Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - tvsht - 2020-01-09

(2020-01-07, 22:30)mechevarria Wrote: Yeah the transition issue is why the gameplay trailers were commented out in the main AEL Estuary Mod. Fyi, the code was merged into the main Arctic Zephyr 2 codebase. I am going to work on updating the other views to fix artwork path issues.
I'm so happy that you picked up Zephyr 2, finally I'll be able to merge huge chunk of my entertainment into one fronted in a nice skin. Can't wait for the rest of the views. Keep it up!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - eirrocmh - 2020-01-10

The ability to close kodi on launch of game or application and then reopen on exit of said application needs to be implemented for Windows, my Windows games seem to run like crap with Kodi still open in the background, a lot of chop and stutter. For emulators it seems fine but something about kodi staying an open process really screws with some PC titles. Is there a possibility of this being implemented by any chance?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - mechevarria - 2020-01-11

(2020-01-09, 21:54)tvsht Wrote:
(2020-01-07, 22:30)mechevarria Wrote: Yeah the transition issue is why the gameplay trailers were commented out in the main AEL Estuary Mod. Fyi, the code was merged into the main Arctic Zephyr 2 codebase. I am going to work on updating the other views to fix artwork path issues.
I'm so happy that you picked up Zephyr 2, finally I'll be able to merge huge chunk of my entertainment into one fronted in a nice skin. Can't wait for the rest of the views. Keep it up! 
Let me know which simpler view in Zephyr2 you would like to add a gameplay trailer to and I can try to work it into a pull request. First I want to fix the path stuff because it is hard to tell what looks really nice currently.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2020-01-11

Hi,

What "arguments" for the DEMUL emulator to launch games ?
In a launcher.bat file the following command works
:
demul.exe -run=dc -image="\\server\programs\Apps\SEGA Dreamcast\4 Wheel Thunder\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd"
In AEL, the same doesn't work. See below :
log
What's wrong ?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - liminal1 - 2020-01-12

Is anyone using this to launch steam link?

Can it be used that way?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-17

(2020-01-10, 05:27)eirrocmh Wrote: The ability to close kodi on launch of game or application and then reopen on exit of said application needs to be implemented for Windows, my Windows games seem to run like crap with Kodi still open in the background, a lot of chop and stutter. For emulators it seems fine but something about kodi staying an open process really screws with some PC titles. Is there a possibility of this being implemented by any chance?

That feature cannot be implemented. If you want to close Kodi and reopen when the launched app finishes you need to use a BAT/CMD script. Search in the forum, there are many examples of what you are looking for.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-17

(2020-01-11, 22:14)myghalloween Wrote: Hi,

:
demul.exe -run=dc -image="\\server\programs\Apps\SEGA Dreamcast\4 Wheel Thunder\4 Wheel Thunder v1.002 (E)[!].chd"
log
What's wrong ?

Please enable DEBUG log level in AEL as indicated in the first post. Also, paste the full debug log, not a chunk.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - mechevarria - 2020-01-19

@Wintermute0110 , you might want to update the skin support section on the first post. As of now, Arctic: Zephyr 2 now has really good support (hehe)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-20

(2020-01-19, 04:17)mechevarria Wrote: @Wintermute0110 , you might want to update the skin support section on the first post. As of now, Arctic: Zephyr 2 now has really good support (hehe)

Done. Thanks for your contributions.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Zastava - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-11, 07:00)mechevarria Wrote:
(2020-01-09, 21:54)tvsht Wrote:
Let me know which simpler view in Zephyr2 you would like to add a gameplay trailer to and I can try to work it into a pull request. First I want to fix the path stuff because it is hard to tell what looks really nice currently.  

I'm also glad that your working on getting gameplay trailers in Arctic Zephyr 2 since I really love that skin. Just updated and the paths fixes are good too. Smile
Usually I don't use that view where you enabled the trailers but I understand that maybe it was a first test to see how it goes. Normally I prefer the cleaner views. Like the ones where you have the posters/flyers on the left, then the screenshot with description on the right. Or the ones that use landscape screenshots/fanart grids. Views like those where you have a place for a screenshot/fanart probably are the best for having a trailer working if possible.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-17, 06:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 22:14)myghalloween Wrote: Hi,

:
log
What's wrong ?

Please enable DEBUG log level in AEL as indicated in the first post. Also, paste the full debug log, not a chunk. 
full log

I reproduced the bug with "$rom$" and ""$rom$"". Same issue.
Note that there is a space before "-run" in the command line

Thx

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - eirrocmh - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-17, 06:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 05:27)eirrocmh Wrote: The ability to close kodi on launch of game or application and then reopen on exit of said application needs to be implemented for Windows, my Windows games seem to run like crap with Kodi still open in the background, a lot of chop and stutter. For emulators it seems fine but something about kodi staying an open process really screws with some PC titles. Is there a possibility of this being implemented by any chance?

That feature cannot be implemented. If you want to close Kodi and reopen when the launched app finishes you need to use a BAT/CMD script. Search in the forum, there are many examples of what you are looking for.

Okay I will do that, thanks for replying. Is there a way to get retroarch to launch with the core already loaded so that it launches straight into the game rather than the retroarch main menu?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - eirrocmh - 2020-01-23

I'm not sure it is an impossibility though, the person who created the BigBox add on for the front end launchbox was able to implement this feature. Then again these are two very different add ons and I'm just a user who couldn't dream of doing what you do, so what do I know lol. Thanks for creating this I really like it, I have been waiting for an add-on like this

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2020-01-24

(2020-01-23, 04:15)eirrocmh Wrote:

I'm not sure it is an impossibility though, the person who created the BigBox add on for the front end launchbox was able to implement this feature. Then again these are two very different add ons and I'm just a user who couldn't dream of doing what you do, so what do I know lol. Thanks for creating this I really like it, I have been waiting for an add-on like this

I know. The Hyperlauncher addon is also able to close Kodi and reopen it. Both addons use external scripts to do so, and also is kind of a workaround because Kodi is not expected to be closed by an addon. AEL is a general launcher with some features as emulator frontend. As a general launcher, you can use a wrapper script to close Kodi if you wish.

Another solution is to use a more powerful PC for your HTPC. Currently I'm using a 6 year-old Intel NUC i3 with Linux. This HTPC is perfectly capable of running any 2D-based platform and some 3D-based platforms like PSX and N64 with no problems with Kodi running on the background. I paid about 500 euros in the day counting the price of the NUC, the 8 GB of memory (mistake... 4 GB are more than enough) and 256 SSD. Now, the price of this setup should be about 150 euros, which is comparable to many ARM-based TV boxes around which are much less powerful.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - DirtPT - 2020-01-26

Hi guys,
does anyone know what are the arguments for the Nebula emulator of Sega Model 2 to work on AEL?
On a previous release of AEL (don't remember which one) the emulator was launched and so the game.
Now the emulator is launched but not the game.
Keep the good work Cool