Kodi Community Forum
Win 20 minute load and freezing... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Win 20 minute load and freezing... (/showthread.php?tid=287350)

Pages: 1 2 3

20 minute load and freezing... - Berna1678 - 2016-08-17

I recently re-installed Kodi Jarvis 16.1 on my windows 10 OS, the program now takes 20 minutes to load and I can't get into the "file manager" because the program freezes. I'm just wondering if i re-installed the program wrong or if there's something else at work.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - trogggy - 2016-08-17

It's probably pixies.
They can be a bugger in the summer - the warm weather brings them out.
A debug log (see the wiki) would confirm.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - Dangelus - 2016-08-17

Uninstall Kodi via Windows uninstall manager then make sure you delete the Kodi userdata directory. Reinstall.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - Berna1678 - 2016-08-17

what are "pixies"? i have fairies in my computer?

So how do I copy the debug log?

(2016-08-17, 19:12)Berna1678 Wrote: So how do I copy the debug log?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

If you are submitting a link to your debug log then please make sure you have read the forum rules as you were indicated in your last thread that violated them. If any violating items are in your log then we cannot provide support.

even when i click on programs it freezes...

If I were you I would cut your losses and just reinstall following the instructions in post #3.

You must have some sort of conflict causing issues, possibly an add-on you have installed. If you get the same issue with a clean install you can rule out a direct Kodi issue and it is another conflict on your system.

ok and the userdata folder is in my comp im assuming? (sorry im not a computer guy) Do i just search for that folder?

(2016-08-17, 19:27)Berna1678 Wrote: ok and the userdata folder is in my comp im assuming? (sorry im not a computer guy) Do i just search for that folder?

In my post #3 the word "userdata" is in blue which means it's a link. The link will explain where to find it.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - Gracus - 2016-08-17

Sorry!

Wrong answer!

(2016-08-17, 19:40)Gracus Wrote: @Berna1678: is it really smart to have your thread binned and just repost it without forgetting to remove the banned add-on name from your post?

If your issue is with a banned add-on, why don't you search for help wherever you got this crap?

@Gracus Where? The OP has removed all references to banned add-ons and resubmitted his support question. He has also been informed of the forum rules regarding support and so far is complying. There is currently no violation with this thread. Please try to be a little more gracious with your responses.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - Gracus - 2016-08-17

(2016-08-17, 19:46)Dangelus Wrote: @Gracus Where? The OP has removed all references to banned add-ons and resubmitted his support question. He has also been informed of the forum rules regarding support and so far is complying. There is currently no violation with this thread. Please try to be a little more gracious with your responses.

Ok!

I will remove my response (if I still can)

Edit: done

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - DarrenHill - 2016-08-17

On Windows, in Windows Explorer, type %APPDATA% in the address bar and then press enter. Go into the Roaming folder, and in that folder there should be a .kodi folder (note it's by default a hidden folder, so you may need to enable viewing files and folders to see it).

That is the folder Kodi uses to store all its configuration etc. Just rename that to something else without Kodi running, and then next time you start Kodi it will be recreated afresh and you will have a virgin clean install.

RE: 20 minute load and freezing... - trogggy - 2016-08-17

(2016-08-17, 19:24)Dangelus Wrote: If I were you I would cut your losses and just reinstall following the instructions in post #3.

You must have some sort of conflict causing issues, possibly an add-on you have installed. If you get the same issue with a clean install you can rule out a direct Kodi issue and it is another conflict on your system.
Am I missing something here?
Deleting the userdata folder (as described in post #3 / the wiki link) leaves the addons folder in place, no?