Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - fregrinz - 2018-05-10

(2018-05-10, 10:51)WeirdH Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 17:17)fregrinz Wrote: per launcher setting would be great. I been fiddling with bat files but starting go over my head a little, years since looked at anything like this.

I tried the following and it killed kodi,opened uplay,but then instantly reopened kodi..

@echo off
taskkill /f /IM kodi.exe
Uplay.exe
cd\
cd D:\Program Files (x86)\kodi 
Start /WAIT Kodi.exe

i try reading that forum link as well in mean and thanks for pointers so far.

I found the same problem with taskkill, and when searching for an alternative, I found pskill.

Link.

Using this in my batch files waits before relaunching Kodi.

Example batch file:

pskill Kodi.exe

cd /d "G:\HTPC-zooi\EMULATIE\SNES"

zsnesw.exe %1 %2

cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\"
start Kodi.exe -fs

just tried it , must be doing something wrong because kodi closes and reopens immediately..

pskill Kodi.exe

cd /d "D:\Origin"

Origin.exe %1 %2

cd /d "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\"
start Kodi.exe -fs

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - fregrinz - 2018-05-10

hmm ok i got it work for guild wars 2 but when i try origin client or galaxy client it doesn't work. I think depends on how apps run origin and galaxy probably have other processes opening up as well when it launches so confuses the batch.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - WeirdH - 2018-05-10

(2018-05-10, 11:16)fregrinz Wrote: just tried it , must be doing something wrong because kodi closes and reopens immediately..

pskill Kodi.exe

cd /d "D:\Origin"

Origin.exe %1 %2

cd /d "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\"
start Kodi.exe -fs  

The %1 and %2 are just there because AEL sends out two additional arguments when launching Zsnes, I don't know what that does to your batch, try removing them. With my example, Kodi only restarts when I exit Zsnes. I honestly don't know why it does, I just know that it does... Also, try the /WAIT you had earlier when reopening Kodi.

I don't know anything about Origin or Galaxy, so can't help you with that.

Made alterations some it works sometimes it doesn’t am at a loss.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - WeirdH - 2018-05-11

I don't know how knowledgeable you are and/or what you already tried, but when I got stuck, I just started googling around on how batch files work. It got me 4 working emulator launchers that all do exactly what I want.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - fregrinz - 2018-05-11

SUCCESS i think lol.. (ugh one snag galaxy when click close runs stupid background system tray processes so fouls up bat as still technically running)
Quote:PSKILL KODI

START "" "D:\Origin\Origin.exe"

:LOOP
PSLIST Origin >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
  GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
  ECHO Origin is still running
  TIMEOUT /t 10 /nobreak > NUL
  GOTO LOOP
)
:CONTINUE
KODI
EXIT /b

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-11

(2018-05-11, 11:14)fregrinz Wrote: SUCCESS i think lol.. (ugh one snag galaxy when click close runs stupid background system tray processes so fouls up bat as still technically running)
Quote:PSKILL KODI

START "" "D:\Origin\Origin.exe"

:LOOP
PSLIST Origin >nul 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
  GOTO CONTINUE
) ELSE (
  ECHO Origin is still running
  TIMEOUT /t 10 /nobreak > NUL
  GOTO LOOP
)
:CONTINUE
KODI
EXIT /b

Maybe the problem is that you use START to execute Origin.exe. START process finishes as soon as Origin.exe is started. Have you tried just calling "D:\Origin\Origin.exe"Huh

@to everyone: if you have some useful scripts in Windows please send them to me, open a pull request in Github or open an issue in Github (if you don't know how to make pull requests) so I can include them in the AEL Asset Library.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-11

It's been a while since the last AEL version. During this time I've been quite busy with Advanced MAME Launcher, including two AML releases with a lot of new features including a full MAME ROM auditor.

Starting from next week I will start a new AEL development cycle. I will release 0.9.8 soon with bug fixes and a couple of new features and then I will concentrate on coding 0.10.0. Release 0.10.0 will be a major upgrade with lot of new features (thanks to Chrisism for the help!) and many things ported from AML, like the Fanart generator from other pieces of artwork and the PDF Manual reader. I think 0.9.8 will be released at the end of May and 0.10.0 around July/August, depending on how busy I am with real life.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - UnluckyForSome - 2018-05-12

(2018-05-11, 13:32)Wintermute0110 Wrote: It's been a while since the last AEL version. During this time I've been quite busy with Advanced MAME Launcher, including two AML releases with a lot of new features including a full MAME ROM auditor.

Starting from next week I will start a new AEL development cycle. I will release 0.9.8 soon with bug fixes and a couple of new features and then I will concentrate on coding 0.10.0. Release 0.10.0 will be a major upgrade with lot of new features (thanks to Chrisism for the help!) and many things ported from AML, like the Fanart generator from other pieces of artwork and the PDF Manual reader. I think 0.9.8 will be released at the end of May and 0.10.0 around July/August, depending on how busy I am with real life.

Sounds good dude!

A small request/idea;

Would it be possible to add unzip/extraction functionality to a temporary folder which then boots the extacted iso/rom? I think some people (like myself) have large collections which they would prefer to keep compressed for space-saving reasons! I’ve played around with a couple of other small programs which extract achives on the fly and they let you select the location of your extracting program exe to do this(winrar or 7zip usually)...

Many thanks again and keep up the good work! 👍

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - WeirdH - 2018-05-12

Hey man, thanks for maintaining this app, it's hugely useful to me. Any chance you saw my earlier question (in this post) about the arguments for ePSXe?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-13

(2018-05-12, 23:11)WeirdH Wrote: Hey man, thanks for maintaining this app, it's hugely useful to me. Any chance you saw my earlier question (in this post) about the arguments for ePSXe?

Sorry, I totally forgot about this. Use the following arguments:

Code:
-nogui -analog -loadmemc0 "g:\htpc-zooi\emulatie\psx\epsxe190\memcards\$rombasenoext$.mcr" -loadiso "$rom$"

$rom$ is the ROM filename with the full path, for example g:\htpc-zooi\emulatie\psx\ROMs\Crash Bandicoot 3.cue.

$rombasenoext$ is the ROM filename with no leading path and no extension. Following with the example, Crash Bandicoot 3.

Another way to solve your problem is to switch to Retroarch Mednafen PSX core. That core by default creates a different memory card for each game (you also have the option to use a common card for all games). Also, you can share memory card files between emulators. Play the ROM in Retroarch first, that will create the memcard file. Then, overwrite the Retroarch memcard file with the ones you had from ePSXC. Note that Mednafen PSX creates two memory cards, ending in .0 and .1, corresponding to the 2 memcard ports of the PlayStation.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - WeirdH - 2018-05-13

That did it. Thanks a bunch! Is it correct that these arguments also give me an 'epsxe001.mcr'? That one is new to me. But my older memcardfiles work again, so I won't have to start over. Much obliged.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-05-14

Here how I use one of my batch command to launch Retroarch:

@echo off

echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Launching Emulator ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

D:\Programas\PSTools\pssuspend64 kodi.exe -nobanner >nul

"D:\Advanced Emulator Launcher\Retroarch\retroarch.exe" -L "D:\Advanced Emulator Launcher\retroarch\cores\snes9x2010_libretro.dll" -c "D:\Advanced Emulator Launcher\Retroarch\config\Super Nintendo.cfg" "%~1" --verbose

echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Exititing Aplication :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

D:\Programas\PSTools\pssuspend64 kodi.exe -r -nobanner >nul 

With the batch ready, I just convert this in a exe using Bat2Exe and use on place of main Retroarch exe.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-14

(2018-05-13, 20:58)WeirdH Wrote: That did it. Thanks a bunch! Is it correct that these arguments also give me an 'epsxe001.mcr'? That one is new to me. But my older memcardfiles work again, so I won't have to start over. Much obliged.

No idea, I never used ePSXC. Maybe it's a side effect of calline the emu with wrong arguments before you started using $rombasenoext$.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-14

(2018-05-12, 22:20)UnluckyForSome Wrote: Would it be possible to add unzip/extraction functionality to a temporary folder which then boots the extacted iso/rom? I think some people (like myself) have large collections which they would prefer to keep compressed for space-saving reasons! I’ve played around with a couple of other small programs which extract achives on the fly and they let you select the location of your extracting program exe to do this(winrar or 7zip usually)...

Many thanks again and keep up the good work! 👍 

It will be possible to extract ZIP files. Python standard library has full support for ZIP files and in fact Advanced MAME Launcher ROM auditor already is able to open and inspect ZIP files for the audit.

RAR is a proprietary format, I have only seen a C implementation with a restrictive license (not FOSS). 7zip is FOSS but also there is not a Python library. Although other plugins distribute binaries (notably IARL) I do not want to do that in AEL for several reasons.

Another question is... why do you need to unpack your ROMs? Retroarch supports loading ZIPpped ROMs. MAME also supports loading ZIPpped ROMs, and actually MAME developers recommend not to unpack the ROMs. The only reason that occurs to me is for Kodi Retroplayer, which currently does not support ZIPped ROMs. However, I think Garbear will add support for packed ROMs in Retroplayer soon. Can you please elaborate why you need ROM unpacking?