Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - kpop - 2018-02-19

is there any straight forward tutorials to set this up, this is about the 5 time ive given this a go, but find it overly complicated for what it is, it could be so much more simpler,

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - kpop - 2018-02-19

i keep trying to scrape my collections but they get about half way trough scraping metadata and artwork then craps out, not saving any of the scrapes,ive also tried scraping metadata only which works, but cant work out how to scan all the roms after to download artwork.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - jaydash - 2018-02-19

(2018-02-17, 11:47)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 22:48)jaydash Wrote: Thank you for this add-on!!!  I finally got around to giving AEL a try.  I got my Steam games working with a LNK launcher -so cool!!!

But I've got a question too... Big Grin I am having trouble with RetroArch for the ROM launcher... I'm new to RetroArch, but I have it up and running independently outside of Kodi (it's really cool too!), but with AEL it just doesn't do anything... an AEL window pops up saying that it's launching, but it doesn't get any further.

It's a 17.6 install on Windows 10.  The pastebin link below is a part of the Kodi log with all the "ERROR: AEL INFO" lines.  If a whole log is more useful, I can get one posted later.

I'm probably missing something simple -I hope it's something simple... I've tried tweaking the arguments, but I have no idea.  I've been through the documentation on the fist page of the post and Github, I've Googled... just stumped.  Thanks for your time... Any help would be most appreciated! 

https://pastebin.com/FKBHsHvP
You are welcomed. I hope you will like AEL!

The chunk of log you pasted is OK. Put quotes around paths. Your arguments must be:
Code:
-L "C:\Games\RetroArch\cores\snes9x_libreto.dll" -f "$rom$"

Please try and report back if you have any trouble. 
 Wintermute, 
Thanks. I hoped it'd be something simple!  [face-palm]
And, thanks again for the add-on. These launchers (Angelcry's launcher, and your continuation of and improvements to the idea), really make Kodi the best 10 ft interface out there for a couch/TV set up... Thanks!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-02-21

(2018-02-19, 03:30)kpop Wrote: is there any straight forward tutorials to set this up, this is about the 5 time ive given this a go, but find it overly complicated for what it is, it could be so much more simpler,
I assure you that a lot of effort has been made to make the AEL setup as easy as possible, compared with other plugins and front-ends. However, emulators (and virtualization software in general) are extremely complex pieces of software that sometimes require some dedication by the user. On the other hand, AEL is not just an emulator front-end but a general launcher for Kodi and this means there should be options to make everybody as happy as possible and at the same time keeping the complexity to a minimum. Needless to say, this is not easy!

I bear with you that AEL still lacks good documentation/tutorials: over the las 18 months AEL has been in constant development, with lot of things changing from version to version. Writing good docs takes as much time as development and I don't want to spend time writing docs that must be changed in a matter of weeks. Once AEL stabilises feature-wise (version 1.0.0) I will spend some time improving the wiki in Github.

kpop Wrote:i keep trying to scrape my collections but they get about half way trough scraping metadata and artwork then craps out, not saving any of the scrapes,ive also tried scraping metadata only which works, but cant work out how to scan all the roms after to download artwork.
Can you please give more information about your setup? What OS are you using? What are your collections? What emu are you using? What platform (MAME is a special case always)? The emu launches well? Your only problem is that metadata/artwork scraper is not working? I do not have magical powers so if you don't tell me information about what you want to do I cannot help you.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - kpop - 2018-02-21

hi, yea its libreelec on a 905x box, so with retroarch on it, ive got iarl set up running well but thought id put my own collections on it,so just tried to put on my snes collection, i have a 4 tb bigbox frontend setup on my pc, with all artwork scraped from emumovies, but pointing ael to the artwork, it ignores it also.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-02-21

(2018-02-21, 10:04)kpop Wrote: hi, yea its libreelec on a 905x box, so with retroarch on it, ive got iarl set up running well but thought id put my own collections on it,so just tried to put on my snes collection, i have a 4 tb bigbox frontend setup on my pc, with all artwork scraped from emumovies, but pointing ael to the artwork, it ignores it also.
Please install latest AEL from Github. Use the release-0.9.8 branch. Then, go to your SNES launcher, context menu, "Edit Launcher", then "Export Launcher XML configuration". Post the XML file here (or upload to pastebin).

Have your tried the following?: launcher context menu, "Edit Launcher", "Manage ROMs", "Scan ROMs local artwork"? If you can activate AEL DEBUG (instructions on the first post) and post the Kodi debug log when you scan the ROMs local artwork that would be great.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - ciskohansen - 2018-02-23

hello, I  do not know how running the games.
I have a box s905 with libreelec, I  create the launcher and choose "retroarch.sh" , but I think the problem is with the "path to core", I write the route where the core is, for example, -L storage/.kodi/cores/nestopia.so -F but not working.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-02-23

(2018-02-23, 13:47)ciskohansen Wrote: hello, I  do not know how running the games.
I have a box s905 with libreelec, I  create the launcher and choose "retroarch.sh" , but I think the problem is with the "path to core", I write the route where the core is, for example, -L storage/.kodi/cores/nestopia.so -F but not working.
What build are you running (Kszaq or any other)? I do not know much about LibreELEC on Android boxes. I think in the LibreELEC forum will be able to help you better with the arguments you need.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-02-23

Your way has an -F instead -f:
-L storage/.kodi/cores/nestopia.so -F

Put quotes around paths. Your arguments must be
This is the right way:

-L "storage/.kodi/cores/nestopia.so" -f "$rom$"

Please test and report back
Hope you like AEL

Cheers

Edit:
@Wintermute0110  was faster than me hahahahaha!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - ciskohansen - 2018-02-23

thanks for your fast answer but not working

I choose emulator

I think I put the correct argument

Launch the game but come back to kodi and and this error on the corner:

....not supported, disable

Emulation station +retroarch are working well

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-02-23

Theres a | on your arguments 

Right after the last "

I think this is the problem

Cheers

no, it is only the cursor

Oh!
This a troll cursor hahahahah

I do not understand that red message on screen, any idea?

Well I think it is a problem with the core, tomorrow I will try with a different one.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-02-24

What say on the red message? it's very hard to read.