Kodi Community Forum
Android Passthrough Changes with v17 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Android Passthrough Changes with v17 (/showthread.php?tid=289735)

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - loxley - 2017-02-15

Just wanted to confirm that the shitty build: kodi-20170209-02d525f-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk now enables DTS again on my receiver. Sony Bravia Android (5.1.1) TV.

(Worth to note is that the other build did infact enable Dolby Digital and I also didn't have to change sound settings to PCM. But the lack of DTS was a no, no for me, so shitty it is for me instead...)

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - hannemann - 2017-02-15

Hi Holger,

since the Video Converter for Hyperion breaks the PT i ordered an HDMI SPLITTER. One Output then will be connected to the Video Converter and one to the TV which supports PT just fine.

I also own an HDMI Audio Converter which works fine.

PT is broken only if the Video Converter is somehow involved. Even if its connected after the Audio Converter (which than connects to my Surround System). Hopefully an HDMI Splitter can solve this issue.

AC3 and DTS are the only Codecs supported by my Audio (Logitech Z906) hence Toslink is perfect.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - HolgerKuehn - 2017-02-15

(2017-02-15, 15:11)Oleg Maddox Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 00:00)Holger Kühn Wrote: I'm using this HDMI Switch with toslink. On the shield and any recent official nightly 17.1 it's working just fine. Though you'll only get AC3/DTS 5.1 out of it, as TOSLINK is not designed for 7.1, Atmos or anyone of those newer formats (if I followed the NVidia Shield thread right).

Hi,

I have the same problem - v17.0 won't play DTS/DTS-CD media on android 6.0 TV Box using decoder of AVR. V16.1 playing DTS well but DTS-CD Media with higher speed....
Correct me if I'm wrong, if I'll use connected to Android TV Box (Amlogic based) some HDMI splitter to HDMI + SPDIF (optical) then I will be able to use my multichannel DTS media with decoders of AVRs and Passthrough mode in Kodi?

PS. I don't have AVRs with HDMI.... My old are all top of sound quality and superb. And I don't need it for movies... but for music (from digital media I prefer multichannel SACD and DTS over any other digital formats).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Please read this whole thread. But as far as I can tell you from my own experience the following setup worked fine for me:

Amazon Fire TV with FW 5.0 and 5.2 did got me AC3 with transcoding DTS within the official builds
Nvidia Shield 2017 with Android 7 is working just fine with AC3 and DTS (without transcoding) using the official build

Thats the android based hardware I can tell you for sure. So I assume you should at least be fine using AC3 transcoding, but you should find some statements for Amlogic based devices in this thread (or at least the links thereof) as it came up several times.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - Oleg Maddox - 2017-02-16

Thanks. Transcoding isn't interesting. the sound is going very incorrect in this case.
For sure many other tested android players and native Google player working fine with DTS passthrough via SPDIF.on my son TV Box amlogic 905 with Android 6
And I did read the whole topic. Simply I'm first time on this forum to solve the problem of my son Android TV Box. And I see the problem isn't on my side.
Will wait. Maybe someone will correct the problem. Or simply later will buy another one dune hd or something like my dune for my son. It works just fine with sound and comfortable in control.
And i'm almost sure the bug is in Kodi - at least the program doesn't send the flag to switch AVR in one of DTS modes - my AVR shows in advanced information menu that there is no flag in signal, when KODI playing DTS. No Flag - AVR's DTS decoder don't know what to do... Its my opinion. V16.1 was sendig flags and DTS decoded on AVR side. There was just bug with DTS-CD/16Bit - higher speed playing files and no work from real DTS-CD using external USB-DVD drive.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - wrxtasy - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 02:19)Oleg Maddox Wrote: And I did read the whole topic. Simply I'm first time on this forum to solve the problem of my son Android TV Box. And I see the problem isn't on my side.

Will wait. Maybe someone will correct the problem. Or simply later will buy another one dune hd or something like my dune for my son. It works just fine with sound and comfortable in control.
And i'm almost sure the bug is in Kodi - at least the program doesn't send the flag to switch AVR in one of DTS modes
Before Fritsch get very frustrated... Wink

@oleg Maddox,

Sorry but you are incorrect with your assumptions.

The Bug IS NOT with Kodi Krypton and squarely with the poor AMLogic Android Firmware (for Kodi Krypton) you have on that budget box. Maybe you read the thread but still fail to understand. Firmware is the key.

Its pretty simple. You need a device with IEC Audio Firmware support for to get fully working Audio output from Kodi Krypton.
This thread is about Kodi Krypton v17. Kodi Jarvis is irrelevant and off topic. There have been many Audio changes since v16.

The Android device NEEDS to have IEC Audio code in its Firmware. See Post #2 of this thread for details.

The working out of the box Android Krypton Audio solution is buy a Mi Box or nVIDIA Shield that supports the IEC Audio standard.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - fritsch - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 02:19)Oleg Maddox Wrote: Thanks. Transcoding isn't interesting. the sound is going very incorrect in this case.
For sure many other tested android players and native Google player working fine with DTS passthrough via SPDIF.on my son TV Box amlogic 905 with Android 6
And I did read the whole topic. Simply I'm first time on this forum to solve the problem of my son Android TV Box. And I see the problem isn't on my side.
And i'm almost sure the bug is in Kodi - at least the program doesn't send the flag to switch AVR in one of DTS modes - my AVR shows in advanced information menu that there is no flag in signal, when KODI playing DTS. No Flag - AVR's DTS decoder don't know what to do... Its my opinion. V16.1 was sendig flags and DTS decoded on AVR side. There was just bug with DTS-CD/16Bit - higher speed playing files and no work from real DTS-CD using external USB-DVD drive.
The good thing is: technical implementations are free of opinions, they are facts, not alternative ones. What you think v16 did is pure bullshit.

wrxtasy, fritsch,

Maybe I'm wrong with my input here. Sorry if it is.

Have you tried to contact AMlogic asking to check their firmware?
If not, could you give me right contact ?

KODI is super popular program in the world and if it is working everywhere, keep right standards, then the developer of hardware should think twice, that if his firmware or hardware is wrong and it is known for a lot of people, then the sales of his product will fail step by sep....

It is easy to write them and explain in details their fail, if is....

Personally, I did such things in the past for sigma and they corrected the bug (Used in Dune base HD and others), for Trustmaster, Nikon, Canon, Jaguar (Hi End audio in my car) and many-many other developers of harware (and its firmware).

Under my personal quality control it was made a huge number of programs ranging from 3D games and ending with the weapon. And it works without errors ...
So I really know what the words to write officially for AMlogic. Just give me right data to include in my message them. I think it would help a lot of people around the world.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - fritsch - 2017-02-16

AMLogic has NOTHING to do with this broken software. Those are vendors that ship a very, very early prerelease they got from amlogic as an early android 6 testing sample!

We tested with AMLogic and their final v6 release does fully support kodi and we support all their audio formats, including dolby atmos, dts-hd, truehd ... What the users with the broken v6 have on their machines was never meant for public release, just some "money makers" shipped that totally broken ...

(2017-02-16, 14:06)fritsch Wrote: AMLogic has NOTHING to do with this broken software. Those are vendors that ship a very, very early prerelease they got from amlogic as an early android 6 testing sample!

We tested with AMLogic and their final v6 release does fully support kodi and we support all their audio formats, including dolby atmos, dts-hd, truehd ... What the users with the broken v6 have on their machines was never meant for public release, just some "money makers" shipped that totally broken ...

Ok, I dropped this Tanix TX5 pro Android device already. No time to examine problems with DTS. This one I planned for birthday of my son. But I just ordered Dune HD Duo 4K http://dune-hd.com/eng/products/full_hd_media_players/50
Yes, Isn't a cheap device, but I have the same and there is working everything I(he) need. Idea with cheap box and Kodi was going wrong way currently....

When will have a time will try to evaluate more this Amlogic device.... Just for the info: Just several minutes ago tried again native android OS (google) players on this device for DTS media - it is recognized by reciver and switched into DTS mode its decoder....

Thaks for the help and attention.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - kinggo - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 15:03)Oleg Maddox Wrote: Just for the info: Just several minutes ago tried again native android OS (google) players on this device for DTS media - it is recognized by reciver and switched into DTS mode its decoder....

just like on SONY or Philips TVs............ It is some internal nonstandard bulshit that, unlike hack in v16, always works. But there's no way of knowing how and why since those apps are not open source and there's nothing Kodi team can do about it.

(2017-02-16, 15:15)kinggo Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 15:03)Oleg Maddox Wrote: Just for the info: Just several minutes ago tried again native android OS (google) players on this device for DTS media - it is recognized by reciver and switched into DTS mode its decoder....

just like on SONY or Philips TVs............ It is some internal nonstandard bulshit that, unlike hack in v16, always works. But there's no way of knowing how and why since those apps are not open source and there's nothing Kodi team can do about it.

I already told above.... maybe someone sometime will be able to solve this DTS problem. Doesn't matter on which side... There is a lot of chinese cheap TV Boxes on Android and it is popular, because really very cheap.
I really like KODI idea on android (But if I would do user interface of such program I would rework many items for more comfortable usage by simple remote which isn't good say for my wife )))). And I already have some simple ideas that is easy implement in KODI regarding managment of DSP menus).

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - wrxtasy - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 15:03)Oleg Maddox Wrote: Ok, I dropped this Tanix TX5 pro Android device already. No time to examine problems with DTS.
You already have a very capable AML S905 under the hood of the Tanix TX5 Pro. All you need is good Firmware. For a well proven solution grab a Class 10 microSDHC card (Samsung EVO or Sandisk) and visit this LibreELEC forum for HD Audio with Krypton.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

All further questions to do with LibreELEC over in that forum please.

(2017-02-16, 16:32)wrxtasy Wrote: You already have a very capable AML S905 under the hood of the Tanix TX5 Pro. All you need is good Firmware. For a well proven solution grab a Class 10 microSDHC card (Samsung EVO or Sandisk) and visit this LibreELEC forum for HD Audio with Krypton.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

All further questions to do with LibreELEC over in that forum please.

Thank you. I already got with courier Dune for my son today ))). Problem quickly solved....Birthday.... He is more than happy.

Will take a look for you link later (and I found newest firmware on Russian forum 4PDA). Once again thank you all very much.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - thrxxx - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-11, 14:58)fritsch Wrote: Help my DTS stopped working - but it did in Jarvis - you broke my system - you are damn idiots, Team Kodi 111!!!111
If you have a broken firmware, download the shitty builds. They are named matching your firmware. Currently on this list are:
FireTV 1 and 2, Some prerelease AMLogic Android 6 versions that ship a broken, e.g. shitty FW, never released as final by AMLogic.

Current shitty version: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20170209-02d525f-shitty-armeabi-v7a.apk - Handle with care, you are warned. This version can kill your ears as it fakes passthrough via PCM as Jarvis did.

Great!!

what are the notsoshitty versions?

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - kinggo - 2017-02-17

read the last few pages here....... Or START HERE thread..... or use search