Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K (/showthread.php?tid=280406)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Pr0ph3cyTiger - 2016-07-11

can you guys use any remote control to work on the wetek play 2 set top box if i have to change the remote control codes?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Newbie_from_NJ - 2016-07-11

A little off topic, but thanks to this thread I also learned about LibreELEC... which I had no idea even existed. I checked the Chromebox wiki and also saw it was updated with it so I now know it runs smooth on it as well. Will be replacing OpenELEC install tonight on my Chromebox and will install it the minute it becomes available for the Wetek Hub! Where have I beenHuh How long has this been out?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - droidelec - 2016-07-11

New WeTekOS Firmware v1.01 for WeTek Hub is online.
  • Added Web Interface (Virtual RCU, Screenshot tool, HW and SW infos)
  • Added DLNA server
  • Added support for more USB HID devices
  • Fixed some minor bugs and improved user experience

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Sando - 2016-07-11

So, I just pre-ordered myself one of these puppies. Two questions:

- What is the current state of the AndroidTV-version of Netflix? And,

- Has anyone got any tips for decent remotes that are decently priced (say max 20ish euro) and that should work well with the Hub?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Newbie_from_NJ - 2016-07-11

(2016-07-11, 21:20)droidelec Wrote: New WeTekOS Firmware v1.01 for WeTek Hub is online.
  • Added Web Interface (Virtual RCU, Screenshot tool, HW and SW infos)
  • Added DLNA server
  • Added support for more USB HID devices
  • Fixed some minor bugs and improved user experience
I'm assuming this is will be available via OTA update for us when we receive our orders?

Sent from my SM-N920P

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - droidelec - 2016-07-11

Of course, it will be.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - hdmkv - 2016-07-11

Hi there @droidelec, any instructions on how to access the web interface? Just type in IP address of Hub into web browser on PC? Thanks.

Yes hdmkv, exactly like that.

(2016-07-11, 21:40)hdmkv Wrote: Hi there @droidelec, any instructions on how to access the web interface? Just type in IP address of Hub into web browser on PC? Thanks.

Never owned a Wetek product before and am expecting delivery on the hub soon.. what is this web interface for?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Stimmenhotel - 2016-07-11

(2016-07-11, 22:48)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2016-07-11, 21:40)hdmkv Wrote: Hi there @droidelec, any instructions on how to access the web interface? Just type in IP address of Hub into web browser on PC? Thanks.

Never owned a Wetek product before and am expecting delivery on the hub soon.. what is this web interface for?

Mainly debugging I think. Don't yet know what a RCU is, but HW/SW info, screenshot tool... Reads like debugging. (Fetching Infos for support questions)

I have a question about netflix and stereo only...
Why is this? Is there a limitation by amlogic soc? Or netflix? 5.1 only "for premuim customers of netflix" (like amazon)?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - droidelec - 2016-07-12

(2016-07-11, 22:48)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:

You can control your box directly from Web Interface through web browser on PC, Tablet or smartphone.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - ggp759 - 2016-07-12

Hello all. I have some questions if you please:

1)If i want to run libreelec for the hub and to have adequate space for kodi libraries etc which type of sd card to get? I need something that is fast and compatible with the hub.

2)Also hows the dual booting work?

3)How do i install librelec on the sdcard?

4)Can i use builds from the libreelec thread in linux support?

I know some of this questions are basic but am a noob.

Thanks very much for this.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Tó Madeira - 2016-07-12

(2016-07-12, 11:16)ggp759 Wrote: Hello all. I have some questions if you please:

1)If i want to run libreelec for the hub and to have adequate space for kodi libraries etc which type of sd card to get? I need something that is fast and compatible with the hub.

2)Also hows the dual booting work?

3)How do i install librelec on the sdcard?

4)Can i use builds from the libreelec thread in linux support?

I know some of this questions are basic but am a noob.

Thanks very much for this.

1- any class 10 mSD card will be fast.
2- the same as other wetek products (point-click-done)
3-you should take a look on their website, they have lots of tutorials with video and such

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - wrxtasy - 2016-07-12

1) Proven SD cards are Samsung EVO+ Class 10 UHS1 microSDHC ones, make sure it comes with an SD <-> microSDHC adapter to inseret into a PC or Mac. 16/32/64/128 GB, take your pick. If Samsung cannot be found then Sandisk Class 10 UHS1.

2) Hold down the IR Remote Power button when the WeTek Logo screen shows during bootup, to flip flop between LibreELEC and Android

3) Grab a LibreELEC.img.gz and then follow these instructions:
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation

4) No, you have to use WeTek Hub specific builds, my LibreELEC Hub .img.gz files will be found either on Page #1 of this thread or in the WeTek forums.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - droidelec - 2016-07-12

Some photos of Web Interface.

watch gallery