Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K (/showthread.php?tid=280406)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - BORIStheBLADE - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 15:38)Leo8978 Wrote: Trying to purchase a Hub, but at checkout the $33.00 for Express shipping is automatically being added to the total without me even selecting it.Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I've already sent an email to Wetek support. Just waiting for a response.
Same here in the US. F that.. Not paying 33.33 for shipping a 90.00 device. I'll wait till something else is available or they ship from somewhere else.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Leo8978 - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 15:43)Draghmar Wrote: I'm guessing that this depends on the desination country. Standard shipping is done by DHL or DPD and express DHL or Fedex. So maybe they have to use Fedex in your country?

I'm in the U.S. If the $33.00 for shipping is mandatory, that's a deal breaker for sure.

EDIT: Just saw your post Boris. Guess it's not just me then. This really blows!!! I've been waiting for the Hub for a while.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - anthonytex - 2016-07-08

@wrxtasy hello, may I ask you what's the situation about dual boot? Is it possible to boot as default choice libreelec without press the power button? By the way I'm going to buy one Wink thank in advance

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Latinbull - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 15:47)Leo8978 Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 15:43)Draghmar Wrote: I'm guessing that this depends on the desination country. Standard shipping is done by DHL or DPD and express DHL or Fedex. So maybe they have to use Fedex in your country?

I'm in the U.S. If the $33.00 for shipping is mandatory, that's a deal breaker for sure.

EDIT: Just saw your post Boris. Guess it's not just me then. This really blows!!! I've been waiting for the Hub for a while.

I made few simulations, if destine is USA effectively there is 33 bucks shipping cost however box is cheaper than if my destination is Europe (why?), anyway at end is more or less same.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - alextav - 2016-07-08

Yeah I'm out as well cause I'm not paying 44$ for shipping, that's half the price of the device itself.
I really don't understand why only use express shipping outside of Europe, I mean what's wrong with regular airmail?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - HomerJau - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 11:44)HomerJau Wrote: Orders are being taken for the Hub but they want 40euro for shipping to Australia!

No way to select anything else. Order cancelled...

I emailed WETEK about the automatic Express Shipping at 40 euro a few hours ago but no reply as yet.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Eyeball Kid - 2016-07-08

It's $33 US to Canada as well. DHL and FedEx charge a fair chunk for shipping. It's the same shipping charge for me no matter which device I select.

Given the shortcoming of the current Hub remote is the Core the better purchase here or does the Hub hardware make up for it??

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Newbie_from_NJ - 2016-07-08

Hi guys,

I'm trying to catch up reading this thread. I'm only up to page five so far, but since I just received the email notice that the device was available, I placed my order immediately. I currently own an Intel i3 Chromebox with Openelec and have never owned a Wetek product before, so this is all brand new to me. I have much to learn.

From what I've read in the past day, the primary OS is Android (regular and not Android TV) and you have the option of running a dual boot of Openelec from the miroSDcard... correct?

1. I thought we would be provided with an option to buy a better remote at checkout? I wasn't given an option.

2. My Chomebox is a speed demon with Openelec. How's the performance of Openelec on this device running off an sdcard? Any complaints or also acceptable?

3. I'm a huge advocate of torrents therefore I will need a large microSDcard to run Openelec... Anyone know the size limit?

4. I'm also an HD audio junkie when it comes to watching my movie content so please keep in mind that this box will be connected to a 7.1 a/v receiver setup.
Are there any pros/cons of running Kodi from Android instead of Openelec? Do you recommend one over the other? I believe I read somewhere that the Kodi version installed on android OS is modded or tweaked (?)

4. if you have any recommendations or good reads to suggest for a newbie on Wetek Hub I would greatly appreciate it. (specially the potential fork version of Openelec for the Wetek Hub... that sounds interesting!)

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to testing this new box! (o:

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - JonSnow88 - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 17:26)Eyeball Kid Wrote: It's $33 US to Canada as well. DHL and FedEx charge a fair chunk for shipping. It's the same shipping charge for me no matter which device I select.

Given the shortcoming of the current Hub remote is the Core the better purchase here or does the Hub hardware make up for it??

getting the Odroid C2, 8GB eMMC and case will run you abort the same in CAD. I don't care much for Android or DRM and just want it for Kodi.

Odroid

Pro:
2GB
Modular

Con:
Assembly
Not officially supported
No DRM (I don't care for this)

Hub

Pro:
All in one box
Remote to power off/on (don't care for air mouse)
IR extender (hide hub behind TV)

Con:
1 GB RAM
8GB eMMC (enough for Kodi but still very low space)

decisions decisions Undecided

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Raybuntu - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 05:55)wrxtasy Wrote: @jebise,
There is currently no Kodi libCEC options for HDMI CEC in LibreELEC for the functions you want, Hub Linux Kernel support is currently lacking the required patches. (Its coming soonish). There is just basic HDMI CEC playback control currently with LE.

I'm not sure about Android and CEC with AVR's. hdmkv would be the guy with that answer.

My Hub arrived today. As soon as we get access to the Kernel Source we'll start working to make proper libcec support happen as we did for Odroid C2 on LibreELEC.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Eyeball Kid - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 20:32)jebise Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 17:26)Eyeball Kid Wrote: It's $33 US to Canada as well. DHL and FedEx charge a fair chunk for shipping. It's the same shipping charge for me no matter which device I select.

getting the Odroid C2, 8GB eMMC and case will run you abort the same in CAD. I don't care much for Android or DRM and just want it for Kodi.

Odroid

Pro:
2GB
Modular

Con:
Assembly
Not officially supported
No DRM (I don't care for this)

Hub

Pro:
All in one box
Remote to power off/on (don't care for air mouse)
IR extender (hide hub behind TV)

Con:
1 GB RAM
8GB eMMC (enough for Kodi but still very low space)

decisions decisions Undecided

Laugh Exactly. I'm now considering the Core as an option. Tough call. There are a lot of other boxes out there but they don't have the quality or the support so I'm not overly upset about the shipping fee.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Draghmar - 2016-07-08

(2016-07-08, 16:04)Latinbull Wrote: I made few simulations, if destine is USA effectively there is 33 bucks shipping cost however box is cheaper than if my destination is Europe (why?), anyway at end is more or less same.
Again - guessing - box is cheaper probably because of VAT that is not added when outside EU.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - 808? - 2016-07-09

WeTek don't even list where I live (Hong Kong) in the checkout fields, very disappointing.

EDIT: no countries in Asia at all are listed. (Australia doesn't count)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Eyeball Kid - 2016-07-09

Broke down and ordered the Hub. I look forward to cancelling cable Smile

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - hinball - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 00:03)808? Wrote: WeTek don't even list where I live (Hong Kong) in the checkout fields, very disappointing.

EDIT: no countries in Asia at all are listed. (Australia doesn't count)

The same here
I have been waiting for one month , when they announce on FB hub available, rush back home to order , but finally Hong Kong is not in list , very disappointing Sad