Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - SPo! - 2018-11-05

(2018-08-16, 10:47)chrisism Wrote:
(2018-08-16, 02:50)b4904540 Wrote: Hello, I tried to use AEL as an alternative to the outdates advanced launcher addon.

Whenever I try to create a launcher and choose launchertype (no matter which type, error happens everytime) the setup failes and the brings up the following log, any idea ?....

Seems like you are using the master branch version, which is still under development.
Download the 0.9.8 version from https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/tree/release-0.9.8   
 @chrisism,

could you please upload your working version for the shield ? >> "https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/tree/hotfix/android_v8_system_call_issue"

Regards, SPo!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Aatos - 2018-11-05

(2018-11-05, 09:54)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-11-04, 20:44)Aatos Wrote:  

Rufoo has published a mod of Mimic + SexyCirrus named Lyrebird, for Krypton and Leia. It's not yet as complete as SexyCirrus but he's actively working on it. You also have AEL Estuary Mod for Krypton. AEL Estuary Mod is very cheap compared with SexyCirrus but at least you have some decent views.

OK, if you want to modify AEL 0.9.6 this is what you will have to do:

1) Copy the artwork from AEL master into your copy of AEL, in the same directory.

2) Have a look at the new AEL code that uses this artwork in the virtual launchers here.

3) You have to modify AEL 0.9.6 in a similar way here.

Also, I can make AEL 0.10.0 minimum Kodi version to run Jarvis, but you will lose some features, notably the extended select dialog when configuring artwork.

EDIT: I have updated the list of supported skins in the first thread, if you want to have a look. You can install Kodi Portable on a Windows machine for quick testing. 
 Thanks for the tips on the skins, maybe I can take my existing modifications to Lyrebird and get to Krypton/Leia through them.

I also took a look at your helpful examples on 0.10.0 code vs. 0.9.6. If I understood this correctly, that would modify the assets used on the virtual launcher directories, e.g when deciding to look at all genres, there's a certain con etc? This made me think perhaps I was a bit unclear in the first post when describing what I'm trying to achieve. So I just wanted to confirm: I would not be looking to modify the assets linked to the launcher categories (e.g. genre), but rather all the individual genres themselves. E.g. if I have a "2D Platformer", I'd like that to have a certain description and art linked to it, then "Run n' Gun" have different certain ones, and so on. Is this something on the road map for 0.10.0 or only the one level higher? 

Of course I considered this might be tricky given the constantly updating nature of the content in those categories. It still seems like there's "empty slots" for this art when browsing through e.g. genres in Kodi so it would seem logical we could display an art for these, if only we could designate somewhere where that art is located. The xml file vcat_genre would seem like a place for this but it only holds very basic information, perhaps due to being constantly regenerated.. but perhaps a logic like "if art exists with the same name (+ plot data somewhere), then use it for this vlauncher" could work here?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-06

(2018-11-05, 21:19)SPo! Wrote: After removing the last bracket in the script main.py at line 869, i get this error the time i want to import a Launcher XML:

Code:
20:25:37.378 T:156080510192   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/resources/objects.py:4723: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
                                              def pairServer(self, pincode):
20:25:37.378 T:156080510192   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/resources/objects.py:4913: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
                                              def getCertificateBytes(self):
20:25:37.378 T:156080510192   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/resources/objects.py:4929: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
                                              def getCertificateKeyBytes(self):
20:25:37.526 T:156080510192  NOTICE: AML INFO : Execute migrations
20:25:37.540 T:156080510192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: NewFileName instance has no attribute 'scanFilesInPathAsFileNameObjects'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/addon.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                resources.main.run_plugin(sys.argv)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/resources/main.py", line 277, in run_plugin
                                                m_execute_migrations(last_migrated_to_version)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AEL/resources/main.py", line 9978, in m_execute_migrations
                                                migration_files       = migrations_folder.scanFilesInPathAsFileNameObjects('*.py')
                                            AttributeError: NewFileName instance has no attribute 'scanFilesInPathAsFileNameObjects'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

AEL 0.10.0 will be a major upgrade with tons of new feats. Current version of AEL in master is under a huge refactoring and the code now is highly unstable even for alpha testing. ASAP I will release 0.10.0-beta1 for the adventurous.

Maybe Chrisism can tell you what commit to download before I started the refactoring. Otherwise, please wait a few weeks until I finish the refactoring.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-06

(2018-11-05, 22:47)Aatos Wrote: Thanks for the tips on the skins, maybe I can take my existing modifications to Lyrebird and get to Krypton/Leia through them.

Talk with Rufoo. If the changes you made are good ideas maybe he can incorporate them to Lirebird.

(2018-11-05, 22:47)Aatos Wrote: I also took a look at your helpful examples on 0.10.0 code vs. 0.9.6. If I understood this correctly, that would modify the assets used on the virtual launcher directories, e.g when deciding to look at all genres, there's a certain con etc? This made me think perhaps I was a bit unclear in the first post when describing what I'm trying to achieve. So I just wanted to confirm: I would not be looking to modify the assets linked to the launcher categories (e.g. genre), but rather all the individual genres themselves. E.g. if I have a "2D Platformer", I'd like that to have a certain description and art linked to it, then "Run n' Gun" have different certain ones, and so on. Is this something on the road map for 0.10.0 or only the one level higher? 

Of course I considered this might be tricky given the constantly updating nature of the content in those categories. It still seems like there's "empty slots" for this art when browsing through e.g. genres in Kodi so it would seem logical we could display an art for these, if only we could designate somewhere where that art is located. The xml file vcat_genre would seem like a place for this but it only holds very basic information, perhaps due to being constantly regenerated.. but perhaps a logic like "if art exists with the same name (+ plot data somewhere), then use it for this vlauncher" could work here?

Yes, AEL 0.10.0 will use fixed assets for all virtual launchers. As you correctly pointed out, having a different set of artwork for every platform, for every developer name, etc. is extremely difficult. Not difficult in the sense of impossible to do, but rather difficult as in it a hell of a long work.

When the virtual launchers are created (I think the name in AEL is Database rebuild or something like that) I can search for artwork in a specific directory. I can add this feature if you wish but generating all the required artwork is a huge effort.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - yevaman44 - 2018-11-06

Your motivation is remarkable ! Thx for all this work !

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - chrisism - 2018-11-06

Hey, I was a bit sick last couple of days so I missed out on the fun.
But I think your best bet and most stable is the 'refactor_to_repositories' branch at https://github.com/chrisism/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/tree/feature/refactor_to_repositories

This contains all the last of my refactorings and the shield/android fixes. After this branch we merged everything and now we have a lot to do.
Do notice that in this version the scrapers still dont work because of that the origin sites changed and also some of the fancy parts like virtual launchers/categories and DAT file rom auditing etc. are broken. The basic rom collections and launchers should work.
But as Wintermute said, it is unstable and work in progress. Try at own risk or wait for the release.

When I am a bit better I can help out some more, but most of my work is now on getting the scrapers back to work and Wintermute is even more busy getting the whole plugin running properly again.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - SPo! - 2018-11-06

Thank you both very much and get well soon Chrisism !
I`ll give your branch a try and can`t wait for the release Big Grin

This information may be of interests to all patrons of this thread Smile

Starting from today, Kodi Leia Beta5 has a working Retroplayer with some libretro cores available as binary addons you can download. No more complicated/cryptic ways to setup Kodi Retroplayer, just download Kodi, install it, and that's it!

Note that as of today, not all the libretro cores are available as binary addons yet but I think in the following days devs will upload more and more cores as binary addons.

AEL 0.9.7 should work OK with Retroplayer but if you find any issue please report here so I can fix it for 0.10.0. AEL 0.9.7 will not receive any fixes because all the development efforts are focused on getting 0.10.0 release out.

Linux users: Kodi binary addons are only supported on Windows and ARM architectures. To the best of my knowledge the libretro cores are not available in binary form yet.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Rufoo - 2018-11-07

Aatos Wrote:Yes, it's the old SexyCirrus.

You are welcome to send the ideas if you want them implemented in Lyrebird depending on what they are. Can't check your imgur links from where I am presently so will look at them later.

The views from SexyCirrus and its more advanced, but stunted sister project Citris are all coming across to Lyrebird.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - WeirdH - 2018-11-20

Hey wintermute and others, just checking: is this post still accurate in that online scrapers are broken?

I got a bunch of 'scraper could find no matching games' messages and the Kodi log showed a bunch of this:
Code:
23:12:59.558 T:3868 ERROR: AEL INFO : _gui_scrap_rom_metadata() ROM "Gradius Gaiden"
23:13:02.158 T:3868 WARNING: addons must not activate DialogBusy
23:13:02.269 T:3868 ERROR: AEL ERROR: (IOError) Exception in net_get_URL_oneline()
23:13:02.269 T:3868 ERROR: AEL ERROR: (IOError)
HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
so I thought I'd check the forum and found the aforementioned. Are scrapers still slated for 0.10.0? TIA

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-20

(2018-11-20, 00:36)WeirdH Wrote: Hey wintermute and others, just checking: is this post still accurate in that online scrapers are broken?

I got a bunch of 'scraper could find no matching games' messages and the Kodi log showed a bunch of this:
Code:
23:12:59.558 T:3868 ERROR: AEL INFO : _gui_scrap_rom_metadata() ROM "Gradius Gaiden"
23:13:02.158 T:3868 WARNING: addons must not activate DialogBusy
23:13:02.269 T:3868 ERROR: AEL ERROR: (IOError) Exception in net_get_URL_oneline()
23:13:02.269 T:3868 ERROR: AEL ERROR: (IOError)
HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
so I thought I'd check the forum and found the aforementioned. Are scrapers still slated for 0.10.0? TIA

The post is accurate, online scrapers do not work in 0.9.7 because of changes in the websites.

AEL 0.10.0 will have all the scrapers back and will include 2 new scrapers (Libretro library and ScreenScraper). It is going to be some weeks before AEL 0.10.0 is out. In the mean time, you can download the Libretro artwork from Github (you can do it automatically with Retroarch online updater) or use other sites like Emumovies.

Note that even when the scrapers are working again, I always encourage to download the artwork collections and use the scrapers for fine tuning.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - comzero - 2018-11-21

Hi I can with new version steam launchers add but it does not work. And the scrapers does not work too.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Sp3ci3s8472 - 2018-11-21

Some games I have have multiple files (like cue, ccd, img etc). At the moment some of them are detected as duplicates, any idea on how to cure this? I couldn't find an apparent solution in the options.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-22

(2018-11-21, 12:39)comzero Wrote: Hi I can with new version steam launchers add but it does not work. And the scrapers does not work too.

You mean the development version in Github? It's currently very unstable, please do not use it. I will release a beta ASAP.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-11-22

(2018-11-21, 22:39)Sp3ci3s8472 Wrote: Some games I have have multiple files (like cue, ccd, img etc). At the moment some of them are detected as duplicates, any idea on how to cure this? I couldn't find an apparent solution in the options.

Can you give more info? What emu are you using? What platform? Post the XML configuration of your launcher (Launcher context menu -> Export XML config)