Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K (/showthread.php?tid=280406)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - MicMac - 2016-07-09

Can anyone tell me if TNT is still the shipping company Wetek uses? This answer alone will determine if I buy the HUB with my preorder.
Thanks guys,
Mic

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - hinball - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 01:29)hinball Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 00:03)808? Wrote: WeTek don't even list where I live (Hong Kong) in the checkout fields, very disappointing.

EDIT: no countries in Asia at all are listed. (Australia doesn't count)

The same here
I have been waiting for one month , when they announce on FB hub available, rush back home to order , but finally Hong Kong is not in list , very disappointing Sad

Just got a rely from them on FB
"With such affordable products, we can not compete in some markets due to high shipping costs. Unfortunately, Hong Kong is one of those. Otherwise, we would have to practice a very high shipping price."

It seem they will not ship to Asian countries due to the shipping cost
SadSad

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Ned Scott - 2016-07-09

I'm sure asian countries, US, Canada, and all of the other places listed so far, will have reasonable shipping opions very soon. I don't know all of the details about shipping yet, and I'm not sure if those shipping costs on the wetek website are in error or not, but I do know that there will also be local distributors for WeTek products. I'll see what I can find out and maybe we can have a running list, or have WeTek add a running list to their website. As stock is sent to warehouses, information should come in about who has what.

There will be a way for you guys to get these boxes, even if I have to strap them to my back and bring them to you personally ;)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - komplex - 2016-07-09

To the Aussies would it work out any cheaper using a company like borderlinx or similar for delivery or would you still get screwed on import

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - 808? - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 03:48)hinball Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 01:29)hinball Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 00:03)808? Wrote: WeTek don't even list where I live (Hong Kong) in the checkout fields, very disappointing.

EDIT: no countries in Asia at all are listed. (Australia doesn't count)

The same here
I have been waiting for one month , when they announce on FB hub available, rush back home to order , but finally Hong Kong is not in list , very disappointing Sad

Just got a rely from them on FB
"With such affordable products, we can not compete in some markets due to high shipping costs. Unfortunately, Hong Kong is one of those. Otherwise, we would have to practice a very high shipping price."

It seem they will not ship to Asian countries due to the shipping cost
SadSad

They used to ship the Core to Hong Kong, but you can't even do that now.

What are they afraid of?

The Wetek products are all manufactured in Shenzhen anyway. They list a Hong Kong address in their profile even:

Quote:Honk Kong office:
WeTek Electronics Limited
Level 10, Central Building, 1-3 Pedder Street, Central, Hong Kong

Maybe this office is just to avoid tax perhaps? (It is just a mailing address, a virtual office)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - KoopaTroopa - 2016-07-09

Yes I am also in Australia and was eagerly awaiting the unlocking of my pre-order, only to be slapped with the forced EUR$40 shipping.

I'll just wait till there's a cheaper shipping option, oh well.

Quite disappointing for the device (minus VAT) to be 73EUR and then the shipping is 40. Also, I wonder why is there a pre-order email with a code that doesn't do anything?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Trazer - 2016-07-09

Is there a way to get the remote working in libreelec as i'm planning on using it with libreelec and would like to have the remote working.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Raybuntu - 2016-07-09

Have a look at kszaq builds. Remote is working there.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Pr0ph3cyTiger - 2016-07-09

I have spoke to few people and they said that WeTek does support 1080p live streaming.

Can you guys confirm this?

I am thinking about to get wetek play if it does support 1080p.

And I wonder that if I can get any remote control that if it will work on wetek play STB if I have to change the remote control code?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - ChristianTroy - 2016-07-09

With all the other devices but Play you can stream up to 4k if the source/app allows that.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Pr0ph3cyTiger - 2016-07-09

(2016-07-09, 18:50)ChristianTroy Wrote: With all the other devices but Play you can stream up to 4k if the source/app allows that.

can i be able to get any remote control to work on wetek if i get wetek play stb?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - ChristianTroy - 2016-07-09

afaik the original Play is discontinued so it will be hard to find, there is an android app to be able to control the Play

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - HomerJau - 2016-07-10

If there's another forum member in Melbourne, Australia thinking about the Hub but put off by the expedited shipping cost (around $60 AUD) please PM me as I am thinking about ordering and maybe we can split the shipping fee. It seems it's still 40euro to ship 1, 2 or 3 units.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - wrxtasy - 2016-07-10

Previously when ordering the WeTek Core - even when using the standard free shipping worldwide, delivery was quick.
With that in mind why is everyone using Expedited Shipping. Or is that the only option available now available ?
Sounds like the WeTek ordering & shipping cost calculation backend software is not setup properly.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - HomerJau - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-10, 10:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Previously when ordering the WeTek Core - even when using the standard free shipping worldwide, delivery was quick.
With that in mind why is everyone using Expedited Shipping. Or is that the only option available now available ?
Sounds like the WeTek ordering & shipping cost calculation backend software is not setup properly.

No option for standard shipping option to AU.

I emailed WETEK asking if their website had an error and they replied:

Due to extremely high taxes and costs we are trying to find the best way to meet the demand of your country. At this moment we are studying some distribution options and optimizing our logistics to decrease the shipping costs. However, you still can count on us when it comes to offer affordable high quality products to market.

Which is probably a generic response since AU tax at most is 10% (GST). Can't see why they don't ship as previously (Core was free although they didn't remove EU GST)