Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-06

New AEL release 0.9.1

Notes

This is small bugfix release with a couple of new features. Most important change is that now AEL will refuse to add ROMs if there are duplicated asset for directories: this is for your own good, if there are duplicated asset directories then assets will be overwritten by the scrapers.

No... asset/artwork scrapers are not working yet. It will take some more time until I get them working properly. In the mean time I updated the first post with some useful links where you can download artwork collections.

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.1 | 6 September 2016

FEATURE Invalid characters in launchers.xml are fixed before importing AL legacy launcher/ROMs. A copy of the fixed launchers.xml is placed in AEL ADDON_DATA_DIR.

FEATURE Check if there are duplicated asset directories. This will avoid overwriting of artwork files!

FIX Changed video supported extensions from [mpg, mpeg, avi] to [mov, divx, xvid, wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4, mkv, avc].

FIX Fixed issue 21: Crash when adding ROMs using _roms_add_new_rom().

FIX Fixed edition of asset directories in "Edit Launcher" -- "Manage ROM Asset directories..."

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - foleyjo - 2016-09-06

Haven't tested the script you suggested yet but have tried the latest release and it's great. Videos scraped and played great.
There is one issue though. It say's it won't scrape clear logos as I haven't set the directory but there is nowhere to set the directory in the rom assets directories (or I'm not seeing it for looking)

Re: RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-06, 19:57)foleyjo Wrote: Haven't tested the script you suggested yet but have tried the latest release and it's great. Videos scraped and played great.
There is one issue though. It say's it won't scrape clear logos as I haven't set the directory but there is nowhere to set the directory in the rom assets directories (or I'm not seeing it for looking)

Edit the launcher. If you created the launcher with AEL then all directories for assets were created automatically inside the launcher artwork directory you chose. If launcher was imported from AL then only title and fanart directories exists. You have to create and add the ones you want to use manually.

Sent from my SC-02G

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - foleyjo - 2016-09-06

No the directory is there and has files in. It's when you go to the Edit Launcher, Manage Roms , Manage Rom Assets Directories there is no option to set the clear logos path.

On a different note that script worked. It's strange because I have to minimise Kodi, then maximise it then minimise it again before launching Fusion fullscreen or the speed drops. Not sure if its because I'm on dual screens or something.

I'm loving AEL thanks for all the work you're doing on it

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-06, 20:41)foleyjo Wrote: No the directory is there and has files in. It's when you go to the Edit Launcher, Manage Roms , Manage Rom Assets Directories there is no option to set the clear logos path.

On a different note that script worked. It's strange because I have to minimise Kodi, then maximise it then minimise it again before launching Fusion fullscreen or the speed drops. Not sure if its because I'm on dual screens or something.

I'm loving AEL thanks for all the work you're doing on it

You are right! I forgot to include clearlogos path on the edit dialog. Bug will be fixed in 0.9.2.

I'm glad that the script worked for you. The problem with Fusion could be this: Fusion was last updated in 2010. If you are using a modern Windows then maybe there could be some problem because of incompatibilities of an old DirectX Fusion is linked with an the current one. Note this is a guess and I could be completely wrong. Why you don't try Retroarch or Mednafen? Also MAME itself is very decent as a console emulator for GG, SMS and Genesis.

My setup for emulation isn't all that powerful and I can't get full speed on Sega 32x games with Retroarch. (I also read that Fusion is recommended over the Picodrive core for 32x games).

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - BugRaider84 - 2016-09-07

(2016-09-06, 16:49)Wintermute0110 Wrote: New AEL release 0.9.1

Notes

This is small bugfix release with a couple of new features. Most important change is that now AEL will refuse to add ROMs if there are duplicated asset for directories: this is for your own good, if there are duplicated asset directories then assets will be overwritten by the scrapers.

No... asset/artwork scrapers are not working yet. It will take some more time until I get them working properly. In the mean time I updated the first post with some useful links where you can download artwork collections.

Advanced Emulator Launcher | version 0.9.1 | 6 September 2016

FEATURE Invalid characters in launchers.xml are fixed before importing AL legacy launcher/ROMs. A copy of the fixed launchers.xml is placed in AEL ADDON_DATA_DIR.

FEATURE Check if there are duplicated asset directories. This will avoid overwriting of artwork files!

FIX Changed video supported extensions from [mpg, mpeg, avi] to [mov, divx, xvid, wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, mp4, mkv, avc].

FIX Fixed issue 21: Crash when adding ROMs using _roms_add_new_rom().

FIX Fixed edition of asset directories in "Edit Launcher" -- "Manage ROM Asset directories..."

thx wintermute!
Great stuff Big Grin

will try it all out over the weekend...
No worries about the scrapers, it's not a race Wink

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - viriiguy - 2016-09-08

How do I get it to launch a regular Linux application? I want to launch TunerStudioMS from inside Kodi, as this will be in my CarPuter.
I created a launcher that pointed to /etc/TunderStudioMS/TunerStudio.sh and it tells me it is launching it, but nothing happens.

So I tried to make another that pointed to TunserStudio.jar also. Same thing.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Arokhaerr - 2016-09-08

Does the .sh script have the execute flag?

Re: RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-08

(2016-09-08, 17:54)Arokhaerr Wrote: Does the .sh script have the execute flag?

Can you elaborate a bit?

Edition: Didn't read the previous post, sorry.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Zpectre87 - 2016-09-09

(2016-09-06, 22:39)foleyjo Wrote: My setup for emulation isn't all that powerful and I can't get full speed on Sega 32x games with Retroarch. (I also read that Fusion is recommended over the Picodrive core for 32x games).

I dislike Picodrive, so I understand your choice. Unfortunately, Steve Snake seems to have abandoned Fusion.

For what's worth, my Raspberry Pi 3 runs 32X games well with Picodrive, and the Pi isn't the fastest device on Earth.

I really wish the Genesis Plus GX core ran 32X games, though. But it's hard to justify development for only around 30 games, of which most were ports of games that you can already play on MAME without issues, unless they did it for the sake of completeness.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - foleyjo - 2016-09-09

(2016-09-09, 07:06)Zpectre87 Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 22:39)foleyjo Wrote: My setup for emulation isn't all that powerful and I can't get full speed on Sega 32x games with Retroarch. (I also read that Fusion is recommended over the Picodrive core for 32x games).

I dislike Picodrive, so I understand your choice. Unfortunately, Steve Snake seems to have abandoned Fusion.

For what's worth, my Raspberry Pi 3 runs 32X games well with Picodrive, and the Pi isn't the fastest device on Earth.

I really wish the Genesis Plus GX core ran 32X games, though. But it's hard to justify development for only around 30 games, of which most were ports of games that you can already play on MAME without issues, unless they did it for the sake of completeness.

I was using the GenPlus GX core for sega games and Fusion for just 32X games but ended up just using Fusion as it seemed simpler.

I use a Pipo X9 (http://www.pipo-store.com/pipo-x9-tv-box-8-9-inch-mini-pc.html) for my main emulation device. It's not too powerful but I'm actually using it as a top end Amiga with WinUAE.
It just doesn't seem to like Picodrive.
It's supposed to have a 64bit processor but comes with 32bit windows. I don't know if 64 bit windows would make a difference to my speed issues though.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - patm95 - 2016-09-09

Does this launcher support shortcuts (.lnk) files. I would really like to use this for netflix. Thanks!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2016-09-09

It does ! ( usefull for pc game too !)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - braz - 2016-09-09

Is anyone having trouble with standalone launchers? Mine are just opening up a Windows Explorer window to Kodi's path, and not launching the game.

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

I thought maybe it was because I imported my launchers from Advanced Launcher, but it does this same this with ones created directly in AEL.

Thanks!