Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - tillaz87 - 2021-07-05

(2021-07-05, 11:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-07-04, 15:09)tillaz87 Wrote: Image

What skin is this and they layout used i can't find it in the ones listed

That skin is a beta version of Citris coded by Rufoo. Citris was an evolution of good old Cirrus Extended. Citris never reached an stable release because it proved too difficult and tedious to update the code of Cirrus Extended. Instead, Rufoo created a version of Mimic with updated game views named Lyrebird. Currently Lyrebird is also unmaintained but I think some users have updated the skin to run into Leia and maybe Matrix. I haven't heard of Rufoo in over a year or so, I'm not sure if he will come back to the Kodi games scene or not.

In the Lyrebird skin the suna view? rufo says in his thread you can change the scrolling orientation to vertical in the skin modifier settings I can't seem to find anything to make the banners scroll down rather than across any idea how to change this? It's my only niggle with it

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-05

(2021-07-05, 12:14)tillaz87 Wrote: In the Lyrebird skin the suna view? rufo says in his thread you can change the scrolling orientation to vertical in the skin modifier settings I can't seem to find anything to make the banners scroll down rather than across any idea how to change this? It's my only niggle with it

Mmmmm.... maybe you can be right. I am not sure if the Sauna view was in Citris or in Lyrebird. In any case, maybe somebody in the skin thread can help you better.

Just a general comment; it is a shame that so many great skins got lost like tears in the rain because lack of maintenance...

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - BreizhReloaded - 2021-07-05

(2021-07-05, 11:50)Wintermute0110 Wrote: I'm trying to locate the skin discussion thread in Kodinerds forum, even if only in German, but cannot find it. Can you please tell me the link?

I'm not fully fluent in German, but here is what I got:
Do you want me to provide some screenshots?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - bibi - 2021-07-06

Hi,

Thanks for the work.
I tried AEL and get an error when i import XML Launcher :
Code:
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.2021-07-05 19:27:49.700 T:16700    INFO <general>: AEL INFO : Processing Launcher "Nintendo 64 (RA)"
2021-07-05 19:27:49.700 T:16700    INFO <general>: AEL INFO :       with Category "Nintendo"
2021-07-05 19:27:49.701 T:16700   ERROR <general>: AEL ERROR: SingleInstance::__exit__() Unhandled excepcion in protected code
2021-07-05 19:27:49.704 T:16700   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'NameError'>
                                                   Error Contents: name 'nfo_dic' is not defined
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                       main.Main().run_plugin(sys.argv)
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 411, in run_plugin
                                                       self.run_protected(command, args)
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 570, in run_protected
                                                       elif command == 'EXECUTE_UTILS_IMPORT_LAUNCHERS': self._command_exec_utils_import_launchers()
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 10058, in _command_exec_utils_import_launchers
                                                       autoconfig_import_launchers(g_PATHS.CATEGORIES_FILE_PATH, g_PATHS.ROMS_DIR,
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/autoconfig.py", line 413, in autoconfig_import_launchers
                                                       autoconfig_import_launcher(ROMS_DIR, categories, launchers, categoryID, launcherID, i_launcher, import_FN)
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/autoconfig.py", line 596, in autoconfig_import_launcher
                                                       Launcher_NFO_meta = fs_read_launcher_NFO(Launcher_NFO_FN)
                                                     File "/home/bibi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/disk_IO.py", line 1284, in fs_read_launcher_NFO
                                                       update_dic_with_NFO_str(nfo_str, 'year', nfo_dic, 'm_year')
                                                   NameError: name 'nfo_dic' is not defined
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-07-05 19:27:49.727 T:16700    INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped

The XML :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
    <name>Nintendo 64 (RA)</name>
    <category>Nintendo</category>
    <Launcher_NFO>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets Nintendo/Nintendo 64.nfo</Launcher_NFO>
    <platform>Nintendo 64</platform>
    <application>/usr/bin/retroarch</application>
    <args>-L /usr/lib/libretro/mupen64plus_next_libretro.so &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
    <args>-L /usr/lib/libretro/parallel_n64_libretro.so ;;$rom$&quot;</args>
    <ROM_path>/donnees/emulation/roms/nintendo-n64/</ROM_path>
    <ROM_ext>zip|z64</ROM_ext>
    <ROM_asset_path>/home/kodi/AEL-assets/nintendo-n64/</ROM_asset_path>
    <Asset_Prefix>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets Nintendo/Nintendo 64</Asset_Prefix>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-06

(2021-07-06, 01:37)bibi Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the work.

That's currently fixed in Github. As a workaround, the crash only happens if you use an external NFO file for the launcher metadata.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-06

(2021-07-06, 08:55)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 01:37)bibi Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the work.

That's currently fixed in Github. As a workaround, the crash only happens if you use an external NFO file for the launcher metadata.

Edit: Be careful, this line

Code:
<args>-L /usr/lib/libretro/parallel_n64_libretro.so ;;$rom$&quot;</args>

Must be

Code:
<args>-L /usr/lib/libretro/parallel_n64_libretro.so &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-07

(2021-07-05, 20:28)BreizhReloaded Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 11:50)Wintermute0110 Wrote: I'm trying to locate the skin discussion thread in Kodinerds forum, even if only in German, but cannot find it. Can you please tell me the link?

I'm not fully fluent in German, but here is what I got:
Do you want me to provide some screenshots?

It is OK with the screenshots. The reason I asked is because the readme file in Github is just a changelog, it does not have installation instructions. Without some basic instructions some users will get completely lost. In the table I like to link to the skin thread in a forum so users can ask questions if needed. Also, in the "Estuary Mod v2" thread I cannot see the link to the skin Github repo. Are you sure that is the skin thread?

EDIT: My German knowledge is basically non-existant but at least I can understand it better than Japanese Rofl

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Buff - 2021-07-11

Hi,

Wondered if someone could help me out with the arguments for launching mupen64 via retroarch please? I'm using Windows 10 and most of the arguments I can find seem to be for Linux or android.

I've tried -f -e "path to core" "$rom$" and various versions thereof and at best it launches retroarch but the log console says failed to load.

Previously got n64 games to work with project64 fine and only using retroarch as I'm hoping to be able to close the emulator via an xbox controller.

Many thanks

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - tillaz87 - 2021-07-11

How do I get nfo files for pc games? Non of the scrapers pull anything for me and can't see anything on Google

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Buff - 2021-07-11

(2021-07-11, 17:13)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Wondered if someone could help me out with the arguments for launching mupen64 via retroarch please? I'm using Windows 10 and most of the arguments I can find seem to be for Linux or android.

I've tried -f -e "path to core" "$rom$" and various versions thereof and at best it launches retroarch but the log console says failed to load.

Previously got n64 games to work with project64 fine and only using retroarch as I'm hoping to be able to close the emulator via an xbox controller.

Many thanks

All sorted, found some ideas earlier in the thread and -L "C:\RetroArch-Win64\cores\mupen64plus_next_libretro.dll" "$rom$" -f works for me now.

Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - eirrocmh - 2021-07-11

I have pretty much perfected my AEL for Kodi 18, is there a fast an easy way to copy literally everything over to the Kodi 19 version? How would one do that? Thanks

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-12

(2021-07-11, 18:45)tillaz87 Wrote: How do I get nfo files for pc games? Non of the scrapers pull anything for me and can't see anything on Google

You have to generate them yourself. You can tell AEL to generate empty NFO files and then you can edit those NFO files and reimport in AEL database.

TheGamesDB and MobyGames should have some support for PC games. Can you give an example of what are you trying to do?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-07-12

(2021-07-11, 21:19)eirrocmh Wrote: I have pretty much perfected my AEL for Kodi 18, is there a fast an easy way to copy literally everything over to the Kodi 19 version? How would one do that? Thanks

Just update your Kodi version, then update AEL to the latest Matrix compatible version. Execute AEL and in the Utilities menu run "Check/Upgrade all databases". For a peace of mind you can do a backup of the AEL data directory before the upgrade, in case you run into trouble and want to roll back.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - tillaz87 - 2021-07-13

(2021-07-12, 07:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-07-11, 21:19)eirrocmh Wrote: I have pretty much perfected my AEL for Kodi 18, is there a fast an easy way to copy literally everything over to the Kodi 19 version? How would one do that? Thanks

Just update your Kodi version, then update AEL to the latest Matrix compatible version. Execute AEL and in the Utilities menu run "Check/Upgrade all databases". For a peace of mind you can do a backup of the AEL data directory before the upgrade, in case you run into trouble and want to roll back.

Yeah I've been adding them manually but it's a bit time consuming with the amount I have was just messing about with the sauna view from lyerbird made a few changes to get it how I wanted and was missing the plot parts of meta data

Was something I've been meaning to do for a while but never had the time to look into it.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - eirrocmh - 2021-07-14

(2021-07-12, 07:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

I have Kodi 18 installed as a portable version, so you are saying if I just install 19 over my current 18 location and then update AEL as well, all my games and launchers/settings will remain intact? Sorry just a little confused.