Kodi Community Forum
v17 Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: v17 Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update (/showthread.php?tid=289498)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - FernetMenta - 2016-09-05

Please be patient. Our Windows expert on this topic is on vacation. In the meantime you could try different render methods and sw decoding. Post your observations.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - oomek - 2016-09-05

Update: decoding set to auto is not stuttering as long as DXVA2 is disabled, so we already know what is the culprit here.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - A-Swiss - 2016-09-08

What graphic Card do you use? I've installed the anniversery Update and Kodi 16.1 Jarvis works as before.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - oomek - 2016-09-08

ATI Radeon R7 240
Kodi 17 latest Nightly.
I have a weird feeling that the AMD Drivers plus Anniversary Update is causing that hickups.

Even more weirdness. After a restart DXVA2 is working fine for about 10 seconds then the stutter fest begins and it's getting worse the longer I keep playing the videos.
Buffer overflow in the driver's code?

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - x-cimo - 2016-09-25

I have the same problem. AMD R290. Latest driver.

The issue started with win10 update, the issue is most visible for live tv. Its pretty much unwatchable.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - SnakeEyes - 2016-09-25

Just upgraded from 16.1 to 17beta2 and having the same problem. Also having other issues (black screen on exit)

3 buffers
Adjust refresh on start/stop
Sync playback off
Render auto
Hardware acceleration DXVA2 on

i7 920
12gb ram
Win 10 latest update
660Ti lastest drivers

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - SnakeEyes - 2016-09-25

I can resolve the issue by turning adjust refresh rate to off or by leaving on and turning hardware acceleration off.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-09-25

Are you guys trying to play x265/hevc encoded movies? If so, then I would say your video card doesn't support it like mine (Nvidia GTX 650).

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - Pillze - 2016-09-26

Also having these issues on 17 (slight stutter and black screen on exit) since the big ms update, had it across 2 systems both with win 10 anniversary update but only in full screen mode, if i use full screen windowed its fine.

had it happen on a gtx 980 and a gtx 1080 across z77 and z97 across multiple drivers.

16.1 full screen works as it should.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - Madmuhfuh - 2016-09-26

You tried dropping back to double buffered? I get buffering on live streams with triple that i dont get using double. Worth a try.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - x-cimo - 2016-09-26

Syncing display to video option seems to resolve the issue for me. I will see if I can re enable hardware decoding.

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - SnakeEyes - 2016-09-26

(2016-09-26, 00:23)Madmuhfuh Wrote: You tried dropping back to double buffered? I get buffering on live streams with triple that i dont get using double. Worth a try.

made no difference for me. the only way to resolve was 1. turn off hardware acceleration or 2. turn off change refresh rate on start/stop or 3. run Kodi in fullscreen window mode.

i'm also getting a complete freeze after aprox 30-40 minutes of watching a movie (H264 mkv 1 to 1 blu ray rips). going into task manager and clicking "Kodi" returns functionality.

the freeze happened on my 2nd PC (haven't watched a movie on the other since update)
i5 4670k
16gb ram
980Ti (latest Nvidia drivers)
Win 10 Pro (latest update)
clean Kodi 17beta2 install

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - Gracus - 2016-09-26

Try with latest nightly

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - x-cimo - 2016-09-29

Was something fix in the nightly?

Im currently on the stable release. (Not the beta)

RE: Terrible video stuttering after Anniversary Update - stonedsquirrel - 2016-09-29

I'm having a similar issue. Interestingly not on Windows 10 but on Ubuntu 14.04 with AMD fglrx 15.302. I didn't update for quite some time and did it last week (Kodi 17 nightly). Since then, some videos are stuttering in the described manner. It happens for different Codecs/Containers and different frame rates. I can't seem to find any similarity between the affected files.

One observation I have made is that the stuttering disappears, if some OSD is visible. E.g. if I show the video information or progress bar. It goes back to stuttering as soon as the OSD disappears. Maybe those affected could confirm that behavior.