Kodi Community Forum
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) (/showthread.php?tid=282157)

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2017-09-28

(2017-09-28, 02:34)Dondiego Wrote: This might be a simple question, but what "Software You Use" Option should you select when registering on Schedules Direct?

I think bluezed is right with SD-JSON.
The Schedues Direct function in TV Guide Fullscreen came from his code.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Dondiego - 2017-09-28

Thanx Primaeval

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - eric859 - 2017-10-08

I have a iptv addon that works when I go through the addon, but I get a stream error when I try it through TV Guide Fullscreen. I used the alternate stream setup and added the folder that contains the alternate channels. My default IPTV addon works fine.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Drt1989 - 2017-10-08

Hi - Is it possible to add in my own xmltv lisitings, for example I am adding in channels from Youtube Live and Twitch, which won't show in webgrabs for program info. I am currently using the LAB2 option of yo.tv now for my EPG for my UK Channels, then I went to LAB3 and added in my made up xmltv file. However it did not show the channels that I made up. 
I am pretty sure I am following correct XMLTV structure, as the channels do show in a test using - http://www.xmltv.co.uk/viewer (albeit without program info - as these are gaming channels so no need for it.

I also attempted to solely use my XMLTV file as the main source, but all I got was OOPS. Is there a way I can add in my own channels for my own contect while using a LAB2 Option? 
Many thanks.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Blackbear199 - 2017-10-08

you can have webgrab create channels manually.look in your misc folder inside the siteini.pack folder for fixed.ini
there also a fixed_info.txt file with some documentation.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Drt1989 - 2017-10-08

(2017-10-08, 17:39)Blackbear199 Wrote: you can have webgrab create channels manually.look in your misc folder inside the siteini.pack folder for fixed.ini

sweet, although I did create my own XMLTV using documentation, I am just unsure whether (sp?) using LAB2 - Option with LAB3 Secondary XMLTV will work. I believe it doesn't but I will try

Edit 0 doesn't work, at least did not with me

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2017-10-14

(2017-10-08, 19:03)Drt1989 Wrote:
(2017-10-08, 17:39)Blackbear199 Wrote: you can have webgrab create channels manually.look in your misc folder inside the siteini.pack folder for fixed.ini

sweet, although I did create my own XMLTV using documentation, I am just unsure whether (sp?) using LAB2 - Option with LAB3 Secondary XMLTV will work. I believe it doesn't but I will try

Edit 0 doesn't work, at least did not with me

I'm not getting emails of new posts for some reason since this forum changed servers.

I've only added in the secondary xmltv for the "xmltv" and "tvguide.co.uk now 2" data sources so far.
I can add it into "yo.tv now" if you can't make a custom xmltv file with webgrab.
Let me know.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2017-10-14

(2017-10-08, 04:01)eric859 Wrote: I have a iptv addon that works when I go through the addon, but I get a stream error when I try it through TV Guide Fullscreen.  I used the alternate stream setup and added the folder that contains the alternate channels.  My default IPTV addon works fine.

Some addons populate the channel list when you access a higher level folder. You might be able to either get Meta4Kodi to emulate the procedure or maybe my Stream Searcher or PVR Plugin Player addons will trigger a folder refresh in your addon. I expect the urls have some time limited token in them.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - starslayer74 - 2017-10-19

Pardon my ignorance, I went through the thread but I didn't see a clear answer....will this work with my HDHomerun Prime channels?

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - enerdude - 2017-10-20

Trying to use your stream search addon, followed the tutorial here:
Code:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157&pid=2498263#pid2498263

But when I try search for a channel I get the following errors in the log file:

Code:
18:03:18 T:10952  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/subscribe" matches rule for function "subscribe"
18:03:18 T:10952 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:03:21 T:13036  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:23 T:11856  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channel_player" matches rule for function "channel_player"
18:03:24 T:10824  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:27 T:11040  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/add_channel" matches rule for function "add_channel"
18:03:31 T:10204  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:34 T:5232  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channel_player" matches rule for function "channel_player"
18:03:35 T:9356  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/stream_search/BEIN" matches rule for function "stream_search"
18:03:36 T:9356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.stream.searcher\main.py", line 460, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.stream.searcher\main.py", line 393, in stream_search
                                                label_search = label.decode("utf8").lower().replace(' ','')
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:03:36 T:9652   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.stream.searcher/stream_search/BEIN]
18:03:51 T:4868  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:53 T:9492  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/subscribe" matches rule for function "subscribe"
18:03:53 T:9492 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:03:54 T:1400  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro" matches rule for function "folder"
18:04:02 T:6784  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/add_folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro%2F%3Furl%3DD%253A%255CKODI%2Bbox%255Cbbc%2Bnews.xml%26mode%3D1%26name%3Dbbc%2Bnews%26fanart%3DC%253A%255CUsers%255Chenry%255CAppData%255CRoaming%255CKodi%255Caddons%255Cplugin.video.live.streamspro%255Cfanart.jpg" matches rule for function "add_folder"
18:04:02 T:12008  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro" matches rule for function "folder"

Any ideas would be appreciated

edit: I am using kodi 17.4

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - enerdude - 2017-10-21

@primaeval I have a problem also with the lab2 feature where you use an email address in conjunction with the tvguide.co.uk source. When I leave the setting of number of days to retrieve on 2, it skips retrieving the EPG data for a random amount of channels. However if I change it to 1 day it works fine. I will pm you the email address I'm using for testing purposes from your side

Thanks in advance for any help
I am using kodi 17.4

edit: now it seems to randomly happen even when set to 1 day only, but it is guaranteed to fail on 2 or more days setting

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval.too - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-21, 10:54)enerdude Wrote: @primaeval I have a problem also with the lab2 feature where you use an email address in conjunction with the tvguide.co.uk source. When I leave the setting of number of days to retrieve on 2, it skips retrieving the EPG data for a random amount of channels. However if I change it to 1 day it works fine. I will pm you the email address I'm using for testing purposes from your side

Thanks in advance for any help
I am using kodi 17.4

edit: now it seems to randomly happen even when set to 1 day only, but it is guaranteed to fail on 2 or more days setting

This is a backup account. I can't log in as primaeval right now. No idea why.

tvguide.co.uk do seem to have problems at busy periods. Does it happen at a peak viewing time?

They also might have changed their channel numbers. There are several of their channel numbers for each channel, especially BBC ones.
The ones linked to your email might not be the ones you have chosen by hand in TVGF.
You can check in some of the ini files in the addon_data folder.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval.too - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-19, 20:23)starslayer74 Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, I went through the thread but I didn't see a clear answer....will this work with my HDHomerun Prime channels?

How do you normally get to the HDHomerun Prime channels?

If they appear as normal PVR channels you can add them in with "Stream Setup\PVR Import".
If they have an m3u playlist you can add that in "Stream Setup\Import Playlist".

(2017-10-20, 18:45)enerdude Wrote: Trying to use your stream search addon, followed the tutorial here:
Code:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157&pid=2498263#pid2498263

But when I try search for a channel I get the following errors in the log file:

Code:
18:03:18 T:10952  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/subscribe" matches rule for function "subscribe"
18:03:18 T:10952 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:03:21 T:13036  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:23 T:11856  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channel_player" matches rule for function "channel_player"
18:03:24 T:10824  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:27 T:11040  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/add_channel" matches rule for function "add_channel"
18:03:31 T:10204  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:34 T:5232  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/channel_player" matches rule for function "channel_player"
18:03:35 T:9356  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/stream_search/BEIN" matches rule for function "stream_search"
18:03:36 T:9356   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                           Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.stream.searcher\main.py", line 460, in <module>
                                               plugin.run()
                                             File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                               items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                             File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                               listitems = view_func(**items)
                                             File "C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.stream.searcher\main.py", line 393, in stream_search
                                             File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                               return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                           UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--
18:03:36 T:9652   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.stream.searcher/stream_search/BEIN]
18:03:51 T:4868  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/" matches rule for function "index"
18:03:53 T:9492  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/subscribe" matches rule for function "subscribe"
18:03:53 T:9492 WARNING: [xbmcswift2] No converter provided, unicode should be used, but returning str value
18:03:54 T:1400  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro" matches rule for function "folder"
18:04:02 T:6784  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/add_folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro%2F%3Furl%3DD%253A%255CKODI%2Bbox%255Cbbc%2Bnews.xml%26mode%3D1%26name%3Dbbc%2Bnews%26fanart%3DC%253A%255CUsers%255Chenry%255CAppData%255CRoaming%255CKodi%255Caddons%255Cplugin.video.live.streamspro%255Cfanart.jpg" matches rule for function "add_folder"
18:04:02 T:12008  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/folder/plugin.video.live.streamspro/plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.live.streamspro" matches rule for function "folder"

Any ideas would be appreciated

edit: I am using kodi 17.4

That looks like a unicode bug.

If you feel comfortable editing python code try changing

Code:
"C:\Users\henry\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.stream.searcher\main.py", line 393
to
label_search = label.lower().replace(' ','')

If that works I'll update the addon for you.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - enerdude - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 08:58)primaeval.too Wrote: This is a backup account. I can't log in as primaeval right now. No idea why.

tvguide.co.uk do seem to have problems at busy periods. Does it happen at a peak viewing time?

No it happens the whole time, if I use the reset on startup setting it might work 1 in 5 times when set to 1 day EPG data. 2 or more days fails 100% of the time.

Also, when I exit TVGF, will the EPG of tvguide.co.ujk with the email method update in the background? Otherwise it takes very long to parse the EPG everyday I start up TVGF.