Kodi Community Forum
Android Passthrough Changes with v17 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Android Passthrough Changes with v17 (/showthread.php?tid=289735)

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - fritsch - 2017-03-05

Yeah - v17 is out. And we survived it somehow ... I currently don't plan on implementing anything else for Android in the near future. Not cause of bad will or something - I simply don't have any time cause of my everyday job is also starting to eat my freetime. Android volunteers are still highly needed. Every help here is appreciated.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - MB1968 - 2017-03-05

@wrxtasy The reason I posted my message in this thread is that the shitty build is being mentioned in the openingspost. I could not find another topic, appropriate for posting a message related to the shitty build.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - ssss25 - 2017-03-07

(2017-03-02, 14:18)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 14:11)ssss25 Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 07:42)fritsch Wrote: Why not reading the very first post? Everything explained here, especially amlogic and pre alpha FW shippers mentioned.
I did. Please read my initial post.

I was asking because the following quote:

---
Android Firmware that meets the IEC61937 Audio standard used in Kodi Krypton v17 currently includes the Xiaomi Mi Box and the nVIDIA Shield.
---

Means that Mi box should work fine with DTS on v17. It doesn't. So anyone with mibox, any success?

Thanks.

Sent from my E6653 (typie typie)

Just to be sure: check that "sync playback to display" is disable in kodi settings

If it is activated, it will automatically disable passthrough
Thank you all. I will check this setting and report back. So it should.be working based on reports. Thanks all.

Sent from my E6653

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - ssss25 - 2017-03-08

Looks like disabling the sync playback to display did it. It's not in the audio section so very hard to know it was related. Thank you all for your help. Smile

Sent from my E6653

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - Scythe42 - 2017-03-09

Short question: Is it intentional that the shitty build was removed from the test builds? Did I miss something?

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - fritsch - 2017-03-09

It's automated. No intention. Will build one in some hours if time permits.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - boe666 - 2017-03-11

I have amlogic905 android 5.1.1, API22.
Every players even standard players - send by SPDIF DTS and DD5.1 stream without any problems, same as KODI16.
KODI17.0 stream only DD5.1 - no DTS.
I understand your state (about standards and bugs in API22) but still don't understand why you try to protect people from themselves ?
if the problem occurs, they check the box to disable passtrought, if not (in my case and on my hardware) - every will be happy.
I still don't understand why are you taking this opportunity.
There are devices that will never be updated to 6.X - the only option is to buy a new one to use kodi.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - kinggo - 2017-03-11

or to use shitty build....

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - OptimusGREEN - 2017-03-11

What do I do differently to compile the 'shitty' build versus a normal compile from source?

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - dusinof - 2017-03-12

hi All,
I went thru this topic..(I Admit i didn't read all 45 pages) but still hopefully get picture about what is going on.
So i bought BM8 pro - http://www.xiaomitoday.com/bm8-pro-tv-box-review/
And yes, DTS,DTS-MA passthrough is not working. Based on information in page no.1 issue is with latest API used on KODI 17 vs old API in (Android or firmware of BM8 pro). I didn't found any official site supporting BM8 product (what a surprise right).
So i tried to update firmware, but it looks like I have the latest one. Kodi is also updated (version 17.0). My question is pretty straight forward.

Is there any way, how to make DTS,DTS-MA passthrough working in case that I want to use KODI 17 (not that shitty version) ?

And is problem in Android API or in BM8 firmware(in case that this ARM TV box have any own firmware in some CMOS or whatever).

Is this problem solved in Android 7.0 Nougat ? I don't know if this version can be installed in TV BOXes yet.

Many Thanks.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - mo123 - 2017-03-12

(2017-03-12, 11:18)dusinof Wrote: hi All,
I went thru this topic..(I Admit i didn't read all 45 pages) but still hopefully get picture about what is going on.
So i bought BM8 pro - http://www.xiaomitoday.com/bm8-pro-tv-box-review/
And yes, DTS,DTS-MA passthrough is not working. Based on information in page no.1 issue is with latest API used on KODI 17 vs old API in (Android or firmware of BM8 pro). I didn't found any official site supporting BM8 product (what a surprise right).
So i tried to update firmware, but it looks like I have the latest one. Kodi is also updated (version 17.0). My question is pretty straight forward.

Is there any way, how to make DTS,DTS-MA passthrough working in case that I want to use KODI 17 (not that shitty version) ?

And is problem in Android API or in BM8 firmware(in case that this ARM TV box have any own firmware in some CMOS or whatever).

Is this problem solved in Android 7.0 Nougat ? I don't know if this version can be installed in TV BOXes yet.

Many Thanks.

Send that tv box back.
It is literary one of the worst devices you can get for running Kodi.
It follows no standards, no name crap with zero firmware support.
There is also no OpenELEC you can try for S912 chipsets.
They even stole Zidoo's launcher.

Have you ever tried send anything back to china ? LOL I still think this is only HW and all could be managed in SW layer. At least i hope so. This wasn't exactly the cheapest one.. cost about 76 USD

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - mo123 - 2017-03-12

(2017-03-12, 11:30)dusinof Wrote: Have you ever tried send anything back to china ? LOL I still think this is only HW and all could be managed in SW layer. At least i hope so. This wasn't exactly the cheapest one.. cost about 76 USD

You could have gotten a Xiaomi Mi with full Kodi 17 support for a cheaper price.
Even a Rockchip RK3229 for $40 has full IEC61937 pass-through support.
It is best to first decide what features you want from a media player before buying one and doing research instead of buying something and afterwards expect new features to appear magically that was shown in flashy advertisements that are all lies most of the time.
If you registered with Paypal free return shipping, you could have send the device back to China for free and said it didn't work as advertised.

RE: Passthrough Changes with v17 - wrxtasy - 2017-03-12

@dusinof,

@mo123 is correct - ALL AML S912 devices (apart from the MINIX U9-H) are running AML test Firmware that should never had seen the light of day.
S912 boxes (and most AMLogic Android Marshmallow S905(x)) are the worst on the Market for Kodi Krypton compatibility. You cannot get a stable version of LibreELEC Kodi for the S912 either.

Unfortunately you have been hoodwinked into buying a Dud !

Your only very slight hope is the Freaktab website for alternative Firmware.

Otherwise send the box back or onsell the device and either get something with IEC Audio support for Kodi Krypton - Xiaomi Mi Box, nVIDIA Shield or MINIX U9-H.
With a AMLogic S905(x) box you can at least use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and get a far superior Kodi Audio and Video support setup.

Actually i did research pretty carefully. But i never attention to IEC61937 or KODI 17. In matter of this stuff it is always SW changes right. This have nothing to do with ARM processor or RAM or stuff like that. So i mainly focused on RAM + codecs support + 1GB LAN, HDMI, wifi and so on... This device should have all HD audio supported so to be honest, I didn't expect any issues until today, when i read this forum.