Kodi Community Forum
Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: Beta Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) (/showthread.php?tid=289336)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - jingai - 2016-09-03

Release Candidate 5 with support for Kodi 17 (Krypton).

Please provide feedback if anything isn't working. Please do not request features in this thread.

The latest testing release can be obtained here. It will identify as Metropolis 3.3.9, but this is Metropolis 3.4.0rc5.

Known issues and progress are tracked here.

Current focus: Views, especially within Addons. Look for mis-aligned or missing UI elements.
Additional focus: Widgets, Weather, and PVR.

CHANGES
3.4.0rc5 - 20160923
  • Required changes for Kodi 17 (Krypton).
  • Various bug fixes.
  • Adjust frame alignment and sizes.
  • Clean up PVR views.
  • Make Leather theme darker.
  • Speed up widget display.
  • Clean up Navigation Menus.
  • Use default widgets from SkinShortcuts/SkinHelper.
  • Show numeric position in lists.
  • Add Breadcrumbs to Global Heading.
  • Restore background fanart for addons.
  • Fix visual glitches in progress bars.
  • Fix Media Overlay text overlapping Media Flags.
  • Support for Videos in Panel Square view.
  • Add screenshots to DialogAddonInfo.
  • Add addon size to DialogAddonInfo

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - gate1975mlm - 2016-09-04

Thanks will test and report if I come across any issuesSmile

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - ziggy73701 - 2016-09-05

Looking very cool so far... no obvious issues for me...!

I see you have added support for the Skin Helper service.. this isn't a feature request but a curiousity.. are we likely to see built in support for animated posters? I ask as I have this in my custom build of the previous version, and will save me implementing twice Big Grin

Also... does this build (or any official) build support media overlays? Or is that a Macyver thing?

Other than great, looks great and really happy to see this updated. massive thanks!

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - jingai - 2016-09-05

You're welcome to share the changes you have for animated posters and I'd consider it.

As for media overlays, which overlays are you referring to...?

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - gate1975mlm - 2016-09-05

Hi Jingai,

I am having a brain freeze and can not remember if this is a bug or if it happens with 3.3.0 as well. Everytime I skip ahead or back in a video I see in the middle of the screen a "Buffering %"message.

I find that a little annoying to see that all the time even when just skipping ahead or back in very small jumps.For example with the Kodi default skin "Estuary" you almost never see anything when you skip ahead or back in a video except once in a while you do see a tiny blue spinning circle but it's VERY quick.

Is there any chance you can change the "Buffering %" message to a tiny blue spinning circle or something simple like that as I think that would look better? And also speed it up so you only see it if you are skipping pretty far ahead or back?

It just looks strange seeing it say "Buffering" for when watching local videos on my hard drive because they are able to skip to any part almost instantly. There really is no "Buffering" going on not like when watching youtube videos at least Smile.

Other then that everything seems to be running fantastic so far.

Thanks Smile

There is buffering even with local videos. I don't ever see the message though with my SMB shares, so if you're seeing it with local files, my guess is you've either got a tremendously slow drive, or you directed Kodi to buffer more than it should (like an Advancedsettings.xml directive).

(2016-09-05, 18:03)jingai Wrote: There is buffering even with local videos. I don't ever see the message though with my SMB shares, so if you're seeing it with local files, my guess is you've either got a tremendously slow drive, or you directed Kodi to buffer more than it should (like an Advancedsettings.xml directive).

I never changed any settings and my hard drives are not slow at all.

Is the "Buffering" message only apart of Metropolis because I don't see that with Estuary with that like I said I see a small blue spinning circle which I find more pleasing Wink

I'm more curious as to why you're seeing it at all. Oh, hmm.. I'm seeing it on Krypton too. Never saw it before with local media.

I guess it must be due to changes in the video player core.

I'll think about alternatives its size and placement.

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - ziggy73701 - 2016-09-05

(2016-09-05, 14:48)jingai Wrote: You're welcome to share the changes you have for animated posters and I'd consider it.

As for media overlays, which overlays are you referring to...?

Awesome will dig them out...

Its the DVD / Blu Ray frame that you see in list views

I am testing this right now with the same 1080P video file though my home network.

And when skipping forward and back with Estuary I see nothing and with Metropolis I keep seeing "Buffering %".

(2016-09-05, 18:22)jingai Wrote: I'm more curious as to why you're seeing it at all. Oh, hmm.. I'm seeing it on Krypton too. Never saw it before with local media.

I guess it must be due to changes in the video player core.

I'll think about alternatives its size and placement.

Cool Smile

I thought I was going crazy Smile lol

I really don't feel that the media cases match Metropolis' aesthetic. I've still got it on the list of things to reconsider, but it won't be in 3.4.0.

edit: FWIW I'd be much more inclined to include them if someone drew up cases that matched the style of the skin better. Hint hint Wink

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - ziggy73701 - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-05, 18:37)jingai Wrote: I really don't feel that the media cases match Metropolis' aesthetic. I've still got it on the list of things to reconsider, but it won't be in 3.4.0.

edit: FWIW I'd be much more inclined to include them if someone drew up cases that matched the style of the skin better. Hint hint Wink

When you say the "style" of the skin... what is it about the cases you aren't keen on? What kind of style are you looking for?

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - ziggy73701 - 2016-09-06

Are you wanting issues reporting hereHuh

In Metropolis settings --> Image resources...select any item and the menu is a little off with Get More and Cancel over laying each other.

RE: Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton) - MacGyver - 2016-09-06

(2016-09-06, 10:04)ziggy73701 Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 18:37)jingai Wrote: I really don't feel that the media cases match Metropolis' aesthetic. I've still got it on the list of things to reconsider, but it won't be in 3.4.0.

When you say the "style" of the skin... what is it about the cases you aren't keen on? What kind of style are you looking for?

I can imagine he means something that would look retro, like art-deco. I just have zero artistic ability so can't even think of what a blue-ray case from the 20's would look like. Probably something that wouldn't look out of place in Bioshock.
I just used what I could find, but he's right, they don't match the decor.