Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K (/showthread.php?tid=280406)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - robboman93 - 2016-08-22

Hey guys,

So I've had the hub for around a month or so and it's been great. I got 1 issue though.

The hub does not have a optical port for audio and my 5.1 setup (logitech z-5500) only supports S/PDIF.
My tv does not have a S/PDIF port either..

I was looking online and found this splitter --> http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-selling-2015-New-4K-HDMI-Audio-Extractor-Splitter-HDMI-1-4-Digital-to-Analog-SPDIF/32417877129.html

So I was thinking Logitech z-5500 --> splitter --> HDMI TV --> HDMI Hub

Would this work for 5.1 surround? I have no clue lol.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Ned Scott - 2016-08-22

That should work. You won't even need a splitter. I haven't used one personally, but I've heard from other people who have had good results.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Silvayn - 2016-08-22

@NedScott

Thank you for your reply. I've been reading about Shield as well, but I thought I don't need to pay the extra as I don't need a "gaming console". Kodi functionality is all I require. I will have to decide between Shield and an intel NUC, it seems.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Menrad - 2016-08-23

Hi everyone,

I need to know if this box uses standard android kodi release before I buy it.

I have a problem I've never been able to solve with my 2 DLINK NAS's: when I connect via smb, kodi crashes when it starts scrapping movie folders. I encountered this problem on every android devices I tried. I didn't keep the Shield because of that (and I found PQ disappointing).

Thanks for your help.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Bagheera - 2016-08-23

Anyone knows if the wetelk support differs if I buy it from amazon instead of wetek itself?
(might get it faster this way)

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - wrxtasy - 2016-08-23

(2016-08-23, 16:34)Menrad Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a problem I've never been able to solve with my 2 DLINK NAS's: when I connect via smb, kodi crashes when it starts scrapping movie folders. I encountered this problem on every android devices I tried. I didn't keep the Shield because of that (and I found PQ disappointing).

Thanks for your help.
Well you are going to be in a bit of a pickle then as the "standard" Android Kodi release has no Android Code maintainer.

I suspect you are talking about Shield video upscaling issues, as detailed over HERE. There is detailed info in the posts following that link about AMLogic upscaling.

For Android, there are device specific Kodi forks (versions) to optimise each well supported Hardware platform.

- MINIX has their XBMC for MINIX edition
- The FireTV's have either MrMC or SPMC
- nVIDIA Shield has SPMC
- WeTek devices have WeTek (Jarvis) Media player.

If every Android device you have ever owned has problems with SMB on your NAS's, do you not think the NAS's very likely have something to do with it ?

Ultimately the easiest, most reliable way to run networked Kodi is a minimal Linux OS like LibreELEC Kodi, and leave Android for Android specific Apps only.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Tó Madeira - 2016-08-23

(2016-08-22, 11:21)Silvayn Wrote: I have been researching a suitable device for me - I have found out that an intel NUC might be an overkill for my needs and ended up reading about android boxes. I apologize in advance for my naive question, but since I have zero experience with them (and very little experience with android itself - had a windows mobile phone till 2015) here goes...

Will this tiny box play HEVC 10bit 1080p content smoothly over WiFi?

I plan to use WeTec HUB for outdoor vieweing (terrace, next to house), using a 1080p projector and some mediocre 2.0 or 2.1 or soundbar speakers. The content is on a NAS (with all KODI extra files... posters, thumbs, nfos... all stored locally as well). I did read it downsamples it to 8bit viewing, which isn't an issue (outdoorsy viewing...).
Hub wifi is AC meaning it will probably get full speed at your internet bandwidth.
Unless you have something over 500gb.

I think it will have no problem playing those files.

@bahjeera

You will still get help in solving your issues.

But warranty must be done by the seller.
If you buy from ebay, you will need to contact seller to replace/whatever

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - chisposeti - 2016-08-23

Hi guys!

Anyone having problems with the leanback 3.1.1 version of Netflix today? I have had to install the regular Android version because the mod version is no longer working for me (error ui-800-3 even after a reinstall ). I know that Netflix released a new version yesterday... Maybe they are blocking old versions of the client?

Regards.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Menrad - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-23, 17:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 16:34)Menrad Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help.
Well you are going to be in a bit of a pickle then as the "standard" Android Kodi release has no Android Code maintainer.

I suspect you are talking about Shield video upscaling issues, as detailed over HERE. There is detailed info in the posts following that link about AMLogic upscaling.

For Android, there are device specific Kodi forks (versions) to optimise each well supported Hardware platform.

- MINIX has their XBMC for MINIX edition
- The FireTV's have either MrMC or SPMC
- nVIDIA Shield has SPMC
- WeTek devices have WeTek (Jarvis) Media player.

If every Android device you have ever owned has problems with SMB on your NAS's, do you not think the NAS's very likely have something to do with it ?

Ultimately the easiest, most reliable way to run networked Kodi is a minimal Linux OS like LibreELEC Kodi, and leave Android for Android specific Apps only.
My only concern is about my smb issues. I've found many threads with users experimenting the same issues with their smb shares. It is a problem of folders and sub folders, and it acts the same with both my NAS's (with four HDD).
Apparently it can only be solved by putting all my files at the root of my drive or at least in the same folder (I've put them in subfolders named with movie titles).I don't want to go through the hassle of reorganizing all my media files, it would break the libraries of my other HTPCs running with windows (where smb works correctly).
I don't want to buy the wetec hub and take the risk of discovering that kodi crashes when I try to scrap my folders, and then put the wetec hub back in its box 5 minutes after unboxing it. Wink

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - droidelec - 2016-08-24

Our WeTek Hub tested with WD MyCloud 2 TB and Synology DiskStation with 4TB HDD as well, works nice with NFS & CIFS/SAMBA, no issues at all. But this issue which you described with your NAS are quite strange, as I never experienced such with any device running Kodi.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - hdmkv - 2016-08-24

No issues w/SMB or NFS with Synology 1812+ here. I only have my movie/TV content in sub-folders, not root. Occasionally, for SMB, I need to type in IP address or server name as browsing for share shows nothing found.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - BORIStheBLADE - 2016-08-24

Alright.... This IR receiver with the HUB is dog shit. My wife was ready to throw the remote at the TV today. Anyone have any fixes? Will a FLIRC work with Android?

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - wrxtasy - 2016-08-24

@BORIStheBLADE, ha ha. I completely agree with you.

Yes a FLIRC does work with Android as it can emulated a full Keyboard when you plug it in. I would turn HDMI CEC on as well.

A MINIX NEO A2 Lite RF Air Mouse / Keyboard remote control option might be a better consideration tho.
It really is a pity WeTek are not giving users options here with an integrated RF solution.

@Menrad, the SMB problems you have is not normal behavior on any Kodi device. Something else is going on.

You don't have a bunch of you media files still in .zips and .rar's by chance do you ?
This has been known to cause problems on ARM devices like RPi's and AML hardware when used with large media libraries. You must uncompressed them first, this is basic file maintenance.

There is no space savings to be gained by still keeping highly compressed H264, HEVC etc files still in archived .zip and .rar formats.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - BORIStheBLADE - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 04:34)wrxtasy Wrote: @BORIStheBLADE, ha ha. I completely agree with you.

Yes a FLIRC does work with Android as it can emulated a full Keyboard when you plug it in. I would turn HDMI CEC on as well.

A MINIX NEO A2 Lite RF Air Mouse / Keyboard remote control option might be a better consideration tho.
It really is a pity WeTek are not giving users options here with an integrated RF solution.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - Cheadstina - 2016-08-24

I just received my Hub. Replaced my old trusty Pivos DS. And I must say the Wetek Hub remote is sooo much better than the Pivos Smile
So far so good. Happy with it.
Only using it for Kodi.
I should have been more alert about the info about the OTA. Didn't notice it had the Kodi 17 alpha, so now I have two DBs on my NAS for the repository. One for the Kodi 16 and one for the Kodi 17 alpha Smile
Oh well, my own fault.