017-01-11, 06:57)dasco Wrote: Hi thepixel

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

Dasco,

Having trouble with some of the mappings:-

< key id="53255">ActivateWindow(Home)</key> "Home Button", on Android the Home button takes me to the Android home screen, not the Kodi Home screen?

< key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button", may be my ignorance, on Android took me to Gmail, rather than chrome browser?

<key id="61656">ShowVideoMenu</key> "Four Lines Button", on Android no action should "ShowVideoMenu" be "showvideoinfo"?

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-12

(2017-01-11, 13:49)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 06:57)dasco Wrote: Hi thepixel

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

Dasco,

Having trouble with some of the mappings:-

< key id="53255">ActivateWindow(Home)</key> "Home Button", on Android the Home button takes me to the Android home screen, not the Kodi Home screen?

< key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button", may be my ignorance, on Android took me to Gmail, rather than chrome browser?

<key id="61656">ShowVideoMenu</key> "Four Lines Button", on Android no action should "ShowVideoMenu" be "showvideoinfo"?

Interesting, i suppose first step would be to run keymap editor from the kodi repository. Check to see what Key codes keymap editor generates when you press those buttons. i would of thought they would be the same for all platforms but if you can confirm.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-12

Will do, most likely tomorrow as I am traveling today

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - miscalin - 2017-01-12

Hi guys! Got your remote Measy GP811 recently, disabled the mouse cursor in KODI (thanks dasco), but faced with the complexity of the following: i have programmed the button to turn on the TV, but it works through time, i can not understand what's going on. Sometimes it turns on and off the TV from the first, and sometimes the TV does not react to pressing.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - gibxxi - 2017-01-12

Hi Dasco,

Care to enlighten me on what your using AHK for with this remote control and/or share your AHK config for pointers so I can set up my own preferences? I've never used it, although I think Kodi Launcher addon makes use of it in some way, or was built using it. I may have my wires crossed here. I'd like to map the key on the remote that looks somewhat like the Windows logo from StarDock's Start10 "Echo" theme to the real Windows key if possible, as pressing it doesn't seem to do anything currently.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-12

Hi Jeffers24,

Some more thoughts on your mapping issues
Quote:< key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button", may be my ignorance, on Android took me to Gmail, rather than chrome browser?
Chrome Launcher is another Kodi AddOn that needs to be installed. I believe Chrome Launcher is only available on Windows/Linux and OSX. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170965

Quote:<key id="61656">ShowVideoMenu</key> "Four Lines Button", on Android no action should "ShowVideoMenu" be "showvideoinfo"?
This is for bringing up the menu at the start of a DVD. ie to select which episode to watch or song to play in a music DVD. For this to work your videos need to be ripped including the menus. and i believe "iso" images are only supported.

Quote:< key id="53255">ActivateWindow(Home)</key> "Home Button", on Android the Home button takes me to the Android home screen, not the Kodi Home screen?
Can you try this on a known key id. ie your stop button/magnify Glass Key ID.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-13

(2017-01-12, 12:01)miscalin Wrote: Hi guys! Got your remote Measy GP811 recently, disabled the mouse cursor in KODI (thanks dasco), but faced with the complexity of the following: i have programmed the button to turn on the TV, but it works through time, i can not understand what's going on. Sometimes it turns on and off the TV from the first, and sometimes the TV does not react to pressing.

The recommendation was not to buy this one :-( send it back if you have mouse trouble and if you can

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-13

(2017-01-12, 22:07)gibxxi Wrote: Hi Dasco,

Care to enlighten me on what your using AHK for with this remote control and/or share your AHK config for pointers so I can set up my own preferences? I've never used it, although I think Kodi Launcher addon makes use of it in some way, or was built using it. I may have my wires crossed here. I'd like to map the key on the remote that looks somewhat like the Windows logo from StarDock's Start10 "Echo" theme to the real Windows key if possible, as pressing it doesn't seem to do anything currently.

Hi gibxxi

To get started with AHK downlod the file from my Google Drive it contains a copy of AutoHotKey, ShowKey, ShowKey AHK and Excel spreadsheet of the Virtual keycodes for Windows, T3 and MX3 Remote.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BydCUe90XcSvOVp6cmFmVTgyWW8?usp=sharing

Step 1 install AutoHotKey onto your machine.
Step 2 Open up notepad and start creating your script or copy and paste mine and modify for yourself.

vk76::Run nircmd.exe cdrom open D: ;Blue Button open DVD Drawer
vkff::vk5b ; Changes four square button or Windows Button on T3 remote to Windows Button requested by gibxxi

#ifwinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1 ;following items active in Chrome only
vkb1::!left ;Turns Air Mouse [|<<] button into Browser Back
vkb0::!Right ;Turns Air Mouse [|>>] button into Browser Forward
vk71::f3 ;Turns Air mouse "Four Squares" Modified Kodi search Button into Search Button for Chrome
vk72::^w ;Turns Air Mouse Modified Stop Key into Close Chrome

#IfWinActive, Netflix ;Following Items active in Netflix only
RButton::Backspace ;Allows pressing right mouse button on remote to go back in Netflix

#ifwinActive,Kodi ;following items active in Kodi Only
vkad::vk77 ;Changes Mute to F8 Kodi Mute
vkae::vkbd ;Changes Volume Down to "-" Kodi Volume Down
vkaf::vkbb ;Changes Volume Up to "+" Kodi Volume Up

Step 3 When you have created your script save your notepad file with the Extension ".ahk". ie "gibxxi script.ahk"
Step 4 Test script by double clicking.
Step 5 Right mouse click on your newly created script and select compile script. This turns your script into an executable file.
Step 6 Place compiled script into your startup folder (C: > Users >"Your Computer Name" > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu >Programs >Startup)

The possibilities with AHK are almost endless the above script is only one i use but should give you a starting point.

The Excel File contains all the Virtual Key codes you will need to change button to what ever you want them to be.

I use AHK scripts to give the remote functionality when in Chrome, Netflix, Kodi or what ever program you want.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - dasco - 2017-01-13

Quote:miscalin Wrote:
Hi guys! Got your remote Measy GP811 recently, disabled the mouse cursor in KODI (thanks dasco), but faced with the complexity of the following: i have programmed the button to turn on the TV, but it works through time, i can not understand what's going on. Sometimes it turns on and off the TV from the first, and sometimes the TV does not react to pressing.

Some remotes have a rotation of signals that they send to the device they control. This can cause problems when programming such a device with a universal remote as the signal is not constant every time you press the button. There may even be some company out there that created a remote with a constantly changing IR signal that is interpreted by an algorithm on the device. The reason for not keeping IR signal constant is to prevent universal remote from doing their job and forcing the user to use the device creators remote.

RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - Jeffers24 - 2017-01-13

Dasco,

Using the Kodi Keymap Addon appears to be a bit long winded to me as I think I have to go through the motions of editing an option and all the preceding steps to see what code a key press generates.

Rather than use the Kodi Keymap Addon, could I use your showkey.exe to see what codes my T3 generates for each of the key presses?

I have downloaded showkey from your Google drive and have it running, only problem is when I press a key it does display key details but not the 5 digit numeric key codes as per your keymap, how do I convert what showkey displays to the required 5 digit numeric key id?