Kodi Community Forum
Release Viaplay add-on thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Viaplay add-on thread (/showthread.php?tid=286387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - zelder - 2019-09-22

(2019-08-25, 12:12)emilsvennesson Wrote:
(2019-08-24, 19:18)zelder Wrote: I was stupid and said no to a DRM update once. The plugin stopped working a week ago. I've updated the inpustreamhelper to 0.3.5. Is there a way to force a DRM update?

Remove the cdm folder in /.kodi/userdata.  
Tackar. 

It worked.  Now having some issues with lag. I didn't have much issues with this before. I'm on a 500/500 fibre connection wired. I can only do 5 Mbit/s 720p before it stutters. My device (S912 Amlogic) handles 4K brilliantly elsewhere, and I have been able to stream 1080p/4k previously with VPN. Now no VPN is needed. I have also tried with a VPN. The result is the same.

Perhaps Viaplay is having issues, or is it something else?

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - emilsvennesson - 2019-09-25

(2019-09-22, 18:34)zelder Wrote:
(2019-08-25, 12:12)emilsvennesson Wrote:
(2019-08-24, 19:18)zelder Wrote: I was stupid and said no to a DRM update once. The plugin stopped working a week ago. I've updated the inpustreamhelper to 0.3.5. Is there a way to force a DRM update?

Remove the cdm folder in /.kodi/userdata.   
Tackar. 

It worked.  Now having some issues with lag. I didn't have much issues with this before. I'm on a 500/500 fibre connection wired. I can only do 5 Mbit/s 720p before it stutters. My device (S912 Amlogic) handles 4K brilliantly elsewhere, and I have been able to stream 1080p/4k previously with VPN. Now no VPN is needed. I have also tried with a VPN. The result is the same.

Perhaps Viaplay is having issues, or is it something else? 
From what I've read, it seems like the newer versions of Widevine CDM is more CPU heavy than it previously was. Unfortunately, you can't revert to an older version either because it has been revoked and no longer works. Undecided

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - idokevoli - 2019-10-13

Got a two months subscription for free from my ISP. Installing the addon was effortless and works like a charm. With one exception. When we seen an episode, it's not ticked off as viewed. As it usually does in every other case. This is what we call "ilandsproblem" in Sweden.

Raspberry Pi3, NOOBS, Milhouse LibreELEC 18. Linux LibreELEC 4.19.36 #1 SMP Sat May 4 17:23:44 CEST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux. Had to apply a four digit code from the Pi on the Viaplay website. Shouldn't history be saved?

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - Eazy - 2020-01-22

Hi!
I have problem watching viaplay with Edge (legacy) browser. The movies freezes at start or randomly in the middle. I got tired searching for a solution for my problem. I seem to be alone with this problem or ppl don't care to ask in forum about it. Even mailed viplay for help, but they could not resolve it.

So I thought I'll try this plugin. I have a little problem here too. If I start a movie I don't get Dolby Digital plus, but if a toggle "allow passthrough" off and on in the sound menu I get Dolby Digital plus and the movie play nice. Is there any how I could make the toggling off and on automatically (with a script or something) at the start of a movie?
My computer is a Intel NUC8 i5 connected to a Denon AVR-X1000 amplifier.

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - emilsvennesson - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-22, 20:26)Eazy Wrote: Hi!
I have problem watching viaplay with Edge (legacy) browser. The movies freezes at start or randomly in the middle. I got tired searching for a solution for my problem. I seem to be alone with this problem or ppl don't care to ask in forum about it. Even mailed viplay for help, but they could not resolve it.

So I thought I'll try this plugin. I have a little problem here too. If I start a movie I don't get Dolby Digital plus, but if a toggle "allow passthrough" off and on in the sound menu I get Dolby Digital plus and the movie play nice. Is there any how I could make the toggling off and on automatically (with a script or something) at the start of a movie?
My computer is a Intel NUC8 i5 connected to a Denon AVR-X1000 amplifier.
You should be able to turn on passthrough in the Kodi settings. That way it stays enabled for video/music playback.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - riku - 2020-03-29

have this error, i guess it is releated not support python3? im using libreelec (opi dev 19.?)

code:
2020-03-28 23:59:14.097 T:711   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named 'viaplay'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.viaplay/default.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib import addon
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.viaplay/resources/lib/addon.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.kodihelper import KodiHelper
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.viaplay/resources/lib/kodihelper.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from viaplay import Viaplay
                                            ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'viaplay'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - riku - 2020-03-29

Tried also on mac mini (macos high sierra) viaplay works fine, but on fullscreen fps drop about to 5-10 when i open finder or any other app window on top of the kodi (same time video playback on backround) then it run smooth, but as soon kodi only is on full screen it start go low fps again, changing resolutions/streaming setting wont help, also changing inputstream setting wont affect. Netflix works smooth, so it is no input stream issue.

luckly i can use normal safari browser to play viaplay until this bug is fixed Smile

On linux(ubuntu) and android this works flawlessly no problems.

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - hdmintel - 2020-06-01

when i watch any channel, after each event by epg the picture stops me
is there a way to go live without interruption and after the event the player automatically switches to the next event according to the epg

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - Stocks - 2020-11-25

(2019-10-13, 13:36)idokevoli Wrote: Got a two months subscription for free from my ISP. Installing the addon was effortless and works like a charm. With one exception. When we seen an episode, it's not ticked off as viewed. As it usually does in every other case. This is what we call "ilandsproblem" in Sweden.

Raspberry Pi3, NOOBS, Milhouse LibreELEC 18. Linux LibreELEC 4.19.36 #1 SMP Sat May 4 17:23:44 CEST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux. Had to apply a four digit code from the Pi on the Viaplay website. Shouldn't history be saved?

Got the same issue with the addon not ticking of items as watched. A bit annoying since I can't remember what I watched previously if it goes more than a couple of minutes between viewings.

Is there any fix for this yet, 6 months later?

RPi 3 model B, LibreELEC 9.2.6 RPi 2.arm

It's an annoying I-landsproblem

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - KeepingItRetro - 2020-12-07

Everything I play I get MissingVideoError with the ViaPlay addon. Any ideas guy?

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - nozomi - 2021-01-03

@emilsvennesson

Any plans on updating viaplay and cmore to Matrix? The audio was out of sync for me in like every addon using 18 on Shield and I updated to 19 to fix it. Problem is the majority of addons still using python 2 and not 3. Peace

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - macardi - 2021-02-22

(2021-01-03, 18:24)nozomi Wrote: @emilsvennesson

Any plans on updating viaplay and cmore to Matrix? The audio was out of sync for me in like every addon using 18 on Shield and I updated to 19 to fix it. Problem is the majority of addons still using python 2 and not 3. Peace

+1

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - emilsvennesson - 2021-02-22

I will take a look at it this weekend.

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - allewigh - 2021-02-25

When trying to play anything from the Channels tab, I get the message "MissingVideoError". Everything else seems to be working just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

RE: Viaplay add-on thread - emilsvennesson - 2021-02-27

Initial support for Matrix has been pushed to the git: https://github.com/emilsvennesson/kodi-viaplay. Please let me know if you discover any bugs! Smile

(2021-02-25, 20:25)allewigh Wrote: When trying to play anything from the Channels tab, I get the message "MissingVideoError". Everything else seems to be working just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I've also fixed this on the latest master.