Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - atsumori - 2017-04-20

Thanks! Advanced DOOM Launcher sounds brutal Wink Enjoy golden week!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2017-04-20

OK for nplayer, I enter different values for a launcher, but where can I filter that ?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 19:58)myghalloween Wrote: OK for nplayer, I enter different values for a launcher, but where can I filter that ?
In the virtual launchers, you can filter out ROMs by nplayer. Also, you can use the search function in the launcher context menu.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2017-04-20

In context menu of my launcher, "search ROM", I can search by ROM Title, by Release Year, by Genre, by Studio, by Rating, but not by Nplayer...
In [Browse by...], I can see "Browse by number of players", but when I clic on, AEL display the message "Browse by number of players database not found. Update the virtual category database first."
How I must do ?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-21

(2017-04-20, 22:11)myghalloween Wrote: In context menu of my launcher, "search ROM", I can search by ROM Title, by Release Year, by Genre, by Studio, by Rating, but not by Nplayer...

I though that was already implemented. I will code ASAP and count with it in the next release.

(2017-04-20, 22:11)myghalloween Wrote: In [Browse by...], I can see "Browse by number of players", but when I clic on, AEL display the message "Browse by number of players database not found. Update the virtual category database first."
How I must do ?

From the context menu of "[Browse by ...]" or the context menu of a virtual launcher click on "Update databases". You can rebuild all databases or only the database of the virtual launcher you want to use. In my setup, with about 20,000 ROMs, it takes about a couple of minutes to rebuild everything. AEL will detect when you make a change to any ROM or Launcher and will ask to rebuild the virtual launcher databases again.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2017-04-21

Well ! It work ! Finally, that's all I wanted a few pages ago for search by nplayer ^^
When you'll update to implemente Nplayer in context menu of launcher, it will be awesome for me.

You really realize a very good update of the first Advanced Launcher !
Continuous !

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - kpop - 2017-04-24

Is there anyway to get more views in other skins eg nox Silvio, as ael is in programs as a add-on, it doesn't have many choices compared to internet archive ROM launcher that has its add-on in videos, which gives it countless views in all skins.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-24

(2017-04-24, 16:20)kpop Wrote: Is there anyway to get more views in other skins eg nox Silvio, as ael is in programs as a add-on, it doesn't have many choices compared to internet archive ROM launcher that has its add-on in videos, which gives it countless views in all skins.

Generally it's a bad idea for a launcher addon to be a video addon. This is related to the way Kodi handles media URLs and filling the log with cruft. Kodi Leia will introduce the new games media-type and maybe that will improve AEL's situation because AEL also provides games and skinners will need to support the games media type officially. However, still a lot of work to do... not even the metadata fields that the game media-type will support have been defined by now.

Having said that, AEON NOX and its derivatives are notorious because their lack of good support and views for program addons (with the exception of AEON NOX MQ). The only solution is that you go to the XXXXX NOX subforums (substitute XXXXX by your favourite mod) and ask the developers to add a couple of views for AEL or in general to improve the views for programs. It took me about 5 hours of work to mod Confluence to support AEL (without having much skinning knowledge). However, I understand NOX authors ... if they implement every request they have that time will increase exponentially. Anyway, you don't lose anything for trying.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Qwijibo - 2017-04-29

Hi Wintermute0110,

I'm having issues setting up the initial launcher.

When I try to select path Kodi is only showing me my online sources, not local folders, see below:

I have hidden files and all the usual enabled and just can't work it out. This is on a RPI running libreelec community but the problem is also present in OSMC.

Any ideas?

Cheers

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-29

(2017-04-29, 03:27)kjb85 Wrote: Hi Wintermute0110,

When I try to select path Kodi is only showing me my online sources, not local folders, see below:

I have hidden files and all the usual enabled and just can't work it out. This is on a RPI running libreelec community but the problem is also present in OSMC.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Looks like you have to configure a Kodi source to access the local filesystem where you place your ROMs. Check out libreelect wiki to find a writable directory where you can put your ROMs and assets directories. Next, go to Kodi settings -> File Manager. Click on "Add source" and configure the local directory. Once you do that, that source will show up in AEL's file selection dialogs. If you don't see the "Add source" item on the file manager, go to Kodi Settings -> Media settings -> General and make sure option "Show Add source buttons" is ON. These instructions are for Estuary skin; other skins change the location of settings a bit, so be careful with this.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Qwijibo - 2017-04-30

(2017-04-29, 18:56)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-04-29, 03:27)kjb85 Wrote: Hi Wintermute0110,

Any ideas?

Cheers

Looks like you have to configure a Kodi source to access the local filesystem where you place your ROMs. Check out libreelect wiki to find a writable directory where you can put your ROMs and assets directories. Next, go to Kodi settings -> File Manager. Click on "Add source" and configure the local directory. Once you do that, that source will show up in AEL's file selection dialogs. If you don't see the "Add source" item on the file manager, go to Kodi Settings -> Media settings -> General and make sure option "Show Add source buttons" is ON. These instructions are for Estuary skin; other skins change the location of settings a bit, so be careful with this.

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2017-05-01

Anybody know how to set launcher for FBA 0.2.97.35 (Final Burn Alpha) ? Argument ?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-05-02

(2017-05-01, 20:49)myghalloween Wrote: Anybody know how to set launcher for FBA 0.2.97.35 (Final Burn Alpha) ? Argument ?

In the Final Burn site they have documentation about the command line. Click here and then select "Command line" in the select box.

Also, I recommend that you setup MAME instead of FB...

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - JesusOnEez - 2017-05-02

Oooooh! I've been away from Kodi for a bit but was following this development a while ago...now I've come back to see it released! Great stuff...now I just need to get myself some retro controllers!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - dmakk - 2017-05-03

Hi Wintermute, regarding the parent-clone view, am I missing how you can hide missing roms when viewing clones, even when they're parent roms? I'm using AEL as a PC game launcher, and I greatly prefer that view for games series as opposed to collections since it feels more like movie sets.